• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

i do not mean to come across as arrogant, but i was involved in these movements myself and came into bondage due to many of them preaching and teaching things that are unbibical and i had to unlearn alot of what i taught. i wouldn't of changed my pov unless god had told me i need to pray for discernment and test what is being preached first before i accept it as true.

What was unbiblical?

I hardly think that the evil spirits you speak of have their origin in some spiritual error.

the legalism and hyper emotionalism mainly plus the word of faith stuff where they preach that if we say things such as i dont feel good, that you will bring sickness upon yourself just by saying those words. oh my pet peev were those who tried to push or knock you to the ground when they prayed for you and calling it being "slain in the spirit".

can you please explain what you meant when you said you doubt the evil spirits have their origin in some spiritual error.

Some people are overcome by the power of Holy Spirit. We need to have His discernment to know whether or not someone is intending to create a manifestation. If you have that discernment, then you weren't in bondage, were you?

Many of us must learn to guard our minds and control our speech, for some of us will utter a curse over ourselves without knowing it.

As for your question, most everyone has some error, and many churches preach error of some kind. While the enemy is successful in diverting the truth from people, it doesn't mean that there is an evil spirit around every corner. God gives us the ability by His indwelling spirit to tap into what He says about what anyone teaches, and we have the authority of the word of God to show us without a doubt that someone is in error. We are safe in Him, as long as we are walking with Him, and getting into His word regularly, and seeking Him first above all things.

I agree we all need discernment. it is actualy one of the gifts of the spirit paul spoke of in his letter to the Corinthian church.

if there was nothing to discern against we would not need the gift would we? jesus told us to watch out for wolves in sheeps clothing, plus the bible said that in the last days satan would do false miricles to decieve god's very elect.

And many are deceived enough to jump on the bandwagon of denouncement of all things that pertain to the movement of Holy Spirit. That does not require discernment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,436
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Then you are saying you relinquish all control to the s(S)pirit and you are no longer in control or responsible for what is done Through you?Love, Steven

If you knew the Spirit of the Lord was upon you, why would you not relinquish control to Him?

Thats just it! I only know by instruction of Scripture... I have seen what happens to people who place the faith in the subjective aspects of their experiences.To the point where down the road their experience violates precepts from God's Word and they don't care cause their experience is primary position in their decision making process in life with God! I am more explaining myself than anything else here Neb... so if you don't mind I would like to answer the other discussion we are engaged in -here as well:

Saul had vacillated so badly in His person toward God that the meaning and flow could be thus:

Outline 1Samuel

SAUL'S beginnings (11-15)

...Saul began well (11-12)

Saul's errors (13-15)

...Disobedience concerning a sacrifice (13)

...Poor leadership of his troops (14)

...Disobedience concerning the Amalekites (15) -Rejected by God mourned by Samuel-

DAVID /SAUL'S REPLACEMENT(16-31)

...David chosen (16:1-13)

...David's gift (16:14-23)

...David's shepherd/soldier (Goliath) (17)

...David Pursued by Saul (18-26)

Saul desires Philistines to kill David (18)

Saul tries to capture David (19)

...David warned by Jonathan (20)

Saul persecutes helpers of David (21-22)

Saul tries again to capture

...David at Keilah (23:1-13)

...David in the wilderness (23:14-29)

...David takes part of Saul's robe at En-gedi (24)

...David & Abigail (25)

...David witness of himself to Saul-takes Saul's spear and jug (26)

David's interpolation in destiny (27-31)

...David life with Philistines (27)

Saul turns to the witch at Endor (28)

Philistines prepare to fight Israel (29)

...David avenges the raid on Ziklag (30)

Death of Saul; defeat of Israel (31)

The flow of Scripture teaches us by chapter 19 Saul already rejected by God and was operating in that prideful state of falleness.

His presence before Samuel was the wanting to regain what was already taken from Him 16:14-23. After all He was willing to murder to keep his throne do you not think trying to manipulate God and Samuel as well possible? Because Saul was manipulative and had murderous intent for David-> I see the truth of this Scripture as well perhaps in play.

Mt 7:2-4

2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?

NKJV

The Spirit came upon Him to control the heart of Saul, which fits with the previous groups sent by Saul to allow David's escape! This seems to fit the flow of the Scripture IMHO... Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i do not mean to come across as arrogant, but i was involved in these movements myself and came into bondage due to many of them preaching and teaching things that are unbibical and i had to unlearn alot of what i taught. i wouldn't of changed my pov unless god had told me i need to pray for discernment and test what is being preached first before i accept it as true.

