Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

How could the rest of the universe think God was a Just God if he judges the angels that rebelled against him if he does the judging himself. he needs a third party jury that can pass a fair judgement on the bunch. If he had just made us to follow him, it would not really be any better than passing judgement himself.

I have a bit of a problem with the idea that God cannot justly judge, He is judge of everything. Why would He need a third party jury for anything? Psalms 50 is a good read about God being judge. And yes according to 1 Cor. 6 we will judge but the whole chapter is about how people are judging apart from His law so if we are to judge then we are to do so by His laws, so should we not know the laws we are to judge by? How can we be fair in our judgments if we do not know what that judgment is based on? Sorry for taking it off topic!

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK - I think the fate of the Garden of Eden and the two trees are all speculative. :online2long:

OK - I think the fate of the Garden of Eden and the two trees are all speculative. :online2long:

:24: :24: :24:

:thumbsup:

Thus saith the LORD,

Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,

neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD

which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth:

for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 9:23-24

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yep. I was somewhere else at the time, so I can't comment :whistling:

(Where? Part of God's plan that had not yet come to pass. Oh I hope I have not disappointed Him....)

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I think part of the clue as to the overall intention in the Fathers heart lies in determining from when .....was Jesus promised, was it prior to sin entering the world, or was it as a consequence of sin entering the world....check out some Scriptures.

1Pe 1:17 And if you call on the Father, who without respect of persons judges according to the work of each one, pass the time of your earthly residence in fear,

1Pe 1:18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, silver or gold, from your vain manner of life handed down from your fathers,

1Pe 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot;

1Pe 1:20 indeed having been foreknown before the foundation of the world, but revealed in the last times for you,

1Pe 1:21 those believing in God through Him, He who raised Him up from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope might be in God.

:wub:

Excellent Smithers. :laugh:

It makes you realise that when you foul things up, sin and make mistakes, G-d has already provided the salve to heal the wound, because there is indeed a balm in Gilead. It is an awesome revelation of the love of G-d to us through the on-going effective work of redemption through the blood of the Lamb....and re-iterates that He is the Author and Finisher of our faith.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Yes Neb, but IMO you'd be surprised at the huge mountains of truth and revelation you come across as you take tentative steps down the path of righteous speculation....I think much of the way we use our brain when trying to unravel the word of G-d involves a degree of speculation that the Spirit re-directs and from which He establishes/exposes truths that we consume and become part of us. :cowboy:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

I think part of the clue as to the overall intention in the Fathers heart lies in determining from when .....was Jesus promised, was it prior to sin entering the world, or was it as a consequence of sin entering the world....check out some Scriptures.

1Pe 1:17 And if you call on the Father, who without respect of persons judges according to the work of each one, pass the time of your earthly residence in fear,

1Pe 1:18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, silver or gold, from your vain manner of life handed down from your fathers,

1Pe 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot;

1Pe 1:20 indeed having been foreknown before the foundation of the world, but revealed in the last times for you,

1Pe 1:21 those believing in God through Him, He who raised Him up from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope might be in God.

:wub:

Excellent Smithers. :laugh:

It makes you realise that when you foul things up, sin and make mistakes, G-d has already provided the salve to heal the wound, because there is indeed a balm in Gilead. It is an awesome revelation of the love of G-d to us through the on-going effective work of redemption through the blood of the Lamb....and re-iterates that He is the Author and Finisher of our faith.

Indeed, the solution was planned before the problem even manifest itself, praise God :wub:. Before we called, He answered (Isaiah, somewhere?)

It makes you realise that when you foul things up, sin and make mistakes, G-d has already provided the salve to heal the wound, because there is indeed a balm in Gilead.

Did you know that lymphocytes (B-cells and T-cells) are each specific to a certain antigen (macromolecules that elicit an immune response in the body - i.e. virus, bacteria), but they are made before the cell ever encounters an antigen?

Precursor T-cells themselves are actually produced in utero and infancy.

What you said reminds me of this.

Yes Neb, but IMO you'd be surprised at the huge mountains of truth and revelation you come across as you take tentative steps down the path of righteous speculation....I think much of the way we use our brain when trying to unravel the word of G-d involves a degree of speculation that the Spirit re-directs and from which He establishes/exposes truths that we consume and become part of us. :cowboy:

True, but it would be more beneficial if people would say, "I believe" or "I suspect" or the like rather than, "This is what happened."

It's a pet peeve I've developed in my study of science. More scientists and science teachers should teach, "It is believed that," rather than, "It is," because most of what we "know" is confirmed hypothesis rather than cold hard "proven truth," and almost anything we believe as the way it is can be found incorrect with the right experiment of discovery.

(But that's a rabbit trail from this discussion; just pointing out a principle.)

It makes you realise that when you foul things up, sin and make mistakes, G-d has already provided the salve to heal the wound, because there is indeed a balm in Gilead.

Did you know that lymphocytes (B-cells and T-cells) are each specific to a certain antigen (macromolecules that elicit an immune response in the body - i.e. virus, bacteria), but they are made before the cell ever encounters an antigen?

Precursor T-cells themselves are actually produced in utero and infancy.

What you said reminds me of this.

Smartypants

Anatomy and physiology lab instructor. :26: