• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Have you ever been involved in works of darkness prior to your Salvation? Have any relatives that have been?No now my mother was...She has been deceased for 15 years now..she gave her life to the lord...Now this happened when about 2-3 months after i was anointed by the holy spirit...

Peace,

Dave

Are you saying that your Mother was involved with works of darkness prior to her salvation?

peace,

Dave

yes in another state...she gave it up and went to god..amen for that

Thank God that your Mother gave that up and came to God. However, as Nebula has stated, there still may be a door open for some influence from that stuff, even if she only dabbled in it.:thumbsup:

There's a way to deal with it.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Then I do not understand you use of the words 'overcome by' ... because what your saying down here is not the proper use of such words you used above! Manifesting and overcoming are not equalities... Oh also human reasoning is promoted by God in Isa 1:18

Love, Steven

1 Sam. 10:9 - Then it happened when he turned his back to leave Samuel, God changed his heart ; and all those signs came about on that day. 10 When they came to the hill there, behold, a group of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him mightily, so that he prophesied among them.

1 Sam. 19

23 He proceeded there to Naioth in Ramah ; and the Spirit of God came upon him also, so that he went along prophesying continually until he came to Naioth in Ramah. 24 He also stripped off his clothes, and he too prophesied before Samuel and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Therefore they say, "Is Saul also among the prophets ?"

(*note that the people did not think of Saul's behavior as being unusual for a prophet)

1 Kings 8

10 It happened that when the priests came from the holy place, the cloud filled the house of the LORD, 11 so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.

There are times when the presence of the Lord is so strong, your body can't help but to react - either not being able to stand or shaking (it's like having an sugar high and adrenaline rush and elevated serotonin release magnified 10X, that "energy" has to be released somehow) or the need to release a loud shout or groaning sound.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,367
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 Sam. 19

23 He proceeded there to Naioth in Ramah ; and the Spirit of God came upon him also, so that he went along prophesying continually until he came to Naioth in Ramah. 24 He also stripped off his clothes, and he too prophesied before Samuel and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Therefore they say, "Is Saul also among the prophets ?"

(*note that the people did not think of Saul's behavior as being unusual for a prophet)

Note -The Spirit of God ---Until---- came to Naioth in Ramah... Now the reasoning to bring the question is- in the beginning when sin entered and God covered nakedness is He now in proof of Himself in someone going to make them naked? Saul was corrupted by wrong spirits and the people were -well you have the history of Israel! One minute He was praising David the next throwing spears at Him. This requires discernment (Spirit guidance in His Word) for the truth to be seen- for at the Cross our Lord, He was made naked in order to bring Him shame to Himself. For it was He who covered our dad (Adam) and mother (Eve)! That's like saying if in Church you were pressed to become naked before the people- or just the Pastor- would you?

There are times when the presence of the Lord is so strong, your body can't help but to react - either not being able to stand or shaking (it's like having an sugar high and adrenaline rush and elevated serotonin release magnified 10X, that "energy" has to be released somehow) or the need to release a loud shout or groaning sound.

My whole point is not that the influence of Our Lord is great but it is always left to the will of our control to yield... or else the construction of the Greek would not be so written-

from Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, Copyright © 1985, Thomas Nelson Publishers

SUBJECT, SUBJECTION (VERB, ADJECTIVE, NOUN)

