wyguy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

There is a rather lengthy thread in soapbox about this topic, between Botz and Shiloh, it might be worth a read :thumbsup:

According to Eze. 40-48, which is prophecy, there will be a temple built in the millennial reign. Some believe it will rebuilt before He returns and that may be true yet I think if anything it will be finished when He returns. Ezekiel writes about the rebuilt temple where all will come and learn His truth and keep His feasts during the thousand years of His earthly reign over mankind. The saints will teach those in the nations and help rule with Him during this time.

shalom,

Mizz

True. But the thing that puzzles me are the sacrifices that will be made in that millennial temple.

I don't have any scripture to back this up, but it seems that the sacrifices you are describing would be memorial in nature rather than to take away or cover sin, since Jesus is our sacrifice for sin. Other than that I have no idea. :noidea:

I suspect that just as the Israelites looked forward to the coming Messiah, the Millenial temple sacrifices will be looking back in memorial. They aren't (can't be) for atonement.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Millennial?

Is there an actual link to the 1000 years and the temple or is this presumed?

Food for thought...

Could this be a temple of a people mislead by a false messiah into thinking these are good times ?

Isaiah 66:1-6 (NASB95)

1 Thus says the Lord,

Guest yod

I often wondered what the purpose of a millennium serves anyway?

Who are we to question God? What is the purpose of any sacrifice? Did He consult man about our opinion of the cross?

I have heard opinions (like a second chance for unbelieving Jews), but never any real scripture to back it up (other than there will be a millennium).

Stop listening to opinions. Commentaries are outdated almost as soon as the ink is dry.

These things are explained on a "need to know" basis by the Prophets. The Messiah appears to destroy those who come against Jerusalem and then sets up His Throne there to rule the nations.

The rest will be easy to figure out when it happens.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I have heard opinions (like a second chance for unbelieving Jews), but never any real scripture to back it up (other than there will be a millennium).

You mean your Bible does not have Revelation in it?

Perhaps the binding is broken and that book fell out. . .

Try reading Revelation chapter 20. . .

That "thousand years" (which simply means in Greek an unspecified long period of time akin to our exaggeration "not in a million years..." ) could simply be the past 2000 years (i.e. the Church era the era of grace).

But thank you for the snide attitude just the same.

Millennial?

Food for thought...

Could this be a temple of a people mislead by a false messiah into thinking these are good times ?

1 Thus says the Lord, "Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?

2 "For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the Lord. "But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.

3 "But he who kills an ox is like one who slays a man; He who sacrifices a lamb is like the one who breaks a dog's neck; He who offers a grain offering is like one who offers swine's blood; He who burns incense is like the one who blesses an idol. As they have chosen their own ways, And their soul delights in their abominations,

4 So I will choose their punishments And will bring on them what they dread. Because I called, but no one answered; I spoke, but they did not listen. And they did evil in My sight And chose that in which I did not delight."

5 Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at His word: "Your brothers who hate you, who exclude you for My name's sake, Have said, 'Let the Lord be glorified, that we may see your joy.' But they will be put to shame.

6 "A voice of uproar from the city, a voice from the temple, The voice of the Lord who is rendering recompense to His enemies.

I see its your opinion that there will be no earthly reign of the Messiah on David's throne? Or the vision given to Ezekiel in chpts 40-48 of the rebuilt temple which all will come to to receive His truth per Isa. 2 and elsewhere, or how Zech. 8 tells us 'I will return to Zion, And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the Lord of hosts, The Holy Mountain.'

No false messiah here in these verses.

shalom,

Mizz

Actually I was suggesting that it is the tribulation temple (which never gets destroyed btw) that is cleansed to be the millennial temple. That the sacrifices were during the tribulation under the false messiah affirming the old covenant until he reneges on the affirmation... there will be no sacrifices in the millennium when the true Messiah reigns on earth in Jerusalem enthroned in the Holiest place in the temple.

Isaiah 66 (KJV)

1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Millennial?

Food for thought...

1 Thus says the Lord, "Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?

2 "For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the Lord. "But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.

