IGNORED

The possibly False teachings of OSAS and Eternal Security

oak

Guest shiloh357
shiloh357, on 12 February 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Shiloh... I'm not relying on feelings... I am pointing out that for some people, the way they lives their life DOES make it hard for them to know if they are a genuine Christian, and thus, whether ES can rightfully be applied to them.

If a person claiming to be a Christian can live in sin and enjoy it, they should find it difficult to know or think they are a genuine believer. They should have some questions and doubts about the authenticity of their profession of faith.

OK great, so these people, while they may actually be backslidden but saved, should rightfully have no assurance of salvation. That's all I am saying .

No, you are still missing my point. If a person claiming to be a Christian can live in sin and enjoy it, they should question the authenticity of their profession of faith because that person is NOT Christian. When a genuine Christian tries to live in sin, they cannot enjoy it because of the powerful conviction of the Holy Spirit. IThf a person can live in sin and enjoy without conviction of sin, that is an indicator that they are not a child of God. Children of God struggle with sin, they are under conviction. The Holy Spirit gives them no rest. There are lots of religious people who claim to be Christians, but see no problem with being fornicators or whatever. That is where red flags go up.

I am borrowing your term (or did you use predicated?). Same thing. You said ES is predicated on being a genuine authentic Christian who by virtue of that, remains faithful.

Two completely different concepts. I am saying that ES founded upon the assumption the assumption of what a true believer is. In other words, ES is not, like some try to say, a license to sin. ES is only afforded to those who from the heart, truly trusted in Jesus. The genuineness of their conversion is borne out in how they live. So ES is not for someone who comes to church to be absolved of sins without any genuine repentence. ES only applies to those who are genuine followers of Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

shiloh357, on 12 February 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Shiloh... I'm not relying on feelings... I am pointing out that for some people, the way they lives their life DOES make it hard for them to know if they are a genuine Christian, and thus, whether ES can rightfully be applied to them.

If a person claiming to be a Christian can live in sin and enjoy it, they should find it difficult to know or think they are a genuine believer. They should have some questions and doubts about the authenticity of their profession of faith.

OK great, so these people, while they may actually be backslidden but saved, should rightfully have no assurance of salvation. That's all I am saying .

No, you are still missing my point. If a person claiming to be a Christian can live in sin and enjoy it, they should question the authenticity of their profession of faith because that person is NOT Christian. When a genuine Christian tries to live in sin, they cannot enjoy it because of the powerful conviction of the Holy Spirit. IThf a person can live in sin and enjoy without conviction of sin, that is an indicator that they are not a child of God. Children of God struggle with sin, they are under conviction. The Holy Spirit gives them no rest. There are lots of religious people who claim to be Christians, but see no problem with being fornicators or whatever. That is where red flags go up.

Uh well I don't quite agree... I lived for 5 years as a spirit filled Christian then went back into the world. I sinned and loved it. Then I came back. Did I get saved, unsaved, then resaved, or, was I just a backslidden Christian who for a time quelled the Spirit and enjoyed sin? Neither options seem that favourable for you.

I am borrowing your term (or did you use predicated?). Same thing. You said ES is predicated on being a genuine authentic Christian who by virtue of that, remains faithful.

Two completely different concepts. I am saying that ES founded upon the assumption the assumption of what a true believer is. In other words, ES is not, like some try to say, a license to sin. ES is only afforded to those who from the heart, truly trusted in Jesus. The genuineness of their conversion is borne out in how they live. So ES is not for someone who comes to church to be absolved of sins without any genuine repentence. ES only applies to those who are genuine followers of Jesus.

Shiloh, don't you see that this shifts the onus onto "Am I a genuine follower of Jesus"???

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

IF (and not by big IF) you could have 100% assurance that you were a genuine Christian, I'd agree you could then have assurance of salvation. But given the bible talks about those who did think they were Christians and just turned out to be religious, I think that is a tough ask.

And for what it's worth, I am not one of those who says salvation is lost because of sin.

Phil 2:12-13

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

NKJV

If we do not have works it is because we are in the way of The Workings of God in us... we have been purchased

by God's Own Son's life and now we are to enable by disabling ourselves and our desires and being a sacrifice to

God's use... This should produce His Witness within us to others-> even ourselves

Rom 8:16-17

16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The struggle with knowing that I am God's possession and therefore eternally secure in my state of being in Christ Jesus lies

within the aspect of dying to self and living to God... as we read the Holy Scriptures God reveals thought and intents to us

personally ->if<- the truly hinged portion in obedience we are wanting His Way, His Will, His resulting pleasure in us then we

have a no limitation bar set but are in fact simply willing-> no matter the personal cost to self! No consideration other than His and

a broken and contrite heart and spirit by the knowing if God does not perform His Way within us we will be walking in our own

and our way is death but His Life... Hence if I am resolved in service to God and am being poured out ... I am left with only God's

Holy reservoir of sustenance flowing through me to others this becomes a state of being that Paul speaks of

Gal 2:17-21

17 "But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

NKJV

we become witnesses of the witness of God within... the walk of faith is so very perfect in that our God High and lifted up

yet within us personally instructing His pleasure within us by sight in The Word and doing in the body. Love, Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Uh well I don't quite agree... I lived for 5 years as a spirit filled Christian then went back into the world. I sinned and loved it. Then I came back. Did I get saved, unsaved, then resaved, or, was I just a backslidden Christian who for a time quelled the Spirit and enjoyed sin? Neither options seem that favourable for you.

My understanding is that any Believer can get caught up in the pleasures of sin for a season...each one of us that names the name of Jesus as L-rd and Saviour has the choice and the ability to step

back into the things the world offers and squeeze the juice out of it...some will die in that condition, without the opportunity to repent and see the fruit of righteousness develop in their lives...it

can happen across the board including Pastors and others in trusted leadership positions.

I believe it shows the draw and the lure of the world, when we take our eyes off Jesus...which is why we are warned to literally run as fast as we can in the opposite direction when such temptations

come against us or we are drawn and lured by the lusts of our unrenerate flesh.

The result is always 'death'...spiritual death and sometimes physical death, but I don't believe this equates with eternal death.

1Cor 3:15 If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

James 1: 12 Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

1Cor 6:18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

Romans 8: 12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

All the time we are on this planet and know we have been saved through the blood of Jesus, we have the opportunity to know Him more and more intimately, and in coming to know Him, we get to understand more

fully the extent of the salvation He has wrought for us as sinful individuals so that part of the joy of the Holy Ghost that bubbles up inside each of has has its roots in better understanding the 'debt' or 'obligation' we

have to live, not according to the flesh, but rather the Spirit.

Some Christians wrongly believe that we are immune from temptation when we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, and are then utterly discouraged when they fall into sin

I believe the word to any brethren that fall into sin and perhaps disqualify themselves from returning to the L-rd because they feel they have done it again or gone too far or can never be an overcomer...is.....

you are no different from countless other Believers who have struggled in the same way and had to come to a place where they truly repented and allowed

G-d to change them...the lie is that you will always fail....the truth is that in the L-rd Jesus you can be washed clean and begin to be an overcomer, motivated by the love of G-d...perfection will always allude us, but

if we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us, we will be being perfected...what a glorious challenge.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

If you read through this very lengthy thread, you will find disagreement among virtually everyone. There are some that are more in the Eternal Security camp or OSAS camp, but they all have their own unique take on the matter. The same thing applies to those who reject Eternal Security or OSAS. We all look at it differen't, based on our own conclusions. I would hope that such a disagreement won't effect one's salvation, or we are all in trouble, because it seems no two people are exactly the same. If you have to have it precisely right, we are in trouble, and it is possible we could all be wrong to one degree or another? :noidea:

Hi Butero,

I have read through this thread, and many like it over the years.

