• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

If one puts everything in context, this is an Angel - A Messenger from Heaven. It could be Gabriel, but the Bible doesn't tell us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1969

If one puts everything in context, this is an Angel - A Messenger from Heaven. It could be Gabriel, but the Bible doesn't tell us.

Yes I agree this.. fully...

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I would say this is Jesus. This seems to parallel Rev. 1: 13 - 16. Just my opinion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Hi Dutch! Looks like you got left standing alone on your question. I am sorry about that.

We know about Michael and Gabriel, but undoubtedly God has many princes whom He uses to do His bidding. I can not think that we know them all.

Since He uses the number 12 often, perhaps there are twelve of these princes who do battle on our behalf, until the return of Christ.

I had read your title yesterday so when I went to bed last night I read that chapter in Daniel to refresh my mind.

The number 12 in scripture represents "governmental perfection". Jesus is always discribed as a man in linen or white linen, whose face is very bright.

Scripture in this case does not tell use who "he" is but if I were to take other scripture into consideration and make a guess I would say that this is Christ.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  35
  • Birthday:  03/08/1959

Hello... all,

Maybe this is not the right place for this question.. So the mod. got of course permission to put it in the right forum.. if it doesn't fit here. (But I didn't know where I have to put this question)

I was studying Dan 10

And this is the Bible Scripture:

4 And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel,

5 I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, a man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with pure gold of Uphaz:

6 his body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as flaming torches, and his arms and his feet like unto burnished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

When we read Rev 1:13-15 we can read this:

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And having turned I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 and in the midst of the candlesticks one like unto a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about at the breasts with a golden girdle.

14 And his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 and his feet like unto burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters.

So we could think this is the same person:

But now we have to think about Dan 10:13,21 and 11:1

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me: and I remained there with the kings of Persia

21 But I will tell thee that which is inscribed in the writing of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me against these, but Michael your prince.

1 And as for me, in the first year of Darius the Mede, I stood up to confirm and strengthen him.

What we know is:

* This person isn't Michael.

* This person is a kind of warrior.. (with respect) And fight against the prince of Greece and Persian..

* He doesn't like at Gabriel -> because in Dan 8 we can see that Gabriel met Daniel.

* Michael was helping this person in his fight against the prince of Persia.

* This person was helping Michael in his battle too..

The strange part is.. the prince of Persia withstood him for 21 days. So,.. can it be Christ? Or is this a non-(biblical) named heavenly person...

My question: Who do you think that this person is. And why do you think that.

anybody?

I looked at this and at first glance I was sure the man as described was Our Lord

5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: 6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude. 7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves..

Dan 10:5-7 (KJV)

I also went to Rev 1

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters

Rev 1:13-15 (KJV)

But as I read it did seem somewhat odd that our Lord could need help? I allso noticed lord as not capitalized throughout

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

As I continued to read to the end of the vision I noticed Lord was finally capitalized and it seemed to me Daniel had finally realized he was in front of His Lord of lords.

5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? 7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10

Dan 12:5-10 (KJV)

So I dug a little deeper and according to E. W. Bullinger's Companion Bible

There is a mistranslation in those passages.

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

13 But the Ruler of the kingdom of Persia was standing confronting me three sevens of days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I left him there beside the kings of Persia.

My conclusion is this is Our Lord.

Pray for discernment.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hello... all,

Maybe this is not the right place for this question.. So the mod. got of course permission to put it in the right forum.. if it doesn't fit here. (But I didn't know where I have to put this question)

I was studying Dan 10

And this is the Bible Scripture:

4 And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel,

5 I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, a man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with pure gold of Uphaz:

6 his body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as flaming torches, and his arms and his feet like unto burnished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

When we read Rev 1:13-15 we can read this:

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And having turned I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 and in the midst of the candlesticks one like unto a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about at the breasts with a golden girdle.

14 And his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 and his feet like unto burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters.

So we could think this is the same person:

But now we have to think about Dan 10:13,21 and 11:1

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me: and I remained there with the kings of Persia

21 But I will tell thee that which is inscribed in the writing of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me against these, but Michael your prince.

1 And as for me, in the first year of Darius the Mede, I stood up to confirm and strengthen him.

What we know is:

* This person isn't Michael.

* This person is a kind of warrior.. (with respect) And fight against the prince of Greece and Persian..

* He doesn't like at Gabriel -> because in Dan 8 we can see that Gabriel met Daniel.

* Michael was helping this person in his fight against the prince of Persia.

* This person was helping Michael in his battle too..

The strange part is.. the prince of Persia withstood him for 21 days. So,.. can it be Christ? Or is this a non-(biblical) named heavenly person...

My question: Who do you think that this person is. And why do you think that.

anybody?

It's Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

It is an angel.

Heb 1:3 - The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representations of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. v 4. So He became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Christ sustains all thing by his powerful Word. He does not need the help of Michael or any other angel.

I Chro 16:27 - Splendor and majesty are before him, strength and joy in his dwelling place. v 30 - Tremble before him, all the earth; The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved.

Spiritual warfare; angel against angel. Dan 10:5-14

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  30

Have a look at Dan. 12 verses 6 & 7. This is no angel!!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Have a look at Dan. 12 verses 6 & 7. This is no angel!!!

Panza70

Read on in verse 7: The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever (pre incarnated Christ) .....

The one who is dressed in linen is swearing (talking) to someone much greater than himself, the one who lives forever (the Godhead).

James 2:19 - You believe that their is one God. Good. Even the demons believe that and shudder (tremble).

In Christ

Montana Marv

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  23

I think you all are correct, just don't over look the break in the text.

In Dan 10:4-6 I believe he looks up to see JESUS in his pre-incarnate form, "the Angel of the LORD", matching the description in Rev 1.

Then in Dan 10:9, he states -- "But I heard the sound of his words; and as soon as I heard the sound of his words, I fell into a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground." Note he is on the ground, in a form of reverence. (NASB)

Then in Dan 10:10, he is awakened by "a touch" and told to "stand up". I believe this to be an angel, or possibly Gabriel whom needed Michael's help to defeat the evil forces.

First JESUS, then he fainted and when he awoke, an angel gave him the message.

Just my thought, have a look!

Job 5:17