Proof that Christians are not allowed to have opinions

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

A 15 year old boy was asked to write and opinion piece for his school newspaper on the merits of homosexual couples adopting children. Then, when he dared to suggest that it is wrong (and worse, quoted Bible verses to support his position) he was punished and threatened by school officials.

See article, here.

After the op-ed was published, a gay couple whose child attend s the high school, complained.

The school immediately issued an apology – stating Wegner’s opinion was a “form of bullying and disrespect.”

“Offensive articles cultivating a negative environment of disrespect are not appropriate or condoned by the Shawano School District,” the statement read. “We sincerely apologize to anyone we may have offended and are taking steps to prevent items of this nature from happening in the future.”

See the boy's original article, as well as the opposing view that was included with it.

I read it and saw nothing that I would describe as even remotely akin to "bullying" and/or "disrespect." But then, we now live in a society where anyone who does not openly embrace, support, and even champion gay/homosexual causes is labeled a bigot and far worse.

I am no fan of frivolous lawsuits and am not really sure if this situation warrants one or not, but at the very least, the school system should have to issue an apology to the boy for their behavior. I'd be amazed if that actually happened, however.

These types of things are happening all the time and we need the wisdom oF God to discern how to repond. Do we respond head on or do we become wise as serpents but as gentle as doves.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  366
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

A 15 year old boy was asked to write and opinion piece for his school newspaper on the merits of homosexual couples adopting children. Then, when he dared to suggest that it is wrong (and worse, quoted Bible verses to support his position) he was punished and threatened by school officials.

See article, here.

After the op-ed was published, a gay couple whose child attend s the high school, complained.

The school immediately issued an apology – stating Wegner’s opinion was a “form of bullying and disrespect.”

“Offensive articles cultivating a negative environment of disrespect are not appropriate or condoned by the Shawano School District,” the statement read. “We sincerely apologize to anyone we may have offended and are taking steps to prevent items of this nature from happening in the future.”

See the boy's original article, as well as the opposing view that was included with it.

I read it and saw nothing that I would describe as even remotely akin to "bullying" and/or "disrespect." But then, we now live in a society where anyone who does not openly embrace, support, and even champion gay/homosexual causes is labeled a bigot and far worse.

I am no fan of frivolous lawsuits and am not really sure if this situation warrants one or not, but at the very least, the school system should have to issue an apology to the boy for their behavior. I'd be amazed if that actually happened, however.

They are testing the boundaries, if people stand up for the truth then get pushed back they need supporters to help them, if no one speaks up against sodomy and say why it's wrong then people will be conditioned to accepting sodomy and when it is accepted it is hard for people to reverse think and see that it is wrong. All subtle, this 15 year old is brave and he should be on here, perhaps he could learn about the Lord Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Think some of the biggest hurdles anyone who stands for God's word faces is the hatred. Cannot tell anyone just how many times I have heard or seen the hateful term homophobic...applied to anyone who is not in favor of marriage outside of that of one man to one woman.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know. Amazing how those that cry against "hate" act in the most hateful ways to combat it.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Birthday:  01/18/1992

facepalm.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

facepalm.jpg

Am I missing something lol ? Whats the point in this picture Robot ....

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Birthday:  01/18/1992

facepalm.jpg

thats me feeling dissapointed about this whole scenario.. the boy was asked to write his opinion, and he did. but of course, just because he's a christian, it makes him "ignorant", and "disrespectful".. i thought we were entitled to have our own beliefs/opinions..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

facepalm.jpg

thats me feeling dissapointed about this whole scenario.. the boy was asked to write his opinion, and he did. but of course, just because he's a christian, it makes him "ignorant", and "disrespectful".. i thought we were entitled to have our own beliefs/opinions..

We're entitled to do and say that which we are bold enough to go with. Christians have been standing down and now is the time to stop such behavior. We can only be persecuted or marginalized if we allow ourselves to be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,158
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We're entitled to do and say that which we are bold enough to go with. Christians have been standing down and now is the time to stop such behavior. We can only be persecuted or marginalized if we allow ourselves to be.

hatoff.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

facepalm.jpg

Thought you were 16-22 lol