• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1987

without a lot of prayer, this bill will never pass. we need the prayer warriors all over the country to be lifting this one up!

I will only be praying for its failure. For elementary students only, I would probably agree. But don't most schools start sex ed these days in middle school? I had my first sex ed class in sixth grade. If we are going to teach sex ed, we need to give Full story. Pretending something doesn't exist doesn't make it so...

Byron, are you going to engage with us on this topic or not? I will respond to your reply, but only if you promise not to run off when we get down to the hard questions.

I am not going to discuss homosexuality and if it is right or wrong. I decided from that last discussion I participated in on the subject (the one about the Methodist church) that its a waste of time. Everyone already has their mind made up. And there is no nudging it either way.

What I posted above has no bearing on the rightness or wrongness of homosexuality. I just have my opinion about the bill in Tennessee.

Hey Byron, I want to share something with you. My train broke down this morning on the way to work, THREE times. It meant that a one hour journey took three hours. I had plenty of prayer time up my sleeve, and I prayed for you. I want you to know that I've been in your shoes. Infact, a few years back, you could have substituted 'Byron A' for '~andy~' (my old username) and our threads would have read almost identical.

I've banged my head against a brick wall because I loved the Lord but so many of the Christians around me disagreed with me. It drove me absolutely bonkers, and it became exhausting to disagree with so many people so often. I understand that being the odd one out can be exhausting and challenging. Back then, it was difficult to see why they disagreed with me, and sometimes to see the grace and love in them because of our frequent (and I really do mean frequent!) disagreements. There was a time when I considered the label 'fundie' to be derogatory :whistling: .

The Lord has been so gracious, and as I have grown in Him I have found my position on many topics (evolution / homosexuals, etc) has changed. I honestly did't think it would, I thought my liberal interpretation was right, but I was wrong. Dead wrong! I came to realise that my liberal interpretations came at the cost of my ability to read and interpret the Word for what it said :b: . I'm not saying I now have perfect understanding, because I don't, but I have given away many of my liberal ideals for more biblically sound ones.

I'm only telling you this because as a result of my journey, I have a soft spot for those that I see trapped in what I consider to be liberal thinking. It was recent enough for me to remember the frustration, pain and exhaustion. I hope you stick around with us and fellowship with us, find agreement with us on the important issues, and grow in your knowledge and understanding of the Word while you are here. Worthy-ites really are a lovely bunch of coconuts :wub: .

God bless,

Candice

I am not going anywhere. :)

I do not get frustrated with others who disagree with me. I grew up as a fundamentalist (with the exception of being a Messianic Unitarian (NOT Unitarian Universalist), but I had all the same values. anti-gay, anti-evolution, support Israel right or wrong, etc.), so I know where they are coming from. I just happen to disagree.

I have just chosen to avoid the arguments that cause division. If God wants to change my mind on some issue, then He will do so. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

And if children don't receive it in either of those places, where will they receive it?

Johnny can't read. Why can Johnny not read?

Because the schools are more interested in teaching politically correct culturalism than the three R's.

Very good point. :thumbsup:

Guest shiloh357

without a lot of prayer, this bill will never pass. we need the prayer warriors all over the country to be lifting this one up!

I'm praying with you LadyC, I feel sex ed shouldn't be taught in any school. I feel sex ed should be taught in two places, in the home and at Church, where it would be done properly. If my child were to come home and say a teacher said being gay is okay, I would be in that school, giving a teacher a piece of my mind. Parents should have control on what their children are taught.

And if children don't receive it in either of those places, where will they receive it? Plenty of parents don't give their children sex education and very few churches actually have a thought out sex education programme.

As to homosexuality well it's a reality in all societies, even I'm sure in Tennessee, so what is achieved by ignoring it. I have a niece with a transgender parent, it's something she can't ignore and it's something those she's at school with have to have some understanding of if they are to be able to relate to her in a normal way. I don't want to see her or children with gay parents or families bullied for being odd.

As to giving gay friendly teachers a piece of your mind, if your child came home and told you he/she was homosexual. Would you want them to be in a school environment where that was a topic that could never be mentioned, something just treated as a dirty secret?

There was a time when sex education in the US was more antiseptic and simply dealt with biological functions of men and women. They did not get into moral issues like homosexuality. School is not the place for those types of discussions. A real Christian could see that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1987

There was a time when sex education in the US was more antiseptic and simply dealt with biological functions of men and women. They did not get into moral issues like homosexuality. School is not the place for those types of discussions. A real Christian could see that.