3 "But he who kills an ox is like one who slays a man; He who sacrifices a lamb is like the one who breaks a dog's neck; He who offers a grain offering is like one who offers swine's blood; He who burns incense is like the one who blesses an idol. As they have chosen their own ways, And their soul delights in their abominations,

4 So I will choose their punishments And will bring on them what they dread. Because I called, but no one answered; I spoke, but they did not listen. And they did evil in My sight And chose that in which I did not delight."

5 Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at His word: "Your brothers who hate you, who exclude you for My name's sake, Have said, 'Let the Lord be glorified, that we may see your joy.' But they will be put to shame.

6 "A voice of uproar from the city, a voice from the temple, The voice of the Lord who is rendering recompense to His enemies.

I see its your opinion that there will be no earthly reign of the Messiah on David's throne? Or the vision given to Ezekiel in chpts 40-48 of the rebuilt temple which all will come to to receive His truth per Isa. 2 and elsewhere, or how Zech. 8 tells us 'I will return to Zion, And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the Lord of hosts, The Holy Mountain.'

No false messiah here in these verses.

shalom,

Mizz

Actually I was suggesting that it is the tribulation temple (which never gets destroyed btw) that is cleansed to be the millennial temple. That the sacrifices were during the tribulation under the false messiah affirming the old covenant until he reneges on the affirmation... there will be no sacrifices in the millennium when the true Messiah reigns on earth in Jerusalem enthroned in the Holiest place in the temple.

John theres no need to post all the verses, at least for me. I am still not convinced the temple will be completely rebuilt by the time the Messiah comes again but I do certainly believe He will reign from one for the millennial reign. I also believe there will be sacrifices when during that time also, Ezekiel's chpts seem to make that clear, for what purpose has its debates, perhaps it will because there still will be sinful men on the earth. Eze. 43 shows the consecration of the altar and the sacrifices, or do you not see what Ezekiel is describing as being during the millennial reign?

Theres going to be a whole lot of people deceived when the ac comes on the scene no doubts on that and of course theres going to be those living in the land that will go along with someone who comes along and allows them to rebuild and maintain Jerusalem. That does not mean they will see him as an anti-messiah since most who live there have not accepted Him in the first place so they will not know he is the 'ac'. They will only accept Him when they see Him coming in the air as the city is being fought over, they expect the conquering King.

John theres no need to post all the verses, at least for me. I am still not convinced the temple will be completely rebuilt by the time the Messiah comes again but I do certainly believe He will reign from one for the millennial reign. I also believe there will be sacrifices when during that time also, Ezekiel's chpts seem to make that clear, for what purpose has its debates, perhaps it will because there still will be sinful men on the earth. Eze. 43 shows the consecration of the altar and the sacrifices, or do you not see what Ezekiel is describing as being during the millennial reign?

Theres going to be a whole lot of people deceived when the ac comes on the scene no doubts on that and of course theres going to be those living in the land that will go along with someone who comes along and allows them to rebuild and maintain Jerusalem. That does not mean they will see him as an anti-messiah since most who live there have not accepted Him in the first place so they will not know he is the 'ac'. They will only accept Him when they see Him coming in the air as the city is being fought over, they expect the conquering King.

Which is why some believe the "millennium" is now... the ac is released for a short while and to gather the world against the Holy City again??? When one and the same event could be explained if the reign of Christ is through the Church. We are a kingdom of priests. etc.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,788
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I did a thread on the Ezekiel 40-48 Temple some years ago. You can read through it here --

God bless,

George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Who are we to question God? What is the purpose of any sacrifice? Did He consult man about our opinion of the cross?

How is this questioning God, this is a honest question. Frankly its a good one. I don't know the answer, but I wont spit on the question. Sometimes its best to say I dont know.

I've heard it explained once and I'll probably butcher it trying to repeat the explanation for the 1000 year reign.

Anyway, it was something to the accord of God is giving us so many years to live under the law with a perfect ruler to show us that we would still rebel against him.

How is this questioning God, this is a honest question. Frankly its a good one. I don't know the answer, but I wont spit on the question. Sometimes its best to say I dont know.

I've heard it explained once and I'll probably butcher it trying to repeat the explanation for the 1000 year reign.

Anyway, it was something to the accord of God is giving us so many years to live under the law with a perfect ruler to show us that we would still rebel against him.

Huh.