• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What we are unable to do now ... He will perform for us in the eternities! God Strengthen you till then :emot-pray: Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm among the ranks.

Chronic depression and "major depressive episodes".

The Lord's been doing a lot of healing in my life, though. Not out of the woods yet, but I'm grateful for the deliverances so far.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm among the ranks.

The Lord's been doing a lot of healing in my life, though. Not out of the woods yet, but I'm grateful for the deliverances so far.

It is the one's who are thankful for what they have received that God makes ready for more to be given... He gives us love for you Neb! because without our heavenly cloud of dust we would not be able to sneeze (oh!) I mean squeeze through this :thumbsup:. Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I love how He always delivers us from these episodes. He always comes to our rescue. <3

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I love how He always delivers us from these episodes. He always comes to our rescue. <3

Oh - AMEN!!!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Welcome sderic :)

I suffered from depression that went untreated for many years.

Mental health issues should be talked about in our society and society needs to become more aware of what is involved.

Awareness comes through talking about a subject that often frightens people because of their lack of knowledge.

Trust that you enjoy your time on "Worthy".

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Welcome sderic :)

I suffered from depression that went untreated for many years.

Mental health issues should be talked about in our society and society needs to become more aware of what is involved.

Awareness comes through talking about a subject that often frightens people because of their lack of knowledge.

Trust that you enjoy your time on "Worthy".

thank you ncn

I'm among the ranks.

Nice to have the strength and perspective to be able to count your blessings! Praise Him...

What we are unable to do now ... He will perform for us in the eternities! God Strengthen you till then :emot-pray: Love, Steven

Hallelujah!

I just wanted to post this topic to tell anybody here that may have a mental illness that they have a sympathetic ear in me. In today's world I consider mental illness to still be grossly misunderstood and feared unnecessarily. You can talk with me about anything you may think or have experienced and I will promise not to call you weird or make any assumptions about you based on the fact you have a mental illness.

I have bipolar myself and I know that to be a chemical imbalance in the brain. They like to say it's just like diabetes for instance because it is a physical illness, but people with mental illness know that isn't true because mental illness affects your physical perceptions.

If any of you have had negative experiences with people with a mental illness sorry about that but please don't generalize and assume that other people with mental illness are the same way.

So, if you consider yourself to be an intelligent and sensitive believer please don't call somebody weird or make them feel shunned if they choose to allow you the priviledge of hearing their experiences. If you can't handle what they are talking about in your own "normal" head just type "I can't handle what you're talking about it freaks me out" and they will surely have compassion upon you and quit talking about it.

1st off let me say nice to meet you, 2nd im glad to see some one bring up this issue as most people hardly know anything about ment. illness

i've seen mental illness run in my family and it's greatly misunderstood and often the sufferers are the subjects of cruel jokes and actions from other people.

sadly to say sometime the church can make things worse by comments like "well they must be living in sin or they might be possesed" i sure know from personal experience and it aint fun. also the stigma that plagues mental illness patients doesnt help at all. i believe the church needs to get some proper training about this so it can be handled in a more godly way.

i also suffer from p.t.s.d. and bipolar and it is hard, you just have to take it day by day. it's one thing to KNOW ABOUT something but a whole diffrent thing to have actual personal experience cause you live with it.

nice to me you too :)