IGNORED

Could you vote for a Mormon in the Whitehouse?

JohnD

Would this have devastating effects on evangelism and the eternal destiny of others?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Could you vote for a Mormon in the Whitehouse?

• Yes
    • No
    • there are extenuating circumstances I'll address in posts

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Here's the issue, as I see it:

1) Romney's a Mormon---his dad was born in Mexico, which makes Mitt----an anchor baby....(this is just a joke, y'all...)

2) If Romney was elected, how much of a chance do you think of him getting a bill passed for him to sign that reinstates polygamy? Quite a bit, actually. I read a piece on him on msnbc.com, and his grandfather moved their family to Mexico to get away from the persecution. Most of the Mormons that moved into Mexico were polygamists.

3) The state of Utah was admitted to statehood after the Mormons did one thing: they had to ban polygamy in order to become a state of the Union. Again, it is very possible that Romney can reverse this situation, however, as I understand it (and I *might* be wrong), if Utah votes to reinstate polygamy, that will violate their agreement with the US and *possibly* revoke their statehood.

I don't agree with Romney, but I lived in the state of Michigan most of my life and his dad, George, was a pretty decent guy. However, I have this feeling that people are going to vote either for Romney or for Obama because there is no one else in the running that's "stable" enough. Gingrich (Mr. Getting-Rich) is unreliable, and you don't want to hear my opinions on Ron Paul, trust me. I'd rather see Santorum in the executive office.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Here's the issue, as I see it:

1) Romney's a Mormon---his dad was born in Mexico, which makes Mitt----an anchor baby....(this is just a joke, y'all...)

2) If Romney was elected, how much of a chance do you think of him getting a bill passed for him to sign that reinstates polygamy? Quite a bit, actually. I read a piece on him on msnbc.com, and his grandfather moved their family to Mexico to get away from the persecution. Most of the Mormons that moved into Mexico were polygamists.

3) The state of Utah was admitted to statehood after the Mormons did one thing: they had to ban polygamy in order to become a state of the Union. Again, it is very possible that Romney can reverse this situation, however, as I understand it (and I *might* be wrong), if Utah votes to reinstate polygamy, that will violate their agreement with the US and *possibly* revoke their statehood.

I don't agree with Romney, but I lived in the state of Michigan most of my life and his dad, George, was a pretty decent guy. However, I have this feeling that people are going to vote either for Romney or for Obama because there is no one else in the running that's "stable" enough. Gingrich (Mr. Getting-Rich) is unreliable, and you don't want to hear my opinions on Ron Paul, trust me. I'd rather see Santorum in the executive office.

There are so many perverted laws now like pro gay, abortion, etc. that it makes me sick thinking about it. If polygamy is allowed, what can I say, "this country will surely be doomed".

Santorum :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Here's the choice you will be given.....Mormon or Muslim/Christian/Satanist

None of the above is a vote for the satanist, btw

Yod, who is the Satanist?

The one who says he is a christian and a mormon, depending on the audience, yet worships himself and demands to be treated as a god.

The one who says he is a christian and a mormon, depending on the audience, yet worships himself and demands to be treated as a god.

Marvellous blink.gif

1 John 3

7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

So to my Mormon friend I'm a Satanist? Come on, we shouldn't stretch the truth.

Come on now, Cobalt knows far more about Mormonism than you give him credit for. I'd tread carefully.

What's your point?

There is no middle ground. You are a child of God or you are a child of the devil. No two ways about it.

Before you believed you were a child of the devil, and intentionally or not you were working for the devil.

There is a distinction between a satanist and someone who doesn't conform to christian theological definitions of who is a son of the devil.