I believe that there are nuances of different understanding as you point out...but I also think that all of us would agree that we are here to run the race set before us, and are not looking for excuses

for why we can continue in sin or make light of the gift of salvation made available to us through the blood of our Saviour...at the end of the day, we want to do our utmost for His highest, and to

hear those words when we are finally before Him...

'Well done Butero, well done Botz...you ran the race, you overcame in the blood of the Lamb..welcome, welcome.'

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

If our confidence in our salvation rests in ourselves it is an act of arrogance, if we think we are going to heaven because we deserve to, this is unspeakably arrogant!

There are basically four kinds of people:- (1) those who are not saved and know they are not saved, (2) those who are saved and do not know they are saved , (3) those who are saved and know they are saved, (4) those that are not saved who “know” they are saved.

It is the latter we should concern ourselves about in our walk as believers.

Why do some people think they are saved? Because their belief stems from a false understanding of what salvation requires or entails. And herein lays a huge and dangerous problem for the body of the church. Many people are resting their hopes of salvation on their own good works, and the message of justification by faith alone has not penetrated. They are quite willing to admit they are not perfect, but assume they are good enough, have done their best, and that, tragically, is good enough for God. “I have done my best” - it is not necessary to review our entire lives to see how specious that statement is; the last 24 hours will suffice! God requires perfection to get into His heaven, and if we think we can find perfection in ourselves we are deluded and the truth is not in us.

Are these tough statements?

We may think we have faith when we don’t. We may think we believe in Christ, but He is not the biblical Christ. We may think we love God but the god we love is an idol.

Do we love a God who is sovereign, who sends people to hell, who demands absolute obedience, and who commands absolute love for Him, and towards our fellow man? Do we love a Christ who will say to some at the end of the days “Depart from me I never knew you” The question is not whether we love this God perfectly, the question is do we love this God at all? There is no “in between”. Our God is a God of absolutes, of pure truth. There is nowhere you can hide, no sin you can explain away, no thought He does not know. Telling someone you are saved means nothing, walking in God’s saving grace is everything! We either love Him with the very fibre of our being, or we do not love Him at all.

Are these tough questions?

Biblically we must realise that it is not only possible to have a genuine assurance of our salvation, but that it is our duty to seek it. If such assurance is possible, and commanded, it is arrogant not to seek it!

There is a way provided!

2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,

2Pe 1:6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness,

2Pe 1:7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

2Pe 1:8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Pe 1:9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

2Pe 1:10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.

2Pe 1:11 For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ.

Here is the mandate to make our election sure!

Self audit is hard!

To have assurance we must make a sober audit of our lives. We cannot compare ourselves to others,

as there will always be others more advanced in their sanctification than are we. No two people are

ever exactly in the same place in their growth. We must ask ourselves if we see any real change in

our outward evidence of inward grace. This is fraught with danger because we lie to ourselves, but it

is not impossible! We can fool ourselves and others, but we cannot for one second, one pre-second,

one past second, fool God. He already knows, so what is the point?

One way is through the internal witness of the Holy Spirit.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Rom 8:17 and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer

with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

The main way the Spirit testifies is through the Word. We have greater assurance when we are

meditating on the Word of God. If we neglect this means of grace, it is difficult to have any lasting or

strong assurance of our salvation.

I believe once saved always saved, but I also question if some of us are really saved in the first

place, or are yet saved, even as we believe. We serve a demanding, loving, righteous, and sovereign

God. We serve a God that demands perfection but who knows we can never achieve it, and through

His grace offers us salvation.

But we have to work at it, because if we don’t, can we be sure we are saved? Because ultimately it is

all about Him and His Glory, not us. He created for His Glory and the heavens declare this. He did not

create us for our pleasure.

