• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

False Teachers

There are many false teachers in the world today, who cause many believers to stumble. There are many doctrines that are false circulating through the body, such as universalism, the prosperity gospel, Seventh Day Adventists; the list goes on and on. This is not a new thing, throughout the bible apostates where on the rise also. Now some of them are obvious to spot because of their doctrine, but some you can only tell by looking at their fruits. 1 John 4:1 tells us to test the spirits to see whether they are from God or not.

Dealing with these apostates is a double edged sword; those who take in their doctrine are poisoned by it spiritually, and those who fight against them suffer spiritual damage because they lean on human rationality rather than Gods word to deal with it. The accuser stumbles in his accusations while the accused is left in their poison. We must be on guard of false teachers, but we also must rely on the God, and keep our conduct honorable in Him to be able to deal with it properly.

First we need to look at what a false teacher is. In Matthew 7:20 Jesus, while talking about false prophets, says, You will know them by their fruits. When Holy Spirit is at work in someones life, they produce the fruit of the Spirit. These come from abiding in Jesus who is the true vine (John 15:1-7). If we fail to bear fruit we are not abiding in Him. So what is this fruit? In Galatians 5:22-23 Paul says, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Those abiding in Christ will produce these fruit a false teacher can mimic these fruits not their life will be evident there is no fruit in their lives. Jesus warns that not everyone who says to Him Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, even if they cast out demons, and have done miracles in His name, He will reply I dont know you (Matthew 7:21-23). This verse shows that many will do miracles, and cast out demons, but that doesnt mean their saved, their fruit will reveal their salvation. I believe this verse applies to the sheep goat judgment in Matthew 25: 31-34. Those who failed to love the least of the brethren are cast away. John also says that those who fail to love do not know God, because God is love in 1st John 4:8. You can spot a false prophet by their fruits, and by their love.

One issue I see coming up with Matthew 7:21-23 is that when God is using someone to cast out demons, many have a tendency to label them a false prophet, thus, limiting the work of the Spirit in their lives and the lives around them. There have been many false teachers who mirrored and misused spiritual gifts, who faked healings, who have caused much hurt. These people are corrupt and they are what that verse alludes to. They do the most damage to those who are against them because it causes many people to be closed off to Holy Spirit is leading, and those who are truly operating in the gifts are prescribed heresy because of the fear the false teachers cause. Once again, you will know them by their fruits.

A good way to discern is to look at their motive. Are they spreading the kingdom in love, or is they on a quest for personal power? The lust of power can easy creeps in and consumes the focus. Many false teachers will be so focused on seeing miracles that they do not recognize the point of miracles. Take healing for example; many people want to see the miracles, but what is the focus, do they want to see the miracle for the sake of power, or do they want to see a brother or sister set free from the bondage they're in?

The book of Jude warns against apostates, those who creep in the church and poison the church with flesh. These people come in the church, and deny Jesus Christ and live on in lewdness (Jude 1:4) Today, we have many who have the appearance of being Christian but deny the deity of Christ, or those who claim to be in Jesus but deny Him by their lifestyle. Jude 1:3 warns us to contend for the faith; this does not mean to fight against it, but to press on righteously in the Lord. 2 Timothy 2:23-26 warns believers to maintain their conduct, to avoid word battles, and to be gentle as we correct our opponents over similar issues we see in Jude. We must be on guard against false teachers, but we also must not to reason against them with a carnal mind, but love them and desire them to be set free from the bondage they are in. God is a righteous judge, and Jude 1:5-11 makes it clear that they will receive judgment, From the Lord. Its not our job to fight them, but to love them back into the kingdom, to rebuke with caution and gentleness, and not to be the ones in the right, but to help set them free from the oppression of the enemy. Jude 1:22 talks about having compassion on some, but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire. Sin and God do not mix. This verse shows a good contrast between correcting someone gently and compassionately, or to correct boldly out of love. We must depend on Holy Spirit to make this distinction.