What was unbiblical?

I hardly think that the evil spirits you speak of have their origin in some spiritual error.

the legalism and hyper emotionalism mainly plus the word of faith stuff where they preach that if we say things such as i dont feel good, that you will bring sickness upon yourself just by saying those words. oh my pet peev were those who tried to push or knock you to the ground when they prayed for you and calling it being "slain in the spirit".

can you please explain what you meant when you said you doubt the evil spirits have their origin in some spiritual error.

Some people are overcome by the power of Holy Spirit. We need to have His discernment to know whether or not someone is intending to create a manifestation. If you have that discernment, then you weren't in bondage, were you?

Many of us must learn to guard our minds and control our speech, for some of us will utter a curse over ourselves without knowing it.

As for your question, most everyone has some error, and many churches preach error of some kind. While the enemy is successful in diverting the truth from people, it doesn't mean that there is an evil spirit around every corner. God gives us the ability by His indwelling spirit to tap into what He says about what anyone teaches, and we have the authority of the word of God to show us without a doubt that someone is in error. We are safe in Him, as long as we are walking with Him, and getting into His word regularly, and seeking Him first above all things.

I agree we all need discernment. it is actualy one of the gifts of the spirit paul spoke of in his letter to the Corinthian church.

if there was nothing to discern against we would not need the gift would we? jesus told us to watch out for wolves in sheeps clothing, plus the bible said that in the last days satan would do false miricles to decieve god's very elect.

And many are deceived enough to jump on the bandwagon of denouncement of all things that pertain to the movement of Holy Spirit. That does not require discernment.

dear christian, do you think that i denounce the work of god's spirit? if so why?

Then you are saying you relinquish all control to the s(S)pirit and you are no longer in control or responsible for what is done Through you?Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,436
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Then you are saying you relinquish all control to the s(S)pirit and you are no longer in control or responsible for what

is done Through you?Love, Steven

Wise Christians know the word tells us that we are to give over control of our lives to Holy spirit, but when we manifest His presence, we still have the responsibility that the word tells us we have to remember the call to order.

It is true a wise person will seek God with all all their mind, their heart and all their strength for it is in the engaged practice of what God expects from us that God sees as love returned to Him!

1Jn 2:3-6

3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

NKJV

this is here so semantics are not in view... everyday I am presented to, (because of vast availability), look upon a woman wrongly! The Spirit within me presses me in three ways:

1. Because He (Holy Spirit) is there I have love for God and His Word and it tells me to guard my eye gate with all diligence.

2. Because The Woman that He made for man is the most incredible being I have witnesses next to God Himself & respect is needed.

3. The greatest relationship of eternity is the representation of Husband (Jesus) and Wife (The Church)... Holiness must then be present beyond physical union (sex) for it ends here. Yet the example is given for all eternity the understanding of marriage will be a endless continuance in Him.

I have with my reason in His Word come to understand that there is no other way in life but by Him and I am engaged on a moment by moment yielding to His Control by willful expenditure of the being of me to that which is Him- way, truth and life written down to be understood by all who seek Him... Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What was unbiblical?

dear christian, do you think that i denounce the work of god's spirit? if so why?

I am simply addressing the common problem that exists and is very evident in many Christian forums that people air their beefs concerning the WOF and Charismatic believers, without really knowing what they are talking about. It is dangerous ground.

What was unbiblical?

I am simply addressing the common problem that exists and is very evident in many Christian forums that people air their beefs concerning the WOF and Charismatic believers, without really knowing what they are talking about. It is dangerous ground.

as i mentioned before i was involved in the WOF and charismatic movements, in fact they were the very first thing i got involved in once i became a christian

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I know I sound like a broken record as I once again say that we need to become close enough to God to know when He is speaking to us, or moving us, through His Spirit, and approach what people tell you with His discernment. His Spirit, the Holy Spirit as we know Him, was given to us to teach, comfort, convict, and empower those who accept Him in all truth, giving us His peace. Allow His Spirit to live fully in and through you and you will have no questions He will not answer Himself.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Iam him for he is with me so what we say or do mustbe ofhim fr him we should listen to him who is with us in us cause we are him that dwells in our heart we created byhim for him so we are him