TerryWS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I recently completed three articles on the issue of same-sex marriage. I posted them on my Facebook account and received a ton of responses, which I integrated into the final, revised versions. I'm only sharing in this forum to make the most of the effort. Hopefully you will find the information useful.

They appear in reverse order at: http://terryshood.blogspot.com/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wow - what a tremendous testimony!

:emot-hug:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I agree with Neb, that is a fantastic testimony!

Thanks. I really appreciate the encouragement. It was tough debating in the wild and I am happy to have a friendly forum like this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kasey777

Terry

A really good article...thought provoking and full of grace.

It is a difficult topic and one where many christian's are not sure where to draw the line, how to help and whether or not they can really make a difference in the regeneration of a soul.

You really made a difference for your friend...an eternal difference.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Haven't gotten to read them all yet, but what I have read has been good! Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...

My articles were centered on what is wrong with gay marriage, but what is the authentic model?

There is a great discussion on this issue on Catholic Answers Live. Go to the following link for ”True vs Gay Marriage" It will appeal to both Catholic and other Christians.

http://www.catholic.com/radio/shows/browse/all/all/Damon%20Owens/2009

For anyone interested in getting involved in the battle to secure the Biblical and traditional view of marriage, I recommend visting and supporting the http://www.nationformarriage.org/ Of the many organizations involved in the fight, they seem most successful in capturing the attention of our civil leadership. I'm making a donation.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Terry,

We don't generally encourage links to Catholic sites, simply because they nearly always find ways to promote Catholicism, and if we allow one in these Forums, it is possible that others will think they can promote links to Catholic sites with impunity which generally go against the aims of this site.

However I have read your articles, and been listening to the link, and in this case I think it is a very informative debate full of love and good answers to hard questions, so I will leave it up as I think the content outweighs some of the personal misgivings I and others have regarding these links...but please do not see this as an endorsement to post further Catholic links....thanks. Botz

By the way, welcome to these Forums. :emot-handshake:

Hi Terry,

We don't generally encourage links to Catholic sites, simply because they nearly always find ways to promote Catholicism, and if we allow one in these Forums, it is possible that others will think they can promote links to Catholic sites with impunity which generally go against the aims of this site.

However I have read your articles, and been listening to the link, and in this case I think it is a very informative debate full of love and good answers to hard questions, so I will leave it up as I think the content outweighs some of the personal misgivings I and others have regarding these links...but please do not see this as an endorsement to post further Catholic links....thanks. Botz

By the way, welcome to these Forums. :emot-handshake:

Thanks Botz. I understand the issues and thank you for keeping my message posted! I actually made an edited version of the audio program that removed the catholic advertisements, but the mp3 file size was oddly bigger than the original file, and unreasonably large to expect someone to download.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  11/05/1959

I recently completed three articles on the issue of same-sex marriage. I posted them on my Facebook account and received a ton of responses, which I integrated into the final, revised versions. I'm only sharing in this forum to make the most of the effort. Hopefully you will find the information useful.

They appear in reverse order at: http://terryshood.blogspot.com/

Just a question, is it the marriage and legalization parts or the same sex, sex part.

I tend to think most people have issues with sex. Homosexuality being one among many. No particular reason to focus on it more then any other.

If it were your problem that's different. You'd have to deal with it in the manner you thought appropriate. If you sought help to deal with it our any sexual issue that would be according to you to decide, not me or someone else.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm just hoping to understand your reasoning better.