WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Tensions in the Gulf could reach a breaking point as a senior Iranian official said Iran would "definitely" close the Strait of Hormuz if an EU oil embargo disrupted the export of crude oil.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/rt-com-news-iran-close-strait-hormuz-embargo-455-/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Tensions in the Gulf could reach a breaking point as a senior Iranian official said Iran would "definitely" close the Strait of Hormuz if an EU oil embargo disrupted the export of crude oil.

http://www.worthynew...z-embargo-455-/

They keep pounding the drums of war but....are they serious? I personally believe Iran is being governed by psychopaths. :blink:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

They keep pounding the drums of war but....are they serious? I personally believe Iran is being governed by psychopaths. :blink:

One of the biggest problems is that it's never clear who if anyone governs Iraq as there are lots of internal divisions and rivalries between different individuals and groups within the power structure. As to being psychopaths, well if there are threats severe limitations put upon their ability to export oil, threatening the ability of other Gulf states to export and limiting the access of the rest of the world to much needed Gulf oil is a risky but not incoprehesible political strategy.

One of the biggest problems is that it's never clear who if anyone governs Iraq as there are lots of internal divisions and rivalries between different individuals and groups within the power structure. As to being psychopaths, well if there are threats severe limitations put upon their ability to export oil, threatening the ability of other Gulf states to export and limiting the access of the rest of the world to much needed Gulf oil is a risky but not incoprehesible political strategy.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Amor, my friend, it is Iran, not Iraq, that is threatening to close the Straight of Hormuz. Their political system has not changed in some time.

??? No.....I'm talking about Iran. They are a theocracy and internal divisions are clamped down on hard.

[

??? No.....I'm talking about Iran. They are a theocracy and internal divisions are clamped down on hard.

So was I, sadly one of my fingers clearly disagreed with me.

Iran is a theocracy and as was seen after the 2009 elections willing to fix elections and clamp down on those it sees as threats to the conservatives that dominate the regime. However there are clearly divisions and rivalries at all levels between those who are actually in power.For example, over a very long period, between the President and the Speaker of the (Majlis) Parliament seehere and here; or between the Khameni (the "Supreme Leader") and the President, see here

Members of the ruling elite are having the supporters of fellow elite members arrested, hardly an indication of a united focuses society; and there's no real indication that one side in the feud is capable of fully clamping down on the other.

So was I, sadly one of my fingers clearly disagreed with me.

Iran is a theocracy and as was seen after the 2009 elections willing to fix elections and clamp down on those it sees as threats to the conservatives that dominate the regime. However there are clearly divisions and rivalries at all levels between those who are actually in power.For example, over a very long period, between the President and the Speaker of the (Majlis) Parliament seehere and here; or between the Khameni (the "Supreme Leader") and the President, see here

Members of the ruling elite are having the supporters of fellow elite members arrested, hardly an indication of a united focuses society; and there's no real indication that one side in the feud is capable of fully clamping down on the other.

True. I personally see Iran as the greatest threat to world peace but, at the same time, I believe that country is in a bad way. They hide their high unemployment and drug use rates and overstate their resources and military might. I wish that Mr. Bush had taken them down instead of Saddam Hussein, as I have said before.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You may want to read this bit of news posted a couple of days ago. From what I gather, there will be one side eliminating the other.

WN: Iran Preparing Now for Armageddon - WND