~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

ITALY'S presidential palace has confirmed that Premier Silvio Berlusconi has resigned, setting in motion a transition aimed at bringing Italy back from the brink of economic crisis.

Cheers broke out in front of the palace by the hundreds of people who gathered to witness Mr Berlusconi's final act in office, ending a 17-year political era.

A chorus of Handel's Alleluia, performed by a few dozen singers and classical musicians, rang out in front of the president's palace as thousands of Italians poured into downtown Rome to rejoice at the end of Berlusconi's scandal-marred reign.

Hecklers shouted "Buffoon, Buffoon!" as Berlusconi's motorcade entered and exited the presidential palace, where he tendered his resignation to President Giorgio Napolitano.

Respected former European commissioner Mario Monti remained the top choice to try to steer the country out of its debt woes as the head of a transitional government.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Gettin' ready for the Beast. :huh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Gettin' ready for the Beast. :huh:

Absolutely.....things are speeding up now.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

So now where will he go from here? To live in his Villa at Ancore , the one in Sardegna or some of the other properties he owns.

Get another face lift, hair transplant?

You know the strange thing is that this man who, "IMHO" is and was put up by the mafia hasn't spoken his last word.

He still has strong ties with Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin ex KGB which should send alarm bells ringing.

If the Italians go to an election which they will and it becomes a no win vote; he just might pop back up and say, " You see , without me they cannot rule".

When he came into power I lived in Italy and the strange thing was; that when he was elected you could not find one Italian that had voted for him.

He controls the Newspapers, the media and the printing press. (Talk about conflict of interest) :noidea:

I pray it's the last we here of him but something tells me it is not so.

Let's not ring the victory bell yet. :taped:

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

He has gone off to count his billions and settle in with his 'ladies'. As far as I hear the Italians wanted him out anyway he was an embarrassment.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

He has gone off to count his billions and settle in with his 'ladies'. As far as I hear the Italians wanted him out anyway he was an embarrassment.

Sorry little lamb but that is spoken from someone that has not lived thirty years in Italy and gleans the news from the press and media.

It’s not so much his massive wealth or media influence that has kept him in power for the better part of 17 years, it has to have also been the Italian vote.

Though few Italians may admit it openly, Silvio Berlusconi is quintessentially one of them.

“Personally I will miss nothing of him, in particular his absolutely atrocious jokes and the brutte figure abroad to which he was continuing to expose this great country. He was destroying the great brand that Italy is and he cannot be forgiven for that,” ~ Barbie Latza Nadeau

Personally I have to agree with her. If you have not lived in Italy you cannot imagine the power that man had; including an evil charisma!

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Sorry little lamb but that is spoken from someone that has not lived thirty years in Italy and gleans the news from the press and media.

It’s not so much his massive wealth or media influence that has kept him in power for the better part of 17 years, it has to have also been the Italian vote.

Though few Italians may admit it openly, Silvio Berlusconi is quintessentially one of them.

“Personally I will miss nothing of him, in particular his absolutely atrocious jokes and the brutte figure abroad to which he was continuing to expose this great country. He was destroying the great brand that Italy is and he cannot be forgiven for that,” ~ Barbie Latza Nadeau

Personally I have to agree with her. If you have not lived in Italy you cannot imagine the power that man had; including an evil charisma!

Yes, that may be true but lately the sentiment has changed, especially among the NA Italians who have family in Italy and visit regularly or vacation yearly for months.