Saying I am saved does not make it so, wishing it does not make it so; working at it constantly will

make it so.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1958

I would like to change my position on OSAS. In my first post on this topic, I related a personal witness and concluded that we could never know if OSAS was true or not because we could never know the heart of any individual to know whether they were truly saved to begin with. While I continue to maintain that only God knows the heart for sure, I now believe that OSAS is incorrect. And, I most certainly agree with Romans 8:38 & 39:

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

All things listed in that verse are external forces. The verse does not negate our free will.

I now believe, given the volume of scripture that cautions us to fight the good fight, put on the full armor of God, resist the adversary and many other admonitions, that it is possible to walk away from God even after being saved. Indeed, scripture implores us to be vigilant that we do NOT slip into sin and lose the precious gift given us.

If this beautiful and precious gift of salvation required no maintenance, if it came with no personal responsibility for its care, would it be as valuable?

God is perfect and His plans are perfect.

While it is possible for us to slip away, stumble, fall, and make fools of ourselves, Jesus is always there holding out His hand, ready to lift us up and out of the crashing waves.

Let us always keep our eyes on Him.

Be blessed, oh ye saints.

:)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

My understanding is that any Believer can get caught up in the pleasures of sin for a season...each one of us that names the name of Jesus as L-rd and Saviour has the choice and the ability to step

back into the things the world offers and squeeze the juice out of it...some will die in that condition, without the opportunity to repent and see the fruit of righteousness develop in their lives...it

can happen across the board including Pastors and others in trusted leadership positions.

I believe it shows the draw and the lure of the world, when we take our eyes off Jesus...which is why we are warned to literally run as fast as we can in the opposite direction when such temptations

come against us or we are drawn and lured by the lusts of our unrenerate flesh.

The result is always 'death'...spiritual death and sometimes physical death, but I don't believe this equates with eternal death.

1Cor 3:15 If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

James 1: 12 Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

1Cor 6:18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

Romans 8: 12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

All the time we are on this planet and know we have been saved through the blood of Jesus, we have the opportunity to know Him more and more intimately, and in coming to know Him, we get to understand more

fully the extent of the salvation He has wrought for us as sinful individuals so that part of the joy of the Holy Ghost that bubbles up inside each of has has its roots in better understanding the 'debt' or 'obligation' we

have to live, not according to the flesh, but rather the Spirit.

Some Christians wrongly believe that we are immune from temptation when we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, and are then utterly discouraged when they fall into sin

I believe the word to any brethren that fall into sin and perhaps disqualify themselves from returning to the L-rd because they feel they have done it again or gone too far or can never be an overcomer...is.....

you are no different from countless other Believers who have struggled in the same way and had to come to a place where they truly repented and allowed

G-d to change them...the lie is that you will always fail....the truth is that in the L-rd Jesus you can be washed clean and begin to be an overcomer, motivated by the love of G-d...perfection will always allude us, but

if we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us, we will be being perfected...what a glorious challenge.

I'm sorry if I missed it Botz, but what was your answer to my condition while backslidden? I was either unsaved, or was saved and yet living in and loving sin while rejecting Christ. I find both options rather damaging to the OSAS/ES position. Of course you could suggest I was never saved to begin with, but my personal experience of the Lord before I fell away was undeniable. Thoughts? noidea.gif

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Eternal Salvation

Eternal Security

100% Assurance of Salvation

Once Saved, Always Saved

These are ALL the SAME THING, first being based with a pre-condition that one was TRULY SAVED in the first place. The PROMISES of God are given, so AMEN! - DONE! - ETERNAL! - FOREVER! The side issues are just that - side issues that do not pertain to Salvation or maintenance of Salvation. First hint: God does the work and finishes the work, so all should clearly know that works by man is a side issue. Second hint: all men, Saved or not, sin, so sin is a side issue. Some are constructing a doctrine where NO man could be Saved in the first place or certainly not remain Saved.

For those who don't recognize the SIDE ISSUES, let's get real and talk about them:

How many and what kind of works must a Saved person do to keep their Salvation?

What kind or how much sin will cause a Saved person to lose their Salvation?