We are living in the age where we need to be on guard against false teachers. We need to know the word of God and stand righteously in it in all things. We need to stop warring against flesh and blood. The Kingdom is not about an intellectual mind game of whos smarter; its about the saving power of God, and walking in His Spirit. The battle of flesh in the pulpit is not just about knowing the Word, but living the Word and becoming love. We need to stand strong against false teachers but we need to be patient and led by Holy Spirit in dealing with them. Let us not jump at the chance to accuse those who fall victim to false teachings, because the devil is the accuser of brethren (Revelation 12:10). Instead, let us pray earnestly for them and reach out to them in love that they may repent and be restored in His Spirit into a right relationship with God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

If there arises among you a prophet or dreamer who promises you a sign or wonder, urging you to follow other gods, whom you have not known, and to serve them: even though the sign or wonder he has foretold you comes to pass, pay no attention to the words of that prophet or dreamer; for the LORD, your God, is testing you to learn whether you really love him with all your heart and with all your soul.--Dt 13, 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

good post my friend,yesterday ,a person told me that he and some members of his family had gold on thier hands ,when i asked him to show me in the word where this says its from God ,he couldnt show me ,there are gifts from the Holy Spirit and ,false gifts from the enemy,sooo many christains have been decieved becourse teachers have said this is from God(,i says this carefuly )corinthians ,12 verse 7 says now to each one manifestsation of the Spirit is given for the common good ,i have not heard that this gold is used for the common good ,i havent heard where this gives glory to God .only for the fasle teachers,,many are told to seek this gift ,test the spirits outs my friends ,as many false gifts are around today,,i added this for myy concern for new christians .

We must be on guard against false teachers, but we also must not to reason against them with a carnal mind, but love them and desire them to be set free from the bondage they are in.

:thumbsup:

_________

______

___

The Devil You Say

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. Colossians 2:18-23

Hallelujah~!

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39

Jesus Saves

• Group:  Royal Member

good post my friend,yesterday ,a person told me that he and some members of his family had gold on thier hands ,when i asked him to show me in the word where this says its from God ,he couldnt show me ,there are gifts from the Holy Spirit and ,false gifts from the enemy,sooo many christains have been decieved becourse teachers have said this is from God(,i says this carefuly )corinthians ,12 verse 7 says now to each one manifestsation of the Spirit is given for the common good ,i have not heard that this gold is used for the common good ,i havent heard where this gives glory to God .only for the fasle teachers,,many are told to seek this gift ,test the spirits outs my friends ,as many false gifts are around today,,i added this for myy concern for new christians .

I've heard some fake testimonies of gold dust, but I have heard some testimonies I believe from various sources including from people I know. In Indonesia, a group went over to some kids who didn't believe in God, they prayed over them and afterword the kids hands where covered in Gold dust. I don't concider this a gift, but I do believe God does stuff like this. This was a sign that brought those kids to Christ. Another story I heard, a lady needed a heart transplant, and she went to church, some little kids prayed over her and she had gold dust handprints where the kids laid hands on her, and she recieved a new heart.

I personally believe that gold does appear, even gems, and manna, but I also believe that it can easily be faked. It's not about the signs and wonders, it's about the love of God. The signs and wonders sometimes do promote the love and glory of God, but sometimes man fakes these signs. God's miracles extend beyond His word, but need to be tested by the Word. The bible is full of uneque things God has done, for example talking through a donkey, a hand apearing and writing on the wall, coins being pulled out of a fishes mouth, teleportation, etc. It's not hard to believe God can sprinkle gold dust.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

My brother.

My best friend. We have never fought, not once, in our entire lives. My mother told us that as kids we never, not once, argued.

His entire family are saved. He and his wife are elders and on the leadership team of the church. His son Michael is a full time youth pastor. His daughter Amiee runs the Grade 12 Students Christian Council at school. His eldest Mathew, who was taken at 14 sits at the foot of the throne.

