~candice~

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I personally believe trying to figure everything out is a waste of time, would it be pertinent knowledge anyways? Maybe have your vocation that puts enough worldly knowledge in your mind as it is and prune the the rest... 2Co_10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; Obviously this thread is not against God, but maybe why do we need to know this? Pro_27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

1Co_3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co_3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1Co_3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Trying to figure things out is a human characteristic without which we would not have all the technological advances that have made our lives better and that had made it possible for many of us to live at all. Who is to decide what is pertinent - you? a conference of Bible scholars? the government? On one end of the secular scale there are those who would have everything that is not materialistic purged from society. On the other end are those who say that only religious matters are important. Since God IS the creator His intricate works of genius are worth exploring. When the writers of the Bible talk about the "wisdom of this world" they usually mean the philosophy, outlook, perceptions people have that are unreal distorted or outright lies - not the knowledge of the universe which God Himself made

I personally believe trying to figure everything out is a waste of time, would it be pertinent knowledge anyways? Maybe have your vocation that puts enough worldly knowledge in your mind as it is and prune the the rest... 2Co_10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; Obviously this thread is not against God, but maybe why do we need to know this? Pro_27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

1Co_3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co_3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1Co_3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

• Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Explain more about what you mean by telescoping

*** disclaimer, I believe Genesis is literal, but with telescoping I think it happened quite some time ago

OK so I've been thinking. We are quick to point out that it's not just humans affected by the fall, but all of creation. So things are not as He designed it, death disease decay etc. So I'm curious. He commanded animals to procreate after their own kind. What is to say that this command has not been violated since the fall? Perhaps speciation is another departure from His intended but thwarted design.

Now if we consider that is possible, and that sufficient time has passed, then is there really anything wrong (contradictory) with observing speciation in fossil records etc?

Just curious cool.gif

Part B of my musings to come...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

When I was a little kid I use to think since God was so Holy you couldn't look at him or you would surely die that maybe the Earth was kind of the same way. I figured maybe he used dinos as tools to build the Earth with fertilizing it and ect. Then when He made Adam and Eve he killed them off since there purpose was done and knowing they couldn't live with us on this world. Could you imagine getting ready for work and BOOM a t-Rex foot in your kitchen? Whatever the case it is I put that kind of question on the shelf with the other to be answered later questions. I know I'm no help but hey as a kid you got to admit that was a good thought lol.

Guest Ashnola

*** disclaimer, I believe Genesis is literal, but with telescoping I think it happened quite some time ago

OK so I've been thinking. We are quick to point out that it's not just humans affected by the fall, but all of creation. So things are not as He designed it, death disease decay etc. So I'm curious. He commanded animals to procreate after their own kind. What is to say that this command has not been violated since the fall? Perhaps speciation is another departure from His intended but thwarted design.

Now if we consider that is possible, and that sufficient time has passed, then is there really anything wrong (contradictory) with observing speciation in fossil records etc?

Just curious cool.gif

I personally believe in a literal six-day creation and I do not believe the earth is millions of years old. Some scientists have said that the speed of light is not constant and was much, much faster at time zero. They have done laboratory tests proving that the speed of light can change (speed up or slow down). The bible also says 17 times that God stretched out the heavens. This may account for the red shift we see, which is an indication that stellar bodies are moving away from us. There is also a lot of evidence out there suggesting the earth cannot be millions of years old. I can list many reasons why, but that’s not the point of this thread. I suggest you check out John Mackay’s website: http://www.creationresearch.net.

There is nothing in scripture that supports animals procreating outside of their own “kind”. In fact the bible clearly states they reproduced after their own kind. We have to remember that man’s definition of species is not the same as the biblical definition of “kind”. It is very likely that a horse and zebra came from a common ancestor, probably looked alot like a horse. We have something like 400 different breeds of dogs, but they are all the same “kind” – a dog! Keep in mind that most of these breeds came about in the last 300 years. One should note the vast array of differences within the dog kind. God has created variation within the gene code to adapt to a wide variety of circumstances. There is no evidence of macro evolution. What we have is scientists putting their own interpretation on the bones they find and they don’t all agree. You have to have believe (have faith) that these changes occured over millions of years.

