IGNORED

I finally went back to church yesterday!

jeffnevins

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Not a big deal for many of us, or myself before my head injury.

But afterward, the amplifier volume among other things had me concerned about tooth nerve pain & headache. Last time I went I ws in a lot of pain & left when the sermon started. I had earplugs, but was a mess anyway from other injuries.

That was months ago. But last week I found a seating area upstairs away from the sanctuary w/a monitor & worshipped there.

And yesterday I went to the back row seat closest the door w/my earplugs, and made it through & didn't feel a pain increase after. :cool:

Thank God.

Now if only churches w/amplifiers would bring down the volume-

It doesn't make a worship or sermon less powerful, in my opinion.

I suggested they do so on the suggestion card.

Good to be back-

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Not a big deal for many of us, or myself before my head injury.

But afterward, the amplifier volume among other things had me concerned about tooth nerve pain & headache. Last time I went I ws in a lot of pain & left when the sermon started. I had earplugs, but was a mess anyway from other injuries.

That was months ago. But last week I found a seating area upstairs away from the sanctuary w/a monitor & worshipped there.

And yesterday I went to the back row seat closest the door w/my earplugs, and made it through & didn't feel a pain increase after. :cool:

Thank God.

Now if only churches w/amplifiers would bring down the volume-

It doesn't make a worship or sermon less powerful, in my opinion.

I suggested they do so on the suggestion card.

Good to be back-

Wow, glad to hear (no pun) that you have started going back to Church.

My church has a glassed in area in the front of the church where they normally take crying kids, however, I have found it to cut down about 20 to 30 db's of the drum actions we have going on, from time to time. The younger folk tell me that the music is not to loud, that I'm too old.

Dennis.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yeah, I don't understand the obsession with loudness, either.

Can you talk with the pastor or some other leader about this to work out a solution?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hello all. Although I am a Muslim but i apriciate a Christian to go to the Church. That is bcz we need to have a connection with God. To keep going to a Church or Mosque is a sign of didication. Going to the houses of God is to teach ourselves regulation. To be regular churchgoers (for Christians) or Mosqueqoers (for Muslims) keeps our spirit in promotional stages. Whether it is every Sunday in Christianity or five times a day in Islam, that's giving us a continuation of feeling of bieng with God.

We need this regulation more with today material world which enslave our hearts in cheasing money and pushing us away from God and from our inner-self.

So, I congratulate you for coming back to the Church!

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Hello all. Although I am a Muslim but i apriciate a Christian to go to the Church. That is bcz we need to have a connection with God. To keep going to a Church or Mosque is a sign of didication. Going to the houses of God is to teach ourselves regulation. To be regular churchgoers (for Christians) or Mosqueqoers (for Muslims) keeps our spirit in promotional stages. Whether it is every Sunday in Christianity or five times a day in Islam, that's giving us a continuation of feeling of bieng with God.

We need this regulation more with today material world which enslave our hearts in cheasing money and pushing us away from God and from our inner-self.

Christians do not necessarily need to be in Church to pray. Most of us pray to God all during the day, but unlike Muslims we do not always kneel to communicate with God. He is ever present and He is always with us.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I can sympathize with you in some ways. Fluorescent lights gives me migraines if I stay under them too long they make my eyes water like a leaky faucet. The entire time we are worshipping I have a tissue to wipe my eyes, people think I am crying, half way through the talk my eyes start to dry out and when that happens I will always get a headache of some sorts. Doesn't stop me from going! I am so glad you are finding ways that you are able to go and fellowship with others!

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Christians do not necessarily need to be in Church to pray. Most of us pray to God all during the day, but unlike Muslims we do not always kneel to communicate with God. He is ever present and He is always with us.

You are correct, as Christians we don't have to go to Church for worship, we don't have to pray and we don't have to read the Bible (it's not a chore).

As Christians we get to go to Church and worship, we get to pray, we get to read the Bible and the teachings of our lord an savior Jesus Christ, how wonderful it is.

Jeff, it is wonderful that you can get to Church and worship with other brothers and sisters, peace be with you.

Hello all. Although I am a Muslim but i appreciate a Christian to go to the Church. That is because we need to have a connection with God. To keep going to a Church or Mosque is a sign of dedication. Going to the houses of God is to teach ourselves regulation. To be regular churchgoers (for Christians) or Mosque goers (for Muslims) keeps our spirit in promotional stages. Whether it is every Sunday in Christianity or five times a day in Islam, that's giving us a continuation of feeling of being with God.

We need this regulation more with today material world which enslave our hearts in chasing money and pushing us away from God and from our inner-self.

Welcome~!

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18

And Be Blessed Beloved

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Be Very Blessed

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

Love, Joe

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Blessings to you all In Jesus Name :thumbsup: