IGNORED

Mathew 24

Guest yod

Guest tarrier

Hi All

I'm getting really confused as to who Mat 24 is directed at.  Some say it's written for the Jews, and some say it's in the Bible, so it's for all and relates to all in the end times.  Our church leans to the Mat 24 being for the Jews only, but I just can't 'see' that.  

I"d really like to hear your thoughts on this.  Thanks so much

Tarrier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Tarrier,

You ask:

I'm getting really confused as to who Mat 24 is directed at.  Some say it's written for the Jews, and some say it's in the Bible, so it's for all and relates to all in the end times.  Our church leans to the Mat 24 being for the Jews only, but I just can't 'see' that.  

I"d really like to hear your thoughts on this.

I believe YOU are on the right track. If the pre-trib rapture doctrine IS correct, then Mt. 24 must be seen as ONLY applying to the Jews because of the order of events given. i.e.:

We first see the "great tribulation", then:

Matt 24:30-31 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Since the pre-trib rapture doctrine is aimed at "escaping" the "great tribulation", then certainly the "rapture" which is described above CANNOT happen AFTER it.

Please do yourself a very big favor and get the New Testament wholly under your belt. Make your own cross references as you come across them. A good Bible computor program really helps. Do "word" studies of questionable words using a good concordance (Strong's?) and look at the original Greek or Hebrew, depending on which covenant you are studing. If you can, get a Greek and Hebrew search engine so that you can look at all the verses which have a particular Gr. or Heb. word contained therein. Make sure you look at the smallest context FIRST, working yourself up to the LARGER context of the Whole Bible.

You are off to a good start by questioning what you are hearing. The Lord tells us:

Luke 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

And as an example of this we look to the Bereans who "searched the scriptures":

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

We should ALWAYS be on the lookout for wolves in sheeps clothing, but by being good Bereans, and searching the scriptures daily, we will be able to "hear" what the Spirit is saying to the church, even though we must always reckon for:

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Tarrier,

I know that not all people agree with me, I believe its for all of us to read, but its written expecially for Israel.

What do you think?

God Bless,Angels

: :rofl:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi there,

It's written for Jews and Gentiles alike!

:cool2:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I believe it is very clear who he was speaking to.

In the various Gospels there are descriptions of what he was doing prior and to whom he was speaking.

He had just left the temple where he lambasted the religious order of the day. Then his diciples asked him the relevant questions to trigger his response. He was alone with a small group of them.

This would apply to all believers in Christ be they Jewish or Gentile. For he knew the Gospel would be written and these things imparted.

Peace :inlove: Amen

Guest FishMan

Right on Luke.

Why would an uncoverted Jew living during the time of the coming abomination of desolation think to look at Matthew 24 for advice on what to at that point?

"Oh, I see! I think I need to look at Matthew 24 in the Christian Bible to see what I should do even though I don't believe a word of it. Ahh, it says if I am in Judea to flee! Oh, thank you Jesus, the Jesus I do not believe in, for telling me what to do in this horrible situation!"

Yeah, I can just see a ton of Jews doing this...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

You're right Fishman, I never thought of it being used like that but you are right!!

Therefore its written for everybody but most of all for the Jews!

:cool2: Angels

Hello Tarrier,

I had started a thread with the same title long ago in which I presented Matthew 24 in a historical perspective with parts of Josephus' writings.

Heres a link to the thread if you are interested - Matthew 24

Peace,

BlindSeeker

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Give me a break shadow2b, please reread my post.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie