• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Love Song

Joel is also callled by God....and is an encouraging Preacher to the body of Christ....that is why so many people go to his Church and

watch him on T.V.

He doesn't preach on depressing things . Who wants to hear that ?

Exactly why Joel is NOT approved by God. Christians in third world countries would love to know that their belief is in vain and

that Christians in America go to mega churches to be told that God wants them to be healthy, wealthy and not worry about a thing

Unbelievable

Guest shiloh357
Well, I have examined this a bit further. I will admit that I was extremely disappointed that there is such a vast Majority of Blatant breaking the Word of God by false Judgement, and outright disregard for What Jesus said about Judging.

Examing a teacher iin the light of Scripture is not "judging" in the sense that you mean it. It is perfectly scriptural to hold up what Olsteen says to the light of Scripture to see if they match.

Then I read over some comments, and compared to other comments, then I realized that this is a public forum full of Christians with all different growth levels. Love Song Post is full of Grace and Maturity, and lots of you have a ways to go. You need to grow up in the Lord.

This is not an issue of maturity. It is an issue of honesty. We have some honest criticisms of Olsteen and what he preaches. He belongs to an errant group known as the Word of Faith movement, which his father also beloned to.

Joel has a specific calling and Ministry. He reaches those that would not give most of us 2 seconds of their time. That is OK, we all have a different place to fill.

Joel has no specific ministry target demographic. He preaches to a chruch of tens of thousands. His entire personal ministry is wrapped up in Television and books. His preaching is all about fulfilling dreams and reaching personal goals. Personal wealth, prosperity and personal advancement are the core principles of what he teaches. He doesn't preach on much of anything else.

Jesus said I judge not those that don't obey the Word,

Where did Jesus say that?

Sunnier said she don't recall Joel preaching on sin?? Like Sunnier watches Joel and read all his books?

His books are a reflection of what he teaches on TV. They are an extension of his televised material. At any given time, you can open his book or turn on his program and he will be preaching about fulfililng self-interest, not the Gospel. He doesn't preach on sin because "sin" doesn't sell books. Telling people that they are okay and that their path to riches and well-being are wrapped up in goals and dreams and personal enrichment is what sells.

Joel also preaches on sin, and right and wrong..... He presents it in a way that does not condemn the easily offended, something they can receive. If they don't receive, and you offended them, then your far away from perfect.

He doesn't preach on sin. He doesn't tell people that they are sinners in need of a Savior and that they need to make sure they are saved, now. He never presents a clear evangelistic sermon. The assumption is that everyone who darkens the door of his chruch is genuine believer and in a stadium filled with tens of thousands of people, there is a good chance that someone there is not a believer. But that person will never be told they need Christ.

The truth is offensive to human nature. It is one thing to offend someone with the truth of Scripture. It is another to be offensive. Olsteen goes out of his way not to offend anyone with the Gospel, because he uses a worldly means of determining his success as a pastor. His success is measured in numbers and dollar signs. His measurement of success is determined by book sales.

Those that have grown some in the Lord need to keep in mind we are interacting with babes on the forum who also want to give their opinions without a fully renewed mind. I should have been more accommodating. That shows I myself need to continue to grow and mature.

Don't look now but your hypocrisy is showing. For all of your self-righteous, snooty bluster about not judging others, you have passed all manner of judgment on the spiritual maturity of others on this board. Your hypocrisy is duly noted.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Love Song

Joel is also callled by God....and is an encouraging Preacher to the body of Christ....that is why so many people go to his Church and

watch him on T.V.

Exactly why Joel is NOT approved by God. Christians in third world countries would love to know that their belief is in vain and

that Christians in America go to mega churches to be told that God wants them to be healthy, wealthy and not worry about a thing

Unbelievable

Who does not want to hear something in a preach that hurts them or convicts them?

Those who take their spiritual drink as "Christian lite".

I like a strong brown brew with body and with foam on the top.

Jesus never once candy coated His message.

What gives Joel the prerogative to do it?

He is producing "Gentle Jesus, meek and mild" clones.

What makes you think a preach should at times not hurt you, convict you?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Well, I have examined this a bit further. I will admit that I was extremely disappointed that there is such a vast Majority of Blatant breaking the Word of God by false Judgement, and outright disregard for What Jesus said about Judging.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. Matt.16:24

That's pretty blatant too. A complete disregard for the fact that Jesus died for our sins and preaching a gospel to scratch tickling ears is

pretty blatant too.

Accusation is rampant among the social gospel and the mega churches and the emerging church. They do not want to hear the truth

They prefer lies and coddling of sin and do not judge even if it means the person goes to hell because no one corrects them.

Jesus also said this:For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-- Matt 10:35

and this: "I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! Luke 12:49

How do you interpret that? How do you 'examine' those words of Jesus?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

God is not coming at us with a baseball bat to listen to Him, and being so strict , toward us. Nor, does He want His Pastors to preach that way also.

Or , people would be so afraid of God, and wouldn't go to HIM.

Jesus came here to let us know ...that we have a heavenly Father , that Loves us...His creation. That God, our Father wants a relationship with us.

Through His Son, Jesus, we have access to the Throne of Grace.

And , I do believe I have a relationship with Him.

Guest shiloh357

It's a shame to read some of these comments, it's as if some of you forget what being a Christian is............

We don't judge another mans servant.............. NEVER!!! we don't speak ill of him, we don't put our mouth on him. Joel is not against the Lord Jesus, loves the Lord Jesus, has helped millions get their life right when everyone else was telling them what a worthless sinner they were. Shameful.....

