• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

on prophets, seers and modern-day 'prophets'

Hebrews 1: "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,

whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

The Book is complete. We have been given the Word and the Spirit, that is all we need.

The Spirit, the Spirit, the Spirit... The Word and the Spirit. God is a spirit and those who worship, in Spirit and Truth. Thy Word is Truth, I (JC) am the way and the truth.

This is why it is paramount to turn from the myrid of diversions and destractions offered by the Babylon World System, that you might attend to the things of the Lord without destraction. Treasuring the things of God above all else.

Not having itchy ears, greedy for some new thing, plausable speculations, vain philosophy and science so-called after the rudiments of the world.

Television seductions and allurements, pop-culture values and ethics.

To attend to the things of God without distraction, ecclessia, for friendship with the world is enmity with God and all that is not of faith, is sin.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the ways of the Ungodly. Seperate, Holy, Pecular. The Called-Out ones. Called-Out of what? -called out of the World.

---

Hurricanes during hurricane season?

Tornados during tornado season?

Earthquakes! Volcanos! Plague and pestalince on planet earth!

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

Yup. You can bet that every major world history event had some preacher equating it with the wrath of God for those piticular transgrssions of that piticular age.

The earth will wax old as doth a garment, and things will go from bad to worse.

But put all that outward fear and chaos aside, and rest in your free gift of blessed assurance and devine providance. The hedge God has placed about his own, the angels that bear you up, the promise of peace with God thru the world of the cross, enabling us to go boldly before the throne of grace, empowered by the indwelling Holy Spirit, with a confident upright heart, claiming the promises and blessings of a faithful obediance to keeping the commandments.

Ha!

(sorry so wordly long)

Brother Botanist, I have to disagree with your assessment on prophets of today. Yes we have the Holy Spirit to teach & guide us. Jesus also set offices to instruct the saints til we become a mature, perfect man. One of those offices is prophet. See Ephesians 4:11-14. We shall know by the fruit evident in the lives of these individuals whether they be of God or not.

Speaking of which, do you know anything about David Wilkerson? Maybe you should check out his fruit before you go 'badmouthing' about prophets.

Since Jesus set the ministries in place, I think we should be careful what we say about His prophets.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Yes, I agree. Look at all the tornadoes we've had this year.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Botanist, my brother, I apologize for my attitude in my reply to your post. Being exhausted from travel & work was no excuse for how I phrased part of my reply. I do believe that God still uses prophecy today & that we will see it more often as the world chaos increases. We must keep our ears open to the Spirit & what He has to say.

Matthitjah, I was edified by this prophecy because it shows me that our God is willing to give us timely warnings (& assurances) & that reinforces the peace I have in knowing He is always watching over us.

I am always edified by the obedience of persons used by God in the office of prophet . I thank God for their obedience in this area.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Dear sister,

What do you do with scripture like this?

Ro 11:4

But what says the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Ro 11:5

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Or this;

Re 2:22

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Re 2:23

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he who searches the minds and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

:noidea:

Peace,

Dave

Dear sister,
No offence taken :21:

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

1 Cor. 15:3-4 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

1 John 2: 1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Hebrews 10: 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

I believe Jesus died for the sins of the whole world and God is not judging us unless Christs sacrifice was insufficient. I personally feel America is being cursed for our disobedience. Unless you feel we are in the tribulations?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  1

on prophets, seers and modern-day 'prophets'

Hebrews 1: "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,

whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

The Book is complete. We have been given the Word and the Spirit, that is all we need.

The Spirit, the Spirit, the Spirit... The Word and the Spirit. God is a spirit and those who worship, in Spirit and Truth. Thy Word is Truth, I (JC) am the way and the truth.

This is why it is paramount to turn from the myrid of diversions and destractions offered by the Babylon World System, that you might attend to the things of the Lord without destraction. Treasuring the things of God above all else.

Not having itchy ears, greedy for some new thing, plausable speculations, vain philosophy and science so-called after the rudiments of the world.

Television seductions and allurements, pop-culture values and ethics.

To attend to the things of God without distraction, ecclessia, for friendship with the world is enmity with God and all that is not of faith, is sin.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the ways of the Ungodly. Seperate, Holy, Pecular. The Called-Out ones. Called-Out of what? -called out of the World.

---

Hurricanes during hurricane season?

Tornados during tornado season?

Earthquakes! Volcanos! Plague and pestalince on planet earth!

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

Yup. You can bet that every major world history event had some preacher equating it with the wrath of God for those piticular transgrssions of that piticular age.

The earth will wax old as doth a garment, and things will go from bad to worse.

But put all that outward fear and chaos aside, and rest in your free gift of blessed assurance and devine providance. The hedge God has placed about his own, the angels that bear you up, the promise of peace with God thru the world of the cross, enabling us to go boldly before the throne of grace, empowered by the indwelling Holy Spirit, with a confident upright heart, claiming the promises and blessings of a faithful obediance to keeping the commandments.

Ha!

(sorry so wordly long)

I agree with this..I believe that all this "new" prophesy is nothing short of fortune-telling. Prophesy spoken about in the NT is a gift which should be in operation when believers gather. It is a word given by the Holy Spirit to one who has the gift to speak out so all the other believers are edified. The prophets of old "fortold" todays prophets "tell-forth"

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I believe Jesus died for the sins of the whole world and God is not judging us unless Christs sacrifice was insufficient. I personally feel America is being cursed for our disobedience. Unless you feel we are in the tribulations?

What about the 5 churches in Rev. 2-3 whom Jesus rebuked? He said if they did not repent they would suffer consequences from His hand - "I will remove your lampstand, "I will fight against [those who hold the false teaching] with the sword of My mouth," "I will strike [the false prophetess'] churches dead," "I will come to you like a thief," "I will spew you out of My mouth." How do you reconcile these with what you have said?

What about the 5 churches in Rev. 2-3 whom Jesus rebuked? He said if they did not repent they would suffer consequences from His hand - "I will remove your lampstand, "I will fight against [those who hold the false teaching] with the sword of My mouth," "I will strike [the false prophetess'] churches dead," "I will come to you like a thief," "I will spew you out of My mouth." How do you reconcile these with what you have said?

I believe these things will happen on the Day of the Lord. God is warning us to repent or we will not see heaven. If you read further

Rev 2: 7, 11 God talks about tree of life and second death all these will happen at the second coming.

Revelation 2:16 Sword of My mouth, I believe second coming

Revelation 2:17 The meaning of white stone in my NIV study bible says

I believe these things will happen on the Day of the Lord. . . .

If this is so, then who were the churches Jesus spoke these things to?

The cities those churches belonged to no longer exist.

Rev 2: 7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

I believe the warning to the churches then apply to the churches of today. The church of Laodicea seems like a lot of churches today. Or it could be my imagination.

Rev 2: 7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

I believe the warning to the churches then apply to the churches of today. The church of Laodicea seems like a lot of churches today. Or it could be my imagination.

So, when He told the church in Ephesus He would remove their lampstand, He was not referring to them?