A. Verb.

hupotasso , NT:5293), primarily a military term, "to rank under" (hupo, "under," tasso, "to arrange"), denotes (a) "to put in subjection, to subject," Ro 8:20 (twice); in the following, the RV, has to subject for KJV, "to put under," 1 Co 15:27 (thrice), 28 (3 rd clause); Eph 1:22; Heb 2:8 (4 th clause); in 1 Co 15:28 (1 st clause), for KJV "be subdued"; in Php 3:21, for KJV, "subdue"; in Heb 2:5, KJV, "hath... put in subjection"; (b) in the middle or passive voice, to subject oneself, to obey, be subject to, Lk 2:51; 10:17,20; Ro 8:7; 10:3, RV, "did (not) subject themselves" [KJV, "have (not) submitted themselves"]; 13:1,5; 14:34, RV, "be in subjection" (KJV, "be under obedience"); 15:28 (2 nd clause); 16:16 RV, "be in subjection" (KJV, "submit, etc."); so Col 3:18; Eph 5:21, RV, "subjecting yourselves" (KJV, "submitting, etc."); v. 22, RV in italics, according to the best texts; v. 24, "is subject"; Tit 2:5,9, RV, "be in subjection" (KJV, "be obedient"); 3:1, RV, "to be in subjection" (KJV, "to be subject"); Heb 12:9, "be in subjection"; Jas 4:7, RV, "be subject" (KJV, "submit yourselves"); so 1 Pe 2:13; v. 18, RV, "be in subjection"; so 3:1, KJV and RV; v. 5, similarly; 3:22, "being made subject"; 5:5, RV, "be subject" (KJV, "submit yourselves"); in some texts in the 2 nd part, as KJV. See OBEDIENT, SUBMIT.

Note: For doulagogeo, 1 Co 9:27, KJV, bring into subjection, see BONDAGE, B, No. 3. For anupotaktos, "not subject," Heb 2:8, see DISOBEDIENT, B, Note.

B. Adjective.

enochos, NT:1777), "held in, bound by," in Heb 2:15, subject to: see DANGER, B, No. 1.

Note: For "subject to like passions," Jas 5:17, KJV, see PASSION.

C. Noun.

hupotage, NT:5292), "subjection," occurs in 2 Co 9:13; Gal 2:5; 1 Ti 2:11; 3:4.

It also lines up with the accountability aspect God teaches us... We will give an account of every word we speak! We are required to test every s(S)pirit by His Word to determine it is from God or not etc. Any time we enter in a belief where we are not in control of ourselves how then could we in Love (obedience) to Him give an account of our responsibility to Him by His Word

Jn 16:13-15

13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

NKJV

after the Holy Spirit has declared to us truth we are to yield, accept, perform the concept from which he delivers to us through The Word... even in the garden the Lord taught us submission of will to The Will of The Father as the way, the truth and the life of us all!

Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Some people are overcome by the power of Holy Spirit. We need to have His discernment to know whether or not someone is intending to create a manifestation. If you have that discernment, then you weren't in bondage, were you?

Many of us must learn to guard our minds and control our speech, for some of us will utter a curse over ourselves without knowing it.

As for your question, most everyone has some error, and many churches preach error of some kind. While the enemy is successful in diverting the truth from people, it doesn't mean that there is an evil spirit around every corner. God gives us the ability by His indwelling spirit to tap into what He says about what anyone teaches, and we have the authority of the word of God to show us without a doubt that someone is in error. We are safe in Him, as long as we are walking with Him, and getting into His word regularly, and seeking Him first above all things.

1 Co 14:31-33

31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

NKJV

What you are saying does not reason with this statement of Paul! Love, Steven

You are having a contextual problem here, and are venturing off topic by reason of human reasoning. The subject in this passage is the spirits of the prophets themselves. We do have control over what we speak, even when we are speaking in the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:31-33

31 In this way, all who prophesy will have a turn to speak, one after the other, so that everyone will learn and be encouraged. 32 Remember that people who prophesy are in control of their spirit and can take turns. 33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people.

The subject in question is the activity of the Holy Spirit where His presence is heavy upon an individual. He cannot help but manifest, praise God!

Then I do not understand you use of the words 'overcome by' ... because what your saying down here is not the proper use of such words you used above! Manifesting and overcoming are not equalities... Oh also human reasoning is promoted by God in Isa 1:18

Love, Steven

'Overcome' is a very apt word to describe the Holy Spirit coming upon someone with His great power and anointing.

My whole point is not that the influence of Our Lord is great but it is always left to the will of our control to yield...

