• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm among the ranks.

Chronic depression and "major depressive episodes".

The Lord's been doing a lot of healing in my life, though. Not out of the woods yet, but I'm grateful for the deliverances so far.

Nice to have the strength and perspective to be able to count your blessings! Praise Him...

It was a long hard road to get to this place. Stress the long, and stress the hard.

The first time I tried to vocalize my thankfullness for the pain of my life (on account of the good fruit it produced - which was not easy to accept for a long, long time) and mean it was the most difficult thing I ever had to vocalize - physically as well as mentally.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I just wanted to post this topic to tell anybody here that may have a mental illness that they have a sympathetic ear in me. In today's world I consider mental illness to still be grossly misunderstood and feared unnecessarily. You can talk with me about anything you may think or have experienced and I will promise not to call you weird or make any assumptions about you based on the fact you have a mental illness.

I have bipolar myself and I know that to be a chemical imbalance in the brain. They like to say it's just like diabetes for instance because it is a physical illness, but people with mental illness know that isn't true because mental illness affects your physical perceptions.

If any of you have had negative experiences with people with a mental illness sorry about that but please don't generalize and assume that other people with mental illness are the same way.

So, if you consider yourself to be an intelligent and sensitive believer please don't call somebody weird or make them feel shunned if they choose to allow you the priviledge of hearing their experiences. If you can't handle what they are talking about in your own "normal" head just type "I can't handle what you're talking about it freaks me out" and they will surely have compassion upon you and quit talking about it.

First, welcome to Worthy.

You will find that there are many here who have issues of some sort and are not treated any different. When you walk with the Lord, you show them love, as He loves them.

Thank you OneLight :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really heartened to see a post like this, where a number of people are supportive.

God loves you all so much. I'm pretty sure your willingness to help makes Him smile.

I, too, know what it is to have such issues.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

i think this topic is right on time for me. i am going through an episode right now, deep deppression and no motivation to go on with pretty much anything. and i have an 8 year old that relies on me and to be completly honest i love him deeply but i cant stand to be around him while im going through this and he doesn't deserve that nor the way i react to his "childish" ways.

so im in need of prayer and to be set free from this mess

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Praying for you j102.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm in the ranks too, with depression, and on the way down.

Praying for you j102.

thanks for praying shal, and im praying for you candice, be encouraged in the lord

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I just wanted to post this topic to tell anybody here that may have a mental illness that they have a sympathetic ear in me. In today's world I consider mental illness to still be grossly misunderstood and feared unnecessarily. You can talk with me about anything you may think or have experienced and I will promise not to call you weird or make any assumptions about you based on the fact you have a mental illness.

I have bipolar myself and I know that to be a chemical imbalance in the brain. They like to say it's just like diabetes for instance because it is a physical illness, but people with mental illness know that isn't true because mental illness affects your physical perceptions.

If any of you have had negative experiences with people with a mental illness sorry about that but please don't generalize and assume that other people with mental illness are the same way.

So, if you consider yourself to be an intelligent and sensitive believer please don't call somebody weird or make them feel shunned if they choose to allow you the priviledge of hearing their experiences. If you can't handle what they are talking about in your own "normal" head just type "I can't handle what you're talking about it freaks me out" and they will surely have compassion upon you and quit talking about it.

Welcome to WB, and I agree with you 100 percent that mental illness is just as real as physical illness. There are a lot of Christians that will attack mental health professionals and tell those who have mental illness that any treatment outside of prayer is wrong, but I consider that nonsense. I am a firm believer in the power of God to heal, but I also believe that God is fine with us seeking out a physician when we are sick.

I'm 100% with you on this, too. And you guys can add me to the list, as I've lived with clinical depression my entire adult life. It's been under control for a while now, thanks to a combination of therapy and medication, and the grace of God. I can't remember how many times I've personally witnessed Christians display disdain at the idea of some if not all mental illness. My "favorite" line was, "We all get sad sometimes, but eventually you just have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get over it." Spoken, of course, by someone who'd never dealt first-hand with depression. Even worse, to me, than this statement was the chorus of agreeing nods from the other Christians who were present. What a shame that so many Christians can be so condescending and dismissive of illnesses that not only dramatically impact the lives of those who have them, but that can and too often do, lead those afflicted with them to take their own lives. It's very sad how unfeeling Christians can be to each other.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:group-hug: j102 and Candice

Blessings

• 1 month later...

Hi again, hoping that this thread would get active again-or if their are other similar threads maybe i can get a heads up.

well i'm trying to get more involved at church but i have alot going against me it seems. i want to get more involved and make friends at church because i have literaly gone years without hardly any social interaction with people of my own race and background that I can honestly relate to. (and on a side note its hard if not next to impossible for me to start new friendships because of what other church people have done to me in the past.) so as you can see im very cautious when it comes to trusting people, and in fact its been my experience that i can trust the unchurched more than the churched and honestly thats a shame. it seems like a catch22 to me. prayers and encouragement appreceated, GOD bless