Now, go back to a primary TRUTH that Salvation is God's Work and involves God's Promises that He most certainly WILL keep. Salvation is a once in a lifetime event DONE AND ACCOMPLISHED BY GOD FOR ETERNITY. It really is just this simple. Please don't make the mistake of giving man too much credit for a single thing.

I know that GOD doesn't make any mistakes and that GOD'S Plan of Salvation is very simple. The Apostle Paul spoke to many in his ministry about GOD'S Grace and Love in comparison to the Law of Moses. The big point that Paul made was that no man was ever Saved by the Law, and no man could be saved with the Law. There was much confusion among the Jews with the Law because the Law is what they were taught. Paul taught them about a LAW that was always true throughout history - before and after the Cross - The LAW OF FAITH!

Romans 10:4-13 For Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness to every one that believeth. 5 For Moses writeth that the man that doeth the righteousness which is of the law shall live thereby. 6 But the righteousness which is of faith saith thus, Say not in thy heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down:) 7 or, Who shall descend into the abyss? (That is, to bring Christ up from the dead.) 8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach: 9 because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved: 10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be put to shame. 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek: for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him: 13 for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The Apostle Paul spoke of himself as being the least worthy because he hunted, persecuted, and killed Christians before he accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. In contrast, he talked about belief in Jesus Christ and how that belief was not in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:1-10 Now I make known unto you brethren, the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye received, wherein also ye stand, 2 by which also ye are saved, if ye hold fast the word which I preached unto you, except ye believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which also I received: that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 and that he was buried; and that he hath been raised on the third day according to the scriptures; 5 and that he appeared to Cephas; then to the twelve; 6 then he appeared to above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain until now, but some are fallen asleep; 7 then he appeared to James; then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to the child untimely born, he appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

In fact, the Apostle Paul talked about how men of all ages were Saved, and it was always through Faith in God and not by the Law of Moses. Faith in GOD was accounted as Righteousness to Abraham and David, and that was long before the Cross. How MUCH MORE would these things be TRUE after the CROSS when Jesus Christ Himself died on the Cross for the sins of men who would believe. NOW, THE LAW OF FAITH in JESUS CHRIST sets men completely free from the "curse of sin and death". Finally, GOD is completely pleased and satisfied with a Perfect Sacrifice who was JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF on the CROSS. Before, men made sacrifices and burnt offerings for their sins and had temporary forgiveness and peace with GOD. Continuing sacrifices and offerings were necessary because no man was perfect and all men sinned. Abraham and David sinned, but they had FAITH in GOD. They were not always at Peace with GOD because of their sin, but they were SAVED because of GOD'S GREAT LOVE, GRACE, and their FAITH in GOD. Paul kept explaining how MUCH MORE NOW since JESUS CHRIST paid the Perfect Price and the Perfect Sacrifice on the Cross. NOW, men of FAITH in GOD could not only be SAVED, but they could have EVERLASTING PEACE WITH GOD because of the Perfect and Completed Work of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS. Man has never been SAVED by works or the Law of Moses.

Ephesians 2:1-10 And you did he make alive, when ye were dead through your trespasses and sins, 2 wherein ye once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the powers of the air, of the spirit that now worketh in the sons of disobedience; 3 among whom we also all once lived in the lust of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest: - 4 but God, being rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace have ye been saved), 6 and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus: 7 that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus: 8 for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not of works, that no man should glory. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God afore prepared that we should walk in them.

No man can please GOD with man's righteousness or man's work, but GOD is completely Pleased with the Righteousness and Work of JESUS CHRIST - The SON OF GOD THE FATHER HIMSELF - THE CREATOR - ALMIGHTY GOD HIMSELF - ONE WITH THE FATHER!

Titus 3:4-7 But when the kindness of God our Saviour, and his love toward man, appeared, 5 not by works done in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 which he poured out upon us richly, through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 that, being justified by his grace, we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

God gets ALL of the Glory - NOT man!