Pahu

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Those who say "fighting the good fight" involves taking up arms are guilty of a serious heresy, which has bedevilled the Church down the centuries.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, at least you are admitting that Islam is evil.

Religion is evil, Neb. It is man made, Christianity included. So that is too simplistic. It's like saying 'sinners are evil,' or something, when we know who the enemy is;

the one who seeks, and has found a way to deflect the blame. We allow satan in when we sit down as a group, two or more, thinking we are gathered in His Name, and take a pen,

and attempt to codify the Holy Spirit.

While I agree that organized religion is a problem, I have also discovered the danger of what "being a law unto one's own self" can be.

Human beings in a society do not function without structure. For example, try managing your interns without structure.

And yet religion is how virtually everyone who is called starts out. This is why Jesus reserved His most severe criticism for the church, the gatekeepers.

The only time Jesus criticized "the church" was in Revelation, and in that He spoke with love, grace, and mercy in the process.

Have you forgotten "the greater points of the Law"?

But if you keep trying to claim that the Pharisees and Sadducees were "the church", then I dare you to tell this to your local rabbi and see what he has to say about that.

I am most sure that Islam is not,and will prolly never be our 'problem' precisely because I see that it is satan who is conditioning us to believe that It is.

We have way. way bigger problems than Islam; it is meant to be a distraction. Programming to our lowest desires, the need for an enemy. The fox is pretty obviously in our own henhouse, so to speak; and nevermind Islam;

Any false religion is an enemy to the Cross of Christ.

But as for the US, no one is claiming there is only one problem.

treat It like satan--get behind me--it is Muslims that matter, and they are just people--very warm-hearted people, who look up to us,

at least in my experience--dealing with the same enemy.

I mean, wadr, we have the RCC, lol. Any fingers pointed @ Islam deserve to be lopped off, imo.

Well, lopping off body parts is Sharia law justice, so you might want to reconsider how you phrase this.

And I know many Catholics who are likewise very warm-hearted people. So if you are able to separate people from the religion with Islam, you should likewise separate out the people from the religion with the RCC.

You are stating that Jesus never instructed us to change the world, that we are basically to allow evil to have its way with us.

Ergo, your are by default claiming that Martin Luther King, Jr. was disobeying the commands of God by taking his stand against evil.

You are reading way too much into my writing.  My point is that I am quoting Holy Scripture and you're bringing up a person that is not quoted in Holy Scripture.  To reiterate, the only example every true Christian should be following is the example of Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Then let me ask you this, did Jesus do nothing to stand against evil?

If so, how do you explain the time he overthrew the money-changers' tables in the Temple?

What do you make of Him confronting the religious authority time and time again?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Those who say "fighting the good fight" involves taking up arms are guilty of a serious heresy, which has bedevilled the Church down the centuries.

Christ said we must "leave all" to follow Him - and that has to include all violence

Agreed

If so, how do you explain the time he overthrew the money-changers' tables in the Temple?

What do you make of Him confronting the religious authority time and time again?

Will reply later, I've got some things I have to do.

Edited by WalkTheWay

And yet religion is how virtually everyone who is called starts out. This is why Jesus reserved His most severe criticism for the church, the gatekeepers.

The only time Jesus criticized "the church" was in Revelation, and in that He spoke with love, grace, and mercy in the process.

Have you forgotten "the greater points of the Law"?

Hmm; I meant that stuff in the OT, @ "gatekeepers..." Isaiah, maybe. Ezekiel. ya. Blasting the "gatekeepers." And I recall some other Word, red letter, that isn't as you describe; but irregardless?

: )

I have no idea what you just said.

Would you please write this as if it were an English essay and not some Twitter speal?

Any false religion is an enemy to the Cross of Christ.

Yup. Only you think you live in an exception--

ha just like everyone else does--when you surely

live in a lie, too, here. We all do. Everyone.

It is the human condition.

"I thank you God, that I am like the rest of men" TMerton

But as for the US, no one is claiming there is only one problem.

Well, you got another one, hidden in plain sight.

Right here in River City. You've found an enemy, without an I,

and that stands for Islam. You are done meat @

Islam is the enemy.

Would you please write this as if it were an English essay and not some Twitter speal?

While I agree that organized religion is a problem, I have also discovered the danger of what "being a law unto one's own self" can be.

Go for it, I say. God will slap you down when you go too far lol.

Been there, done that.

Don't ever want to do it again.

While it’s true that Jesus Christ cleaned out the temple, it was to fulfill the prophecy found in Psalm 69:9 “for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.”

Jesus’ actions were also a premonitory sign of what he would do as enthroned King.  1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

In regards to what Jesus Christ did with the religious leaders of his day, true Christians should follow his example and denounce the heresies that religious leaders have foisted on earnest people who are trying to attain the kingdom of God.

And what should we do about evil?  

Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”d says the Lord. 20On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;

if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”e

21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Which are the same instructions that Jesus Christ gave:

Matthew 5: 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous

Psalm 27

14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Psalm 46

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalm 47

8God reigns over the nations;
    God is seated on his holy throne.
The nobles of the nations assemble
    as the people of the God of Abraham,
for the kings[c] of the earth belong to God;
    he is greatly exalted.

Edited by WalkTheWay

While it’s true that Jesus Christ cleaned out the temple, it was to fulfill the prophecy found in Psalm 69:9 “for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.”

Jesus’ actions were also a premonitory sign of what he would do as enthroned King.  1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

You make it sound as if Jesus could care less if the money-changers fixed and set-up their tables again the next day.

Are you sure He did not desire for the selling of things in the Temple to cease?

In regards to what Jesus Christ did with the religious leaders of his day, true Christians should follow his example and denounce the heresies that religious leaders have foisted on earnest people who are trying to attain the kingdom of God.

And you do not consider this as making efforts to change society for the better?

You make it sound as if Jesus could care less if the money-changers fixed and set-up their tables again the next day.

Are you sure He did not desire for the selling of things in the Temple to cease?

Perhaps, though the bigger picture is it fulfills a prophecy and foreshadows a coming event.

And you do not consider this as making efforts to change society for the better?

I think each one of us should be more interested in our walk with God.

Micah 6:8

He has told you, O man, what is good;

and what does the Lord require of you

but to do justice, and to love kindness,[a]

and to walk humbly with your God?

Romans 14:12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

Also, don't know how much anyone is going to change society when the Apostle John wrote:

1 John 5:19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

Edited by WalkTheWay