• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

Act 10:44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.

Act 10:45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles.

Act 10:46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared,

Act 10:47 "Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?"

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days.

As I prepare for my transition from this life into the eternal life, my greatest joy is to see the interest in the Holy Spirit. My daughter says that I type in a very large font, and that is true because the cataracts in my eyes play tricks with my vision and yet I am a blessed man. As we can clearly see from the passage in Acts 10, when a man, woman or child is saved, they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

The day I was saved was the first truly happy day of my life and I knew right then that I never wanted to lose that joy. Now, I know that I am a rather strange person because I joined the Army instead of being drafted and since my personal hero, my stepfather, was a War Hero, I wanted to be just like Him and that was during the period when everyone grumbled about the required two years of military service and I happily signed up for a three year contract and two years and three months into it I extended with a new contract for six years from that date to insure I would serve overseas, in Europe.

Even after I became disheartened with the Military I served two more years and set the example for men to follow. I had made a contract and contracts are to be followed, especially by a Christian. As I see it, two things happen at Salvation that completely change the Christians life. First of all, before you are Baptized, you are over come by the Holy Spirit. Your very being is indwelt with and by the Holy Spirit making the Baptism the first Christian Ordinance you should follow because it is an action by you for the community surrounding you to see. It is nothing more than an ordinance that you demonstrate your obedience to your new Master with.

The second change should be that you have submitted yourself to the leading of the Spirit of God. It is not usually written on paper, in this realm, for us to see, I wish it was, but you have made a contract with God! You have not only become a citizen of Heaven but you have joined the Army of God! You have a Local Commander, the Holy Spirit, and a Supreme Commander, God the Father. The usual thing for a New Christian to do is to go AWOL, Absent With Out Leave! This happens when you quench the Holy Spirit.

Unlike the Army of the US, when you go AWOL during a war, you are not sentenced to death when you return. The moment you become or became a Christian you were and are at war with the forces of evil in this world. But God is the God of New Beginnings and the moment you turn back, repent, you are forgiven and reinstated to your position in the Kingdom and the Army.

My prayer is that this message reaches out and restores as well as attracts new Christian Soldiers.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Good thoughts Bill. That seems to be the essence of salvation, which is our starting point for Heaven ---the new birth, worship, learning about God and His ways, our hope and blessings, church truth, spiritual life, etc. I see that the Christian life should include Redemption way, Church truth, and Spiritual life, and the Lord Jesus Christ is the object in all (John 14:6).

- Seriousseeker

Edited by Seriousseeker

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  69
  • Birthday:  12/15/1952

Calling the Holy Spirit our 'local commander' is a good analogy. I like it :-) I too experience a lot of joy in the Holy Spirit and never want to lose Him. Sometimes I think of him as the gas in our spiritual gas tanks, too, since it's He that helps us do what we should.

Calling the Holy Spirit our 'local commander' is a good analogy. I like it :-) I too experience a lot of joy in the Holy Spirit and never want to lose Him. Sometimes I think of him as the gas in our spiritual gas tanks, too, since it's He that helps us do what we should.

That is also a very good analogy for without God we can do nothing good!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Unlike the Army of the US, when you go AWOL during a war, you are not sentenced to death when you return. The moment you become or became a Christian you were and are at war with the forces of evil in this world. But God is the God of New Beginnings and the moment you turn back, repent, you are forgiven and reinstated to your position in the Kingdom and the Army.

My prayer is that this message reaches out and restores as well as attracts new Christian Soldiers.

:thumbsup:

2Timothy 2:1 You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 3 Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier. 5 Also if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules. 6 The hard-working farmer ought to be the first to receive his share of the crops. 7 Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  70

Sian, you need not worry about losing the Holy Spirit, for a true believer in Christ is "sealed" and indwelt by the Spirit, and also "born again". We thus cannot become unborn, right?

- Seriousseeker

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You have to be certain that you even have the Holy Spirit. Read the accounts in Acts. What happened to those on Pentecost ? They received a clear sign that they had received.

Don't blame me if you end up in the wrong place on judgment day.

You have to be certain that you even have the Holy Spirit. Read the accounts in Acts. What happened to those on Pentecost ? They received a clear sign that they had received.

Don't blame me if you end up in the wrong place on judgment day.

Neighbor, after that remark you are in serious need of a Spiritual Inventory!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  69
  • Birthday:  12/15/1952

Sian, you need not worry about losing the Holy Spirit, for a true believer in Christ is "sealed" and indwelt by the Spirit, and also "born again". We thus cannot become unborn, right?

- Seriousseeker

No, we cannot become unborn and I don't believe He ever leaves us willingly. But is we choose to not follow or to ignore I think He stands back. That is what I worry about, my own commitment. O,Lord keep me strong!

"Prone to wander, Lord,I feel it,

Prone to leave the God I love;

Here's my heart, Lord,

Take and seal it,

Seal it for Thy courts above.... "