LeonaS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Camping now asserts that it was a "mathmatical error" when he came up with 5/21/11 as the day of the Rapture. His new date is 10/21/11 (assuming he got some new batteries for his calculator). His radio broadcasts will now consist only of Christian music and programming (what was it before?), because his message has already been given to the people.

Okay then.

If it means Camping will not be offering his false prophecies anymore, then it is truly a blessing from God! :amen:

(Forgot to cite: from an AP report on Yahoo)

Edited by LeonaS

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  2

I haven't been following this really cause, well, the reason is obvious. :laugh:

But hasn't anyone pointed out scripture to him that no man knows the day and time ? If so, what was his response ?

And when his new calculation date rolls around, I wonder what his new excuse is gonna be.

"Lucy, you got some splaining to do !"

Oh it just now hit me why he's doing this !! He just wanted to be in the show !!!

:24::24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Its amazing the number of people that are discussing this online and at Walmart in line. It has been a wonderful opportunity to share some eschatology with the curious. But, one of the natural questions the Harold Camping blip on the radar creates....is....this guy....ignorant.....a heretic.....clumsy with hie exposition.....or a false prophet with greedy intent?

Guest Butero

Camping now asserts that it was a "mathmatical error" when he came up with 5/21/11 as the day of the Rapture. His new date is 10/21/11 (assuming he got some new batteries for his calculator). His radio broadcasts will now consist only of Christian music and programming (what was it before?), because his message has already been given to the people.

Okay then.

If it means Camping will not be offering his false prophecies anymore, then it is truly a blessing from God! :amen:

(Forgot to cite: from an AP report on Yahoo)

I was listening to Family Radio's short wave broadcast over the weekend, and it was a combination of Christian music and programming. The programming included talk about 5/21/11 being judgement day. It makes sense he would change judgement day to 10/21/11, because he was originally claiming that would be the final end of the world. If that date fails, it is unlikely he will be able to come up with another credible date, and excuse for messing up? I don't know why anyone would stick their neck out like this, when scripture plainly tells us that no man knows the day or hour of the Lord's return? :noidea:

Guest Butero

Its amazing the number of people that are discussing this online and at Walmart in line. It has been a wonderful opportunity to share some eschatology with the curious. But, one of the natural questions the Harold Camping blip on the radar creates....is....this guy....ignorant.....a heretic.....clumsy with hie exposition.....or a false prophet with greedy intent?

I agree. I have had chances to talk to people all over the place about the Lord's return, thanks to Harold Camping. He isn't really a prophet, because he doesn't claim his prediction comes from a direct word from God. He claims it is nothing more than mathmatical calculations based on dates. It is just an educated, or perhaps more appropriately, an ignorant guess, as to when Jesus will return? You can come up with dates based on all kinds of things. Years ago, I had done a calculation based on an old Roman calendar, and if I was to base it on that, the end would be in 2036. These are nothing more than guesses, and we shouldn't be telling people that we know those dates will bring about the return of the Lord. Just be watching and ready at all times, and then he won't come as a surprise to us.

Guest Butero

The christian community needs to come together as a whole and condemn what this man is doing.

What good will that do? His hard core followers will believe he made a mathematicaly error and will be waiting for 5 more months. The rest of the Christian Church will write him off, not only because he has now made 2 false predictions, but because they know the Bible says no man knows the day or the hour of the Lord's return. I wonder who would still send financial support to Family Radio? :noidea: The only thing it will take to stop him is to cut off his money. What we need to do is keep preaching the truth, that the Bible tells us Jesus will return one day, but he doesn't tell us when. As such, there is no need to worry about Harold Camping's predictions.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

The christian community needs to come together as a whole and condemn what this man is doing.

No, those that name the name of Christ just need to begin to live the life they say they are living!

What good will that do? His hard core followers will believe he made a mathematicaly error and will be waiting for 5 more months. The rest of the Christian Church will write him off, not only because he has now made 2 false predictions, but because they know the Bible says no man knows the day or the hour of the Lord's return. I wonder who would still send financial support to Family Radio? :noidea: The only thing it will take to stop him is to cut off his money. What we need to do is keep preaching the truth, that the Bible tells us Jesus will return one day, but he doesn't tell us when. As such, there is no need to worry about Harold Camping's predictions.

Paul thought it important enough to give it a mention.

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

Just because we know who Harold Camping is, doesn't mean everybody does.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

....is....this guy....ignorant.....a heretic.....clumsy with hie exposition.....or a false prophet with greedy intent?

Yes.

Blessings!

-Ed