Rob gave up his building and maintenance business, moved to a reed house we built in Mozambique, and does full time ministry, living on the equivalent of $700 a month. He eats local food (cassava, vegetables, fish), and travels to areas without roads (4 hours through African bush, to teach).

He is centered, loves Jesus, and is a seasoned believer who has pretty much seen it all in Mozambique (as have I). Manifestations of demons in church, a child raised by Jesus who is now 8 years old (me, in one contentious post I did some time back, having thousands of bank notes more than I asked for from a ATM spewing out, and the banks to this day, 3 years or so later, still saying, nope you got what you asked for 18,000, which was about 15,000 more if I remember), a vehicle doing 150 miles further on a tank of gas than it had ever done before (just when we needed it).

Gold dust. My brother attended a church service year. He tells me he looked at his hands and what looked like "golden sweat" was all over them. Being who he is, he showed his wife and carried on worshiping. At the end of the worship (5,000 people), and people were sitting down, a voice that my brother says was angelic in it's sound, carried on singing. Everyone looked around, but no one in the congregation was singing. They just sat and listened for a minute or so, until the voice faded.

We are not a family that exaggerates signs and wonders. We don't look for them. We just do what we do in the name of God. Our churches are bible based, with doctrine based on the foundation of Jesus, and we don't do "rapture", and very little if any prophecy. We raise our hands, worship and occasionally in prayer someone will pray in tongues (to Jesus, not to the congregation). There are prayers that break the backs of words...... We run home groups, prayer meetings in our homes. The usual stuff...

Everything that happened that I mentioned above, happened. I saw or experienced some of it, and I trust my brother with my life, because we love each other in Jesus.

There are false teachers, yes.

But then there is Jesus, and those that believe that He can do anything He wishes!

My brother.

My best friend. We have never fought, not once, in our entire lives. My mother told us that as kids we never, not once, argued.

His entire family are saved. He and his wife are elders and on the leadership team of the church. His son Michael is a full time youth pastor. His daughter Amiee runs the Grade 12 Students Christian Council at school. His eldest Mathew, who was taken at 14 sits at the foot of the throne.

Rob gave up his building and maintenance business, moved to a reed house we built in Mozambique, and does full time ministry, living on the equivalent of $700 a month. He eats local food (cassava, vegetables, fish), and travels to areas without roads (4 hours through African bush, to teach).

He is centered, loves Jesus, and is a seasoned believer who has pretty much seen it all in Mozambique (as have I). Manifestations of demons in church, a child raised by Jesus who is now 8 years old (me, in one contentious post I did some time back, having thousands of bank notes more than I asked for from a ATM spewing out, and the banks to this day, 3 years or so later, still saying, nope you got what you asked for 18,000, which was about 15,000 more if I remember), a vehicle doing 150 miles further on a tank of gas than it had ever done before (just when we needed it).

Gold dust. My brother attended a church service year. He tells me he looked at his hands and what looked like "golden sweat" was all over them. Being who he is, he showed his wife and carried on worshiping. At the end of the worship (5,000 people), and people were sitting down, a voice that my brother says was angelic in it's sound, carried on singing. Everyone looked around, but no one in the congregation was singing. They just sat and listened for a minute or so, until the voice faded.

We are not a family that exaggerates signs and wonders. We don't look for them. We just do what we do in the name of God. Our churches are bible based, with doctrine based on the foundation of Jesus, and we don't do "rapture", and very little if any prophecy. We raise our hands, worship and occasionally in prayer someone will pray in tongues (to Jesus, not to the congregation). There are prayers that break the backs of words...... We run home groups, prayer meetings in our homes. The usual stuff...

Everything that happened that I mentioned above, happened. I saw or experienced some of it, and I trust my brother with my life, because we love each other in Jesus.

There are false teachers, yes.

But then there is Jesus, and those that believe that He can do anything He wishes!

Amen Fez, thanks for sharing brother :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/11/1982

2Pe 2:1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1