When everything was created God said it was “good”, so we have to assume it was perfect. Man had not fallen and there was no sin or death in the world. The bible also says in Gen 1:31 that God gave every green herb for meat to every beast of the earth, so there was no meat eating at that point. When man did fall, the bible says nothing about meat eating – Gen 3:14-24. In Gen 9:3, God told Noah he could eat meat, likely because there was very little vegetation on the earth after the flood. It was at this point that the animals became fearful of man. This may also have been the point at which some animals became carnivorous; however, we don't know for sure.

As far as venom/poison goes, there is evidence that a stronger magnetic field would nullify the effects of venom. It is a proven fact that the earth’s magnetic field is weakening at a fairly fast pace (another reason to believe the earth is much less than millions of years old). We can’t assume the conditions today are the same as they were 4,000 or 6,000 years ago. Regarding animals that appear to be built as carnivores, there are many animals that appear carnivore-like (teeth, claws, etc.), but are in fact herbivores or omnivores. Many would consider the grizzly bear to be built to be a carnivore, but in fact the vast majority of their diet is vegetarian, with the exception of those living near the ocean. It’s funny how evolutionists have no problem imagining a species evolving into another species, but can’t possibly imagine a carnivore adapting to a vegetarian diet. FYI, there was actually a lion held in captivity that refused to eat meat.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Just curious cool.gif

Are you saying they might not have procreated after their own kind or what does speciation mean exactly so I can give a better answer.

Speciation simply means that an organism ceases to be able to procreate fertile offspring from among the population of it origin.

For example, if you had a bunch of livestock, whether it would be cows or pigs or sheep or whatever, if you segrigated a group of them and specially bred them until none of the members of that group could produce fertile offspring with the rest of the population from which they were extracted - that would be an example of speciation.

Personally, I think that horses and donkeys stemmed from a common equine pair of ancestors which emerged from the arc a scant few thousand years ago, and have since lost enough in common genetically because of random mutation and natural selection that they are no longer able to produce fertile offspring. That also is an example of speciation.

Very good explanation. So the mule would be the end of the line. I have also seen examples of horse and zebra offspring, the zorse;I'm not sure if the zorse can reproduce. Its probably in the same boat with the mule.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

-Well of course God knew that Adam and Eve would "Fail" but thats free will. God Sees all and knows all.

-I don't know how many ppl look into this but their is a bill in congress that states (mind you I dont know If its still there because they constantly delete it but If desired I could ask my dad to find it through our saved documents on the computer) the research and development of genetic mutating of animals and humans. Like fantasy animals/humans that you see on movies and throughout Hollywood. Now this is the exact reason why God interfeared and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because this exact thing was going on, along with other "repulsive" things. In the begining it states (Im sure you can easily find the scripture and once I find It I will be sure to edit it) That in the begining animals were not meat eaters yet ate of grass. Just like back with Adam and Eve life not as we know it was perfect with out corruption. But Eve fell for Satain and because of that we are still paying the price for that til this day. I.E the begining of the fall of man.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/18/1965

When I was a little kid I use to think since God was so Holy you couldn't look at him or you would surely die that maybe the Earth was kind of the same way. I figured maybe he used dinos as tools to build the Earth with fertilizing it and ect. Then when He made Adam and Eve he killed them off since there purpose was done and knowing they couldn't live with us on this world. Could you imagine getting ready for work and BOOM a t-Rex foot in your kitchen? Whatever the case it is I put that kind of question on the shelf with the other to be answered later questions. I know I'm no help but hey as a kid you got to admit that was a good thought lol.

A good thought indeed lol

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/24/1986

Just curious cool.gif

I wonder, at this age of logic and science, how are there people accept this myth (evolution)?!!!!