IGNORED

How can God be both 'Jealous' and 'Sinless'?

luke22ministries

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1974

Folks...my apologies for the typo. In my last response, I desired to say that God is NOT sinning. :).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I believe there is righteous jealousy .....just like there is righteous anger.

Example:

If a person jealous because someone is doing better at their job than you are, one can be jealous of another sibling and so on, now that would be wrong....but if they are jealous but if someone to is trying to flirt with one's husband/wife then that would be righteous jealousy.

The Lord is righteous always.

anyway thats my 2cents worth:)

I agree! Well said. I think that the bible defines 'jealous of' and 'jealous for' as being two different things.

Example:

If a person jealous because someone is doing better at their job than you are, one can be jealous of another sibling and so on, now that would be wrong....but if they are jealous but if someone to is trying to flirt with one's husband/wife then that would be righteous jealousy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

This question is easily answered when you remember that God cannot lie. The Scriptures tell us that He is sinless, therefore the idea of Him being jealous must be understood IN that light. Since God has no equal and owns everything, He can hardly be spoken of as jealous as we know it. God is the Most High Sovereign Ruler of the Universe and rightly deserves our worship; when we wrongfully give it to another, He has every right to be jealous because it rightly belongs to Him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Example:

WIP that was way more than 2 cents worth for it's the truth that sets us free

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just where did "jealousy" come into play at ? God had shown the children of Israel his Mighty Hand when he brought them out of the land of Egypt. In the covenant of promise God made with Abraham it was in that covenant God showe Moses or foretold to him before Israel even became a nation what was going to happen.....

Genesis 15:13-14 And he said unto Abram, Know for a "surety" that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them, and they shall afflict them "four hundred years:" (14) And also that nation, whom they shall serve, "will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance".........Galatians 3:16-17 vs. 17--which was four hundred thirty years after cannot disanull, that it should make the promise of none effect.

I'm sure most everyone knows that the book of Exodus hold the story of just how the hand of God brought them out with great wealth and took care of them on their way to the promised land that flowed with milk and honey. All of the other nations had heard how God fought for them and how he was with them and they were afraid because of it.

Well during this time God began giving Moses the law which came after the covenant with Abram which is still is in effect today as "someone has already brought out that we accept the things of God simple by faith" Abraham believed (faith) God and it was counted unto him for righteousness (Romans 4;3).

Let me get back to where jealousy came into becoming........When God gave the ten commandments to Moses he came before the children of Israel and read them in their hearing so all would obey..........

Exodus 20:3-5 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: "for I the LORD thy God am a Jealous God,"

Herein lies the answer, but first I want to say that we all have emotions for they are God given to us. In having various emotions there is a righteous side to them and a unrighteous side we can glorify God or use them in ungodly ways it is our choice.

But when God was saying, he was the LORD our God and he was a Jealous God he was in no way sinning by saying he was a jealousy God. Because the Lord was a jealous God but not toward humanity at all for he was speaking of idols (gods). God was jealous in the fact people did not worship him but turned and worshipped gods they made with their own hands. The LORD wanted to be acknowledge as God the only true and living God and he commanded the children of Israel not to make gods of anything on this earth. and they were commanded not to bow down to them or serve them. The LORD was speaking concerning idol gods not to people.

(There is a story in the bible that shows the LORD in his jealousy when the Philistines put the ark and set it up beside the idol god Dagon which was a fish God set up in the temple). 1 Samuel 5:1-12

So when mrs. Oprah speaks about the Lord sinning while not allowing us to do so is basically saying the he is a hypocrite or that is the way I hear it in my ear. Oprah is speaking about things that she knows "nothing" about and it causes people to doubt their faith and causes confusion as well.

I know for sure if people in this life do not bow their knee to the One and Only True and Living God for their is not another for all other gods are dead for they cannot hear, speak, see, smell or touch for they are dead.

I know for sure if people will not bow in this life they will one day bow and acknowledge that he is the Only God and beside him their is not another.

When God was saying that he was God and beside him there is not another. You think of the golden calf the children began to worship while Moses was up in the mountain the LORD didn't like it and the golden calf had to be destroyed........................blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Who is to say jealousy is a sin?

God is a jealous God and sinless.

Guess it's not sin.

Simple.

If some nut takes a run at your spouse, are you going to actually think you sinned for wanting to "tune them up?"

Come on, folks...

:rolleyes:

Does "tune them up" = beat them like a rented mule?

God is a jealous God and sinless.

Guess it's not sin.

Simple.

If some nut takes a run at your spouse, are you going to actually think you sinned for wanting to "tune them up?"

Come on, folks...

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Does "tune them up" = beat them like a rented mule?

Why's a Mule got to be 'rented'? :P

Sorry don't want to side track this thread but I read your post and instantly heard Edie Murphy's voice from Shrek in my head.

[

It is rhe Lord who tells us that jealousy is a fruit of the flesh but when we walk in the spirit jealousy is not a fruit of the spirit. Again it is the Lord who tells us jealousy is sin "BUT" this type of jealosy is not the jealousy that God spoke of when he said 'I the LORD am a jealous God and there shalt be no other gods before me located in the ten commandment Exodus 20

God is a jealous God and sinless

Yes, God is a jealous God as he is the "I Am that I AM" and none above and he will not share his glory with another.

Guess it's not sin.

It is not a sin in the way the LORD is speaking of. You cannot twist the Word of God and make yourself a door to slip through and justify yourself to and manifest jealosy in your spirit within any situation. Not good

simple

No, not simple at all no not at all

If some nut takes a run at your spouse, are you going to actually think you sinned for wanting to "tune them up?

Since you are not being forth right in your question IMO in how you are pointing to jealousy being justified in the case of adultry. In the case of a spouse running around with another person jealousy can fill aheart to the point where the spouse can be on the verge of letting loose but holds their emotions of jealousy in tacked. When a person has jealousy and is filled with it and they go out and murder the person who they were running around with or committing adultry with. There have been many cases where this has happened and not just kill their spouse but turn and kill their children then themselves as their family had been destroyed.If jealousy turns into "murder" how can it not be sin as God also said, "Thou shalt not kill' (Exoudus 20;13)