• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,417
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

God's Law is Perfect

When God said, (Gen 1:3) "Let there be light," it happened.

When He commanded that the oceans be, they came into existence.

God's word is powerful.

What He says is never futile, empty, or without power.

The Law is a reflection of God's character.

It is pure: (Pro.30:5) "Every word of God is pure:"

and perfect: (Psalm 19:7) "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul:"

It is powerful: (Heb 4:12) "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword," The Ten Commandments reflect God's holiness and justice.

Can't disagree, however you could keep the ten commandments all your life and still go to hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

God's Law is Perfect

God's word is powerful.

and perfect: (Psalm 19:7) "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul:"

It is powerful: (Heb 4:12) "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword," The Ten Commandments reflect God's holiness and justice.

Can't disagree, however you could keep the ten commandments all your life and still go to hell.

Very true, the rich young man had kept the Torah all his life, thought that was what got him redemption/salvation, if we do not obey out of love and with love its all for nothing.

shalom,

Mizz

Guest shiloh357

Psalm 5:

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Psalm11:

5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Lev.20:

23 "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

Prov 6:

16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Hosea 9:

15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

While it is true that there are indeed people whom God hates, it needs to be understood that God does not "hate" the same way we do. When you see the word "hate" in those verses, you must not project the carnal expression of hate that is expressed by human beings on to God.

As expressed by humans, hate is murderous and unredemptive. This may be hard to understand, but God's hatred does not exclude His love. God is still able to love those whom people He hates, because God's hatred is not carnal and stained with sin. It is perfect and it is righteous and it is redemptive. We don't have a point of reference for how hatred can be redemptive, but with God it is. God relates to mankind redemptively. His love, hate and other communicable attributes are redemptive in nature. God's hatred and His love can peacefully co-exist.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1965

God's Law is Perfect

God's word is powerful.

where is this written?

God's Law is Perfect

God's word is powerful.

Very true, the rich young man had kept the Torah all his life, thought that was what got him redemption/salvation, if we do not obey out of love and with love its all for nothing.

shalom,

Mizz

no the rich young man did not keep the law all his life, he broke the law when he spoke with Jesus

the Lord asked him to sell all that he had and follow Him

the rich young man chose his RICHES over GOD

breaking the first commandment

also Love is the commandments

Psalm 5:

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Psalm11:

5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Lev.20:

23 "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

Prov 6:

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Hosea 9:

15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

While it is true that there are indeed people whom God hates, it needs to be understood that God does not "hate" the same way we do. When you see the word "hate" in those verses, you must not project the carnal expression of hate that is expressed by human beings on to God.

As expressed by humans, hate is murderous and unredemptive. This may be hard to understand, but God's hatred does not exclude His love. God is still able to love those whom people He hates, because God's hatred is not carnal and stained with sin. It is perfect and it is righteous and it is redemptive. We don't have a point of reference for how hatred can be redemptive, but with God it is. God relates to mankind redemptively. His love, hate and other communicable attributes are redemptive in nature. God's hatred and His love can peacefully co-exist.

God's hate is perfect.

thats the difference

Psalm 139:22

I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

God is merciful and longsuffering

this is another difference

1. Exodus 34:6
    And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
God being longsuffering he gives us chances to turn ourselves around.

Guest shiloh357

Psalm 5:

Psalm11:

Lev.20:

Prov 6:

Hosea 9:

God's hate is perfect.

thats the difference

Psalm 139:22

I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

God is merciful and longsuffering

this is another difference

1. Exodus 34:6
    And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
God being longsuffering he gives us chances to turn ourselves around.

Which is more or less what I said.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Does God love love everyone?.....

No His love is conditional as this scripture tells us:

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Does God love love everyone?.....

No His love is conditional as this scripture tells us:

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

amen

unfortunately we have a doctrine that teaches that God love is unconditional.

But, praise be to God, (Rom.5:6) "in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." There is no way we can be clean before God. That is why God became one of us (John 1:1,14;

Heb.2:17), to take our place and become sin on our behalf (2 Cor.5:21).

Therefore, people have two options:

Trust Jesus, God in flesh, as your savior and put your faith in the sacrifice that He made on the cross and in nothing you do