Holy Spirit will fill to overflowing anyone who submits to Him as a VESSEL. That is the use of one's will.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,367
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Then you are saying you relinquish all control to the s(S)pirit and you are no longer in control or responsible for what

is done Through you?Love, Steven

1 Sam. 19

Note -The Spirit of God ---Until---- came to Naioth in Ramah... Now the reasoning to bring the question is- in the beginning when sin entered and God covered nakedness is He now in proof of Himself in someone going to make them naked? Saul was corrupted by wrong spirits and the people were -well you have the history of Israel! One minute He was praising David the next throwing spears at Him. This requires discernment (Spirit guidance in His Word) for the truth to be seen- for at the Cross our Lord, He was made naked in order to bring Him shame to Himself. For it was He who covered our dad (Adam) and mother (Eve)! That's like saying if in Church you were pressed to become naked before the people- or just the Pastor- would you?

I'm not seeing what you are seeing, Steven.

The passage says nothing about evil spirits on Saul at the time, only the Spirit of God.

It doesn't say why Saul stripped off his clothes. It doesn't even say the Spirit of the Lord made him do that. Based on experience, it is possible he did so because he got very hot and was trying to cool off.

But also remember the Lord commanded Isaiah to walk around the city naked for 3 years.

My whole point is not that the influence of Our Lord is great but it is always left to the will of our control to yield...

Sure one can make the choice not to yield. But boy is that miserable! (Weight, pressure build up, etc. But then again, if the weight one feels on them is greater than the force their muscles can exert to stay upright, well, it's a matter of physics that one will end up on the floor.)

But as for Saul, unless you can show in the passage as it is worded that he was under demonic control rather than "the Spirit of God came upon him" and caused his prophesying and falling at Samuel's feet and all, I am sticking with the Spirit of the Lord.

Then you are saying you relinquish all control to the s(S)pirit and you are no longer in control or responsible for what is done Through you?Love, Steven

If you knew the Spirit of the Lord was upon you, why would you not relinquish control to Him?

Then you are saying you relinquish all control to the s(S)pirit and you are no longer in control or responsible for what

is done Through you?Love, Steven

Wise Christians know the word tells us that we are to give over control of our lives to Holy spirit, but when we manifest His presence, we still have the responsibility that the word tells us we have to remember the call to order.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i do not mean to come across as arrogant, but i was involved in these movements myself and came into bondage due to many of them preaching and teaching things that are unbibical and i had to unlearn alot of what i taught. i wouldn't of changed my pov unless god had told me i need to pray for discernment and test what is being preached first before i accept it as true.

What was unbiblical?

I hardly think that the evil spirits you speak of have their origin in some spiritual error.

the legalism and hyper emotionalism mainly plus the word of faith stuff where they preach that if we say things such as i dont feel good, that you will bring sickness upon yourself just by saying those words. oh my pet peev were those who tried to push or knock you to the ground when they prayed for you and calling it being "slain in the spirit".

can you please explain what you meant when you said you doubt the evil spirits have their origin in some spiritual error.

Some people are overcome by the power of Holy Spirit. We need to have His discernment to know whether or not someone is intending to create a manifestation. If you have that discernment, then you weren't in bondage, were you?

Many of us must learn to guard our minds and control our speech, for some of us will utter a curse over ourselves without knowing it.

As for your question, most everyone has some error, and many churches preach error of some kind. While the enemy is successful in diverting the truth from people, it doesn't mean that there is an evil spirit around every corner. God gives us the ability by His indwelling spirit to tap into what He says about what anyone teaches, and we have the authority of the word of God to show us without a doubt that someone is in error. We are safe in Him, as long as we are walking with Him, and getting into His word regularly, and seeking Him first above all things.

I agree we all need discernment. it is actualy one of the gifts of the spirit paul spoke of in his letter to the Corinthian church.

if there was nothing to discern against we would not need the gift would we? jesus told us to watch out for wolves in sheeps clothing, plus the bible said that in the last days satan would do false miricles to decieve god's very elect.