Jesus said to his disciples that shut down a man rebuking devils.

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

I think it would so some of you good to actually follow in the Word what you read. You do read, don't you?

Joel's ministry is to edify people in the Lord, he sticks with what he was told to do, He is not many masters as they receive a greater condemnation. Like we have some around here, he just sticks with what he was told to do, that is it.

Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Not every body is called to feed the poor, called to do TV, called to preach sin all the time, called to teach end times all the time. We have have a part, It's called the body of Christ.......

So Joel would not put anybody in Hell on Larry King, I watched it............. Shameful once again for those of you with no understanding. Joel was baited, but held his ground. You can't put groups of people in Hell, and continue to run a TV church. That is just being stupid, and economically irresponsible. You start offending people you loose the ability to reach those people........... Yet those who do not much of anything for the Lord sitting at home typing on some forum know all about running mega churches and reaching millions.................... Get real!!!!! Your not even in the same league to open your mouth or type something against.

Jas 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Joel is also not God, not the judge, we are also not God, not the judge. Joel has enough smarts to know he is not God, or the one sending folks to hell. Seems some around here can't grasp that.

Mormons are Christians............(I don't know if it's the purest form of Christianity,)

Once again............ If Mormons are not Christians, Mormons go to hell, Joel offends Mormons, Joel can no longer reach Mormons........

Joel found something positive to say about them, they believe in Jesus, He looked for the good in them. Who else might do that????? ummmm... anybody know? Ummm....

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

All that have judged Joel, Guess what God said............ What measure you meet, it shall be measured back to you.... So, because your not perfect yet like God, you have to accept the same Judgement you gave. Now how smart is that???

So unless you have preached to millions, run a mega church, know how to handle public relations and hostile media, have dealt with the pressures of constant attacks, I would just zip it............... Stay home on your computer and type nice things...........

Be blessed, if possible.

Those who stand up as God's mouthpieces are more accountable to the body of Christ and to Christ Himself than those who don't stand in that position. To say that they are beyond criticism or to present them as untouchable is not Scriptural.

If someone is offended by the truth, that is between them and God. The Bibles says that "strait is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few there will be who find it." That the majority of the world is completely turned off to the truth of Scripture is not an indictment on the messenger. Rather, it is an indictment on the hardness of men's hearts.

Olsteen preaches to the flesh of men. He preaches about how to get the easy life, how to strike it rich and have everything you ever dreamed of. He presents that as God's plan for your life. The problem is that Olsteens "gospel" doesn't seem to wash when we look at those in the Scripture and even today who are suffering in prison and have been torture and even killed for their faith in Christ. Joel presents a fluffy syruppy gospel that appeals to man's own self interest.

He specifically shys away from messasges that bring conviction, the reality of sin, the plan of redemption. He only preaches what he thinks will get people to buy his materials. It is all about an empire that is centered around Joel Olsteen.

Not every body is called to feed the poor, called to do TV, called to preach sin all the time, called to teach end times all the time. We have have a part, It's called the body of Christ.......

That is a misuse of what Paul meant. We all do have our own part to play, but the messasge is not different from one part to to the next. Paul's point is that we all have different giftings to use in the body. Different giftings, but only ONE Gospel. That doesn't mean that Joel has his own message to bring. We work in concert with each other. Joel's ministry is all about Joel, not the body of Christ.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a Gospel of sin, judgment, forgiveness and redemption. It is a message that entails the truth that as a human being, you are born under a sentence of death. You are a sinner by nature and you are helpless to change that. You deserve judgment, but God has chosen to be mericful and grant you opportunity to come into rightstanding with Him through the finished work of Christ on the cross. Without God you are weak, and sinful and if you continue in your present condition, you will die and go to hell. That is the reality that needs to be preached.

Would we consider it "depressing" if someone flagged us down to tell us the bridge up ahead is out and if we continue we will plunge to our deaths? The Gospel messsage is a warning that if we continue as we are going on we will eventually plunge to our deaths. We need to get off this road and find the road that will take us Home. Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life. That is what Olsteen should be preaching. But the eternal condition of many people will be on his hands if he ends up letting people go to hell because he was afraid of offending someone. Some wil be offended at the Gospel but some will also come to faith in Christ.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Love Song

watch him on T.V.

Unbelievable

That is NOT what Osteen teaches or has ever taught. Attend a service and you will see multi-millionaires in fine clothes sitting next to people off the street who don't have two nickels to rub together. Unlike the Night of Hope events in stadiums and arenas, the services at Lakewood are always free and no one is compelled to contribute financially.

Shiloh,

Every service I have ever attended includes a personal invitation for anyone to become Christian. Counselors are available to talk and pray with anyone who desires such.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

God is not coming at us with a baseball bat to listen to Him, and being so strict , toward us. Nor, does He want His Pastors to preach that way also.

Or , people would be so afraid of God, and wouldn't go to HIM.

Jesus came here to let us know ...that we have a heavenly Father , that Loves us...His creation. That God, our Father wants a relationship with us.

Through His Son, Jesus, we have access to the Throne of Grace.

And , I do believe I have a relationship with Him.

It;s great that you have a relationship with Jesus :thumbsup:

But can we agree that relationships differ? That none are exactly the same?

Sometimes we need to be hit over the head with a preach. Especially if it is the truth.

And a "fear" of God (in the correct sense), is a very healthy thing to have!

There are many of us that like a bit of meat with our milk.

Eh, but only if the meat has been properly cooked. :)