• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

If I endure to the end of my life then according to Jesus I will be...Matthew 10:22-----once saved, always save= big time false teaching......

Exactly bro. God has no pleasure in those who turn away. Jesus taught that many would fall way from the faith in the Last days. Be strong and endure in the Grace of God.

God bless,

:laugh:

Revelation 3:16

So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

So......ask yourself...Do I love God? and What is my lifstyle?

The focus is wrong. JER 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Even for us Brian I believe we should not judge ourselves to see if we are up to scratch we must believe Jesus died for our sins and that is all. And that is faith.

There is a poster on The Weather Channel messageboards who believes that Jesus died for our sins and yet has rejected the faith completely.

She is now a Buddhist and still believes that Jesus died and was resurrected.

Is she a Christian?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Hello John......even demons believe and tremble.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

In his love,

Brian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/28/1950

Dime.

If she has had her sins forgiven what sin can she go to Hell for?

johnp.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/28/1950

Brian.

You have me wrong.

Works will naturally flow from forgiveness.

johnp.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

If I endure to the end of my life then according to Jesus I will be...Matthew 10:22-----once saved, always save= big time false teaching......

Big time false teaching........yet, everyone I know that is able to read the bible in the Greek and have spent more than a weekend studying the issue and have asked God for wisdom on this all believe salvation is secure if truly accepted. Amazing.

Works will naturally flow from forgiveness.

Bingo. I've been involved in this debate enough times to know that even if people offer up scripture to "prove their point" and their interpretation is proven wrong they won't change their mind or respond at all. So, I think instead of presenting a case for eternal security, I think I'll just let the debate develope on its own.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

I'm thinkin that most of us on this thread are agreeing with eachother but just spelling it out in different ways.

Read every post and you'll see what I mean.

I'm definitly not saying that we're saved by our works....no way man. That would make the Blood usless. It is God's grace.

A good check for the believer who doubts is to know how he conducts himself. However Peter showed us exactly how to know.....

2 Pet 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

......and he gives us this command........

1 Pet 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

What I'm seeing in scripture is forgivness and obedience are sisters who walk right beside each other. You can't have one without the other.

In his love,

Brian

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

WEll the thing is, if we believe we can lose our salvation, it is salvation based off works. It's a work to have to continue to maintain belief in Christ. Plus, God doesn't like lip-service. So if our lifestyle denies Christ even though our lips don't, in essence, we're still renouncing Him. Then it becomes a debate of what is enough to constitute denying Christ? It eventually boils down to one sin. So, if we believe we can lose it, we are basing our belief off works.

However, I believe that works are proof of our salvation. A person who wonders if their saved need only to look at their life. If it is full of works that are done out of love for the Lord and not obligation, then yes, they're saved. If they can't say they've ever truly worked out of love for Christ....well....

btw, the conclusion of your post is something I think everyone can agree upon. If you don't obey Christ, well how can you say you love Him?

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

WEll the thing is, if we believe we can lose our salvation, it is salvation based off works. It's a work to have to continue to maintain belief in Christ.

No it's not.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Plainly, a Buddhist is not a Christian. A Muslim is not a Christian. A Hindu is not a Christian. A "new-ager" is not a Christian. Jesus, in fact, did say that "by their fruits ye shall know them." There will be NEW TESTAMENT-BASED EVIDENCES. Is that too difficult for some to grasp?

One will certainly claim Jesus as Saviour & Sovereign Lord. One will surely adhere to "SOUND doctrine." One will preach the Gospel of Christ as seen in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. One will seek to lead every Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or "new-ager" to saving faith in the world's only Saviour, Jesus Christ. Acts 4:12.

Down with all global caliphates! Up with the Lord Jesus Christ! He is Lord of all!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com