joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Yet, all through the New Testament, the church is called the bride, a feminine word, not a he, a manly word.

Women are portrayed to represent religious bodies in scripture; good and bad. Jeremiah 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

The word "He" when not knowing the gender is acceptable in English grammar. A preferable word in this case would have been "Them or they."

Yet, that is not how it was written. The Greek says "THE one-DOWN-HAVING" or "THE one-detaining". This is singular, not plural as in "Them" or "They", so that does not work either.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Yet, all through the New Testament, the church is called the bride, a feminine word, not a he, a manly word.

Women are portrayed to represent religious bodies in scripture; good and bad. Jeremiah 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

The word "He" when not knowing the gender is acceptable in English grammar. A preferable word in this case would have been "Them or they."

Yet, that is not how it was written. The Greek says "THE one-DOWN-HAVING" or "THE one-detaining". This is singular, not plural as in "Them" or "They", so that does not work either.

To me the word "He" is not bad, but restricted if interpreted as only one. 1 Corinthians 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but "ONE" body. Could this one body be designated as "He or she" depending upon context? I haven't asked you, but who do you think the one that restrains is?

To me the word "He" is not bad, but restricted if interpreted as only one. 1 Corinthians 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but "ONE" body. Could this one body be designated as "He or she" depending upon context? I haven't asked you, but who do you think the one that restrains is?

It is not placed into context like the "one" body, meaning many. It is a singular statement, which is how it was spoken. I try not to add what I "think" "he" may mean, because honestly, I don't know. I have been working on this for many years now and every time I think I have it pinned down, something else points somewhere else.

At first, I thought he is referred to as the Holy Spirit, but whenever the Holy Spirit is spoken of, He is capitalized. Using the NJKV, I thought I had it nailed until I looked at other versions and I was faced with the fact that not all capitalize "he". So I dug deeper and discovered that the Greek says "he be taken out of the way" as "at-PRESENT TILL OUT OF-MIDst it-MAY-BE-BECOMING" or "may-be-becoming", removing "it", depending on which text you use. There is no "he" in the Greek at all. This removed the Holy Spirit. Then I thought it was the church until I dug deeper again. I then realized that we will be called at the last trumpet, which is at the end of the great tribulation, not the beginning of the great tribulation. So I find myself back at the beginning, not able to answer who the restrainer is, but have eliminated who I once thought he may be.

It is not placed into context like the "one" body, meaning many. It is a singular statement, which is how it was spoken. I try not to add what I "think" "he" may mean, because honestly, I don't know. I have been working on this for many years now and every time I think I have it pinned down, something else points somewhere else.

At first, I thought he is referred to as the Holy Spirit, but whenever the Holy Spirit is spoken of, He is capitalized. Using the NJKV, I thought I had it nailed until I looked at other versions and I was faced with the fact that not all capitalize "he". So I dug deeper and discovered that the Greek says "he be taken out of the way" as "at-PRESENT TILL OUT OF-MIDst it-MAY-BE-BECOMING" or "may-be-becoming", removing "it", depending on which text you use. There is no "he" in the Greek at all. This removed the Holy Spirit. Then I thought it was the church until I dug deeper again. I then realized that we will be called at the last trumpet, which is at the end of the great tribulation, not the beginning of the great tribulation. So I find myself back at the beginning, not able to answer who the restrainer is, but have eliminated who I once thought he may be.

I'm not sure where you get the last trump sounding at the end of the tribulation, because considering the following scripture where elect are concerned during the millennium, there must be a last trump after the millennium, though if there's a last trump there must also be previous trumps.

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

The Restrainer is what (or Who) is preventing the rise of Antichrist. In 2 Thess.2: the Restrainer would, I believe, have to an essential part of the Eternal Godhead as only One of the Holy Trinity would be strong enuf & all-powerful enuf to restrain the Devil. In Holy Writ, one of the essential tasks of the Blessed Holy Spirit is to do just that, ie, thwart evil & restrain sin. One should never attempt to overcome Satan lest by & thru the indwelling power of the Third Person of the Hly Trinity. And remember this: The Comforter has indeed come!

I'm not sure where you get the last trump sounding at the end of the tribulation, because considering the following scripture where elect are concerned during the millennium, there must be a last trump after the millennium, though if there's a last trump there must also be previous trumps.

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

I am not sure what these verses have to do with the last trumpet. Consider the following:

1 Corinthians 15:51-53

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Revelation 11:15

Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”

This is all before the millennium.

The Restrainer is what (or Who) is preventing the rise of Antichrist. In 2 Thess.2: the Restrainer would, I believe, have to an essential part of the Eternal Godhead as only One of the Holy Trinity would be strong enuf & all-powerful enuf to restrain the Devil. In Holy Writ, one of the essential tasks of the Blessed Holy Spirit is to do just that, ie, thwart evil & restrain sin. One should never attempt to overcome Satan lest by & thru the indwelling power of the Third Person of the Hly Trinity. And remember this: The Comforter has indeed come!

God can use whomever or whatever He chooses and still win. I have considered that He appointed one of the archangels over the restraining, but I cannot find scripture to back this.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Not really at all pertaining to the thread but did you know the Ruach Hakodesh, the Holy Spirit is also a feminine word, not something we might think or see about the Spirit.

Not really at all pertaining to the thread but did you know the Ruach Hakodesh, the Holy Spirit is also a feminine word, not something we might think or see about the Spirit.

Many words have a feminine base, but the Holy Spirit is always spoken of as a He, is He not?

We will be called at the last trumpet, which is at the end of the great tribulation, not the beginning of the great tribulation.

I am not sure what these verses have to do with the last trumpet. Consider the following:

This is all before the millennium.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Revelation 11:15

Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”

There are parts prior to the millennium and some that are not. When we look at 1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. This time applies to eternity beginning after the millennium.

What I was attempting to show with Isaiah 65:20 is that if there are elect dying during the millennium, by necessity there will also be a resurrection and trump for them. And there is also a resurrection of the dead at the end of the millennium destined for the great white throne judgment.

Regardless of all our differences in doctrine, it will change nothing that will affect us. Be ready for it? Live each day of our lives as if today we will meet our Savior and God will make all things right. I plan on being taken from tribulation but that's also up to God.