churchmouse2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Paul speaks of this topic. There is a vers which he wrote that I think this topic sums up. Does anyone know the address? My topical and concordance (eshaustive) reference books have failed me; or me them. Thanks.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Paul speaks of this topic. There is a vers which he wrote that I think this topic sums up. Does anyone know the address? My topical and concordance (eshaustive) reference books have failed me; or me them. Thanks.

Luke 7 36:50 speaks of this, but not sure about Paul. One of my favorate passages...because i have been forgiven much.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Could it be Luke 12:48 your looking for? But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Luke 7:47

Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10

I think everyone else is right it sounds like Luke 7. But it could also be I Timothy 1:9-16.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I do believe that you are looking too closely at the needle in the hay stack, you need to back out a little. You are looking for a [verse] when the subject matter is in an event that happened and Jesus explained.

Luk 7:44-50 NIV Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. (45) You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. (46) You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. (47) Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little." (48) Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." (49) The other guests began to say among themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" (50) Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

For those who have had great sins forgiven, great is their thankfulness. Great is my thankfulness, for I have seen man comment great horrors in this world and for a time I became like those to whom I battled.

Taken from The Bible Knowledge Commentary

Luke 7:44-50

The woman had been forgiven much and therefore she loved Jesus very much. Jesus was not implying that the Pharisee did not have much need for forgiveness. His point was that “a sinner” who is forgiven is naturally going to love and thank the One who has forgiven her. Simon’s treatment of Jesus differed vastly from the woman’s. She was evidencing that she loved Jesus for she realized that she had been forgiven much. She realized that she was a sinner and in need of forgiveness. In contrast, Simon saw himself as pure and righteous and therefore did not need to treat Jesus in a special manner. In fact, he did not even extend to Jesus the normal courtesies of that day: greeting a male by a kiss on the cheek, and anointing a guest’s head with a small portion of oil. In effect he did not seem to think Jesus could do anything for him, for he did not consider Jesus a prophet (Luk_7:39).

But the woman was not forgiven because of her love; rather, she loved because she was forgiven (Luk_7:47-48). Her faith brought her salvation: Your faith has saved you; go in peace (cf. Luk_8:48). Her faith in turn caused her to respond in love. The other dinner guests wondered who Jesus is since He forgave sins (cf. Luk_5:21). Though Jesus in this interchange with Simon never explicitly stated His claim to be the Messiah, He spoke as He did because He is the Messiah.

One should always be striving for an attitude of gratitude. DKS

ICL Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22

Thank you guys. Luke 7 is the idea that I was looking for. I got Paul's discourse of "..chief of sinners..." mixed up with this. I was correct in my thinking but I just wanted to make sure with God's Word. It has been a while since I read it. CM2