And since when do you get do decide who is real Christian? Or what a real Christian does and does not believe? Do you have Scriptural support to back up that claim that a "real Christian" can see that?

Guest shiloh357

And since when do you get do decide who is real Christian? Or what a real Christian does and does not believe? Do you have Scriptural support to back up that claim that a "real Christian" can see that?

I am not deciding anything. I am reflecting authentic Christianity which does not accept those sinful behaviors that God rejects. You can live in your liberal delusion and believe what you want, but don't fool yourself into thinking that an authentic Christian can reject the teachings of Scripture.

A real Christian does not support teaching children about homosexuality in school. It is a vile sinful lifestyle that God hates and calls an abomination. No Chrsitian would support something that goes contrary to God's revelation of holiness.

If you think homosexuality is okay, you are going against what God has said in His Word. That is Christianity 101.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I will only be praying for its failure. For elementary students only, I would probably agree. But don't most schools start sex ed these days in middle school? I had my first sex ed class in sixth grade. If we are going to teach sex ed, we need to give Full story. Pretending something doesn't exist doesn't make it so...

Byron, are you going to engage with us on this topic or not? I will respond to your reply, but only if you promise not to run off when we get down to the hard questions.

I am not going to discuss homosexuality and if it is right or wrong. I decided from that last discussion I participated in on the subject (the one about the Methodist church) that its a waste of time. Everyone already has their mind made up. And there is no nudging it either way.

What I posted above has no bearing on the rightness or wrongness of homosexuality. I just have my opinion about the bill in Tennessee.

Hey Byron, I want to share something with you. My train broke down this morning on the way to work, THREE times. It meant that a one hour journey took three hours. I had plenty of prayer time up my sleeve, and I prayed for you. I want you to know that I've been in your shoes. Infact, a few years back, you could have substituted 'Byron A' for '~andy~' (my old username) and our threads would have read almost identical.

I've banged my head against a brick wall because I loved the Lord but so many of the Christians around me disagreed with me. It drove me absolutely bonkers, and it became exhausting to disagree with so many people so often. I understand that being the odd one out can be exhausting and challenging. Back then, it was difficult to see why they disagreed with me, and sometimes to see the grace and love in them because of our frequent (and I really do mean frequent!) disagreements. There was a time when I considered the label 'fundie' to be derogatory :whistling: .

The Lord has been so gracious, and as I have grown in Him I have found my position on many topics (evolution / homosexuals, etc) has changed. I honestly did't think it would, I thought my liberal interpretation was right, but I was wrong. Dead wrong! I came to realise that my liberal interpretations came at the cost of my ability to read and interpret the Word for what it said :b: . I'm not saying I now have perfect understanding, because I don't, but I have given away many of my liberal ideals for more biblically sound ones.

I'm only telling you this because as a result of my journey, I have a soft spot for those that I see trapped in what I consider to be liberal thinking. It was recent enough for me to remember the frustration, pain and exhaustion. I hope you stick around with us and fellowship with us, find agreement with us on the important issues, and grow in your knowledge and understanding of the Word while you are here. Worthy-ites really are a lovely bunch of coconuts :wub: .

God bless,

Candice

I am not going anywhere. :)

I do not get frustrated with others who disagree with me. I grew up as a fundamentalist (with the exception of being a Messianic Unitarian (NOT Unitarian Universalist), but I had all the same values. anti-gay, anti-evolution, support Israel right or wrong, etc.), so I know where they are coming from. I just happen to disagree.

I have just chosen to avoid the arguments that cause division. If God wants to change my mind on some issue, then He will do so. :)

Huh what? What are your current feelings towards Israel?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Luke 6

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The Full Story? Then you would have to include Zoophilia (bestiality) and Necrophilia to name just two.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The Full Story? Then you would have to include Zoophilia (bestiality) and Necrophilia to name just two.

My only thoughts on all of this is the use of the word "gay". I knew a girl with the name of Gay. The word meant a whole lot more than it does today. One was gay if they were happy. The sunny warmth made one feel gay.

WHAT has happened that we so easily succumbed up the change in the use and name off "GAY" to mean something so much less than it should? Where have we the Christians been?? I can not even answer that as a teacher during those times. I am frustrated!! Actually a whole lot is really WRONG!! But I know this is to be but I DON'T LIKE IT!!

Guest LadyC

i had a cousin whose name was once gay. when she was a teenager, she convinced her parents to get her name legally changed to something else, because at the time, homosexuality was just starting to be associated with the name, and it was causing her so much grief.