Guest timkofu

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

If you want difficulty, try reading the word for word translation in a Interlinear. Here is an example of Psalms 75:1.

<<To the chief Musician, Altaschith, A Psalm [or] Song of Asaph. >> Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, [unto thee] do we give thanks: for [that] thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.

(v1)for•the•one-making-it-premanent must-not-be you-are-cbringing-ruin psalm to•Asaph song (v2) we-cacclaim to•you Elohim we-cacclaim and •near name-of•you they-mrecount things-being-nmarvelous-of•you

In the Interlinear, there is a break in verse one where in our bibles, there is not. The above is a word for word translation. I would include the Hebrew, but I don't know how to do it quick enough. I have to go to work

God Bless

That would so give me a headache lol.

It takes a bit getting use to, but it is well worth the headache in the end! :thumbsup:

Words You Love And Hunger For And Read Over And Over Again Are Not Only A Joy But Meat For The Soul.

It's Easy Peasy And Much More Valuable That Say.... Klingon, HIja'?

HISlaH!!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks joi, i did stop last week in a book store, and looked at chronological but only briefly. I am leaning towards KJV or NKJV, i have tried e-sword, need more practice using it. Now i got blue letter online, but prefer a hard copy book. The Blue letter online looks great to use, i will have to put some time into it.

Blue Letter has a hard copy book? News to me. Thanks for the clue in.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Thanks joi, i did stop last week in a book store, and looked at chronological but only briefly. I am leaning towards KJV or NKJV, i have tried e-sword, need more practice using it. Now i got blue letter online, but prefer a hard copy book. The Blue letter online looks great to use, i will have to put some time into it.

Mis-read loved one! He perfers a hard copy other than computer generated... Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/09/1967

Mis-read loved one! He perfers a hard copy other than computer generated... Love, Steven

Is it the same as the NET Bible? I have downloaded it but haven't used it yet

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

About KJV-Onlyist: I dare anyone to call me a KJV-Onlyist.

What about this statement: Only Throughbreds run in the Kentucky Derby. Does that make me a throughbred-onylist, NO, it is just the truth, only Throughbred run in the Derby, no Quarterhorses, Palominos, or Arabians. I hate the connotations that KJUV-Onlyist has acquired.

Monarch,

As a quick side note, it warms my heart to see a fellow Louisianian on here. I am from the Crowley area.

ok,

Again I am confused.

I don't think I called you a KJV-Onlyist.

I take it your not since you made such a dare.

But then you give the analogy of the Kentucky Derby (they do use quarter horses in the Evangeline Downs if I'm not mistaken ;) ) If only one type of horse is allowed to race, then that race is a "that breed only" race.

Maybe my definition of KJV-Onlyism is skewed. I'm thinking KJV-Onlyist is someone who believes that the KJV is the only true Bible. Hence the term KJV-Onlyism. But then again I'm just a lowly layman who has a Cajun education. I have been horribly wrong before.

I too hate the connotations that KJV-Onlyist have acquired. Both sides do seem to scream at eachother alot. Again in my previous posts I have said many people have come to Christ using many different versions. :noidea: .

I have not read all of the website you have posted. I am planning to read it soon. It does look very interesting.

Your brother in Christ,

L.J.

Brother, I had no one in mind with that dare, btw that was a empty dare of course, I can't reach across the cyber-spame and zap anyone.

Hey, fellow Louisianaian! I love my states history though I have many things against her present. I can't remember if I ever been to Crowley, are you Acadian (Cajun)

The Derby was a poor analogy, I admit. I never have been to Evangeline Downs, but I think that I passed by it once.

About my signature link: There are more interesting links at the bottom of the page that is not with the link buttons.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I wish that the Codex Sinaiticus was completely burned up by the monks of St. Catherine before that "Textus Receptus-hater" found it and the heritics Drs. Hort and Westcott translated it into English.

Is God going to find you on the side of Satan and the greatest attack against the Word of God.

Congratulations brother. You have now been said to have made an outrageous comment by N'Christ. He said that of me in post #33. So what if you are called KJV-only? I couldn't care less if I wear those kind of labels. I don't have any problem with what you said. I agree with you 100 percent. Keep standing up for the truth. Yes, it can be lonely, but look at people like the Prophet Jeremiah. It was basically him against the entire Jewish remnant. Nobody believed him either, but he was vindicated, and I believe you will be too.

Acknowledged, thanks. Satan has never wrecked havoc on the Church as he has with the Codex Sinaiticus, Codex Vaticanus, and Modern versions (perversions).

Do you know what the Jesuits think about the true Word of God? Here is a quote from The Jesuits in History , where he quotes from a Jesuit meeting in Cheri, Italy in 1825, and gives us shocking insight as to the Jesuits' true view of the Bible: "Then the Bible, that serpent which with head erect and eyes flashing, threatens us (the Jesuits) with its venom while it trails along the ground, shall be changed into a rod as soon as we (the Jesuits) are able to seize it…for three centuries past this cruel asp has left us no repose. You well know with what folds it entwines us and with what fangs it gnaws us." (The Jesuits in History, Hector Macpherson, Ozark Book Publishers, 1997, Appendix 1).

[The Jesuits in this quote are talking about the Textus Receptus]

I can't reply to anyone until I go to the library

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

No matter how you slice it or dice it (what Bible to read), if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior............. you might as well read the cartoon section in the newspaper, you won't get any farther ahead, you'll be just treading water and not getting anywhere.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Being anti-KJV-only is not being anti-KJV. We are not hostile to the KJV and appreciate it. We are not guilty of bibliolatry by exalting an imperfect translation as perfect. It is fair game to criticize weakness and error in KJV, just as KJV-only is wrongly hostile to any other version. Our hostility is to a simplistic, arrogant, ignorant position, not the Word of God as represented in the good, but not best, KJV.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

This is a difficult question. We no longer have the original writings of the Holy Scriptures. Even the oldest texts like the DSS are copies of copies. The best translations in my opinion are the NASB sometimes the KJV and NIV. All of those have strengths and weaknesses, and generally you should try to get a parrallell Bible, never trust ONLY one translation, as all translations are of men and subject to unintentional error. Pray for guidance and ask God to show you the true meaning of scripture. One word of warning. MANY modern translations are NOT created by Christians, and have actually been changed alot to be politically correct. AVOID THESE. Remember the warning God gave in Revelation about people who would change a single letter in his Holy Word.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/09/1967

This is a difficult question. We no longer have the original writings of the Holy Scriptures. Even the oldest texts like the DSS are copies of copies. The best translations in my opinion are the NASB sometimes the KJV and NIV. All of those have strengths and weaknesses, and generally you should try to get a parrallell Bible, never trust ONLY one translation, as all translations are of men and subject to unintentional error. Pray for guidance and ask God to show you the true meaning of scripture. One word of warning. MANY modern translations are NOT created by Christians, and have actually been changed alot to be politically correct. AVOID THESE. Remember the warning God gave in Revelation about people who would change a single letter in his Holy Word.

I am curious, which translations are not created by Christians? I know of the JW's version but are there others?