• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

The other day I was listening to some music. As I did I realized how much that song and that band influenced me, in a positive way

I was listing to DC Talk, "That Kinda Girl" and I realized it influenced the kind of girl I looked for and eventually married!

Many DC Talk songs through the years influenced me in the same way.

"Jesus Freak" taught me to be bold In Christ.

"In the Light" taught me to shine for him.

"What if I Stumble" taught me to get up after a fall.

"Between you and me" to clear issues with friends.

The NewsBoys had a big influence as well.

"Entertaining Angels" Reminds me to always remember that I need to always remember God. at all times.

"Real Good Thing" Made me think of His grace.

"When you called my Name" makes me realize that no matter what goes on in ministry to push through.

"Beautiful Sound" Reminds me to have a fresh walk with the Lord, even though I have been with him for years.

Also a little known artist, who actually helped write a lot of the newsboys songs, Steve Taylor was one of my earliest influences

"Hero" Taught me to look at the Lord to be my hero, not comic books, not any man, but Jesus.

"To Forgive" well as the title says, to forgive.

"Principled Man" Well.. again..... to be a Principled man, to stand my ground when others run.

These are just a few, so what are yours?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

It has been too many years to remember what the names of the songs are, but the first works of John Michael Talbot influenced my walk with Christ. It is too bad they are not found anywhere. Even writing JMT brought zero results.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

It has been too many years to remember what the names of the songs are, but the first works of John Michael Talbot influenced my walk with Christ. It is too bad they are not found anywhere. Even writing JMT brought zero results.

There are several John Michael Talbot videos on godtube.com check there.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1952

A lot of John Michael Talbot CDs are available here:

http://www.troubadourforthelord.net/category.sc;jsessionid=0D0F30682EE05CA25CDE43148B610D3F.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=5

He is also on Facebook and writes some inspirational posts.

The songs that have influenced me are way way too many to number! Maranatha Music published some, The St.Louis Jesuits did some, the community in Ann Arbor Michigan (I wish theirs was available on CD, I've looked everywhere), JMT, Carey Landry, and on and on. I've spent a lot of time searching for my favorite songs and now have an ipod full :-) Music is very important to me!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I am afraid that the songs and videos are newer then the music I speak of. His music was from the early to mid 70's, before he joined the RCC and became a monk. He use to make some great music back then that focuses on Christ, not the RCC or the many saints. His music changed a lot when he changed.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

These are songs that helped me through my hard times:

"His love Was Reaching" by David Meece ... When I thought I had nothing but I had so much . . . His love was reaching, an invisible hand pulling me through

"Desert Rose" by White Heart ... encouraging a lonely Christian separated from Christian support to be strengthened in the Lord

"Life With a Meaning" - no idea who wrote it, but we sung it in church. Faith in the midst of doubt . . . just knowing in desperate times that we're not alone, Lord I thank You

"Peace Be Still" by Al Denson ... Peace be still, the Father loves you

"Road to Zion" by Petra ... Sometimes it's good to look back down, we've come so far, we've gained such ground. But joy is not in where we've been, joy is Who's waiting at the end

"You Never Change" by Harvest ... Dealing with discouragement in the faith, mishearing God, misunderstanding His direction, etc, holding on to despite it all, "You never change"

"I Am Your Father" by Harvest - like sitting in Father God's lap and letting Him hold you through the hurtful times.

"Carry On (I Am the Lord)" by Harvest - Let Me heal your wounded heart, let Me open up your eyes, let Me show you all the love I long to give to you tonight, let Me give you courage and the strength to carry on, I am the Lord

These songs have kept me on my spiritual toes:

Keith Green - "If You Love the Lord," "Make My life a Prayer to You," "Sheep and the Goats," "To Obey Is Better than Sacrifice," etc.

Harvest - "All That Is In Me," "Only the Overcomers," "The Blood of the Lamb," "Run the Race," etc.

Steve camp - "Cheap Grace," "Foolish Things," "Don't Tell Them Jesus Loves Them (Till You're Ready to Love Them Too)," etc.

"Lost the Plot" by the Newsboys ... based off of "You have lost your first love"