• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

THUD blink.gif

Your minimization of the NT is showing. . .causing you to omit a few salient details.

1) The last 1/3 of the Book was not written until over 400 years after (that's older than the U.S.) the last page of the first 2/3 of the Book was written.

So what? Really, what does this tell us? Absolutely nothing!

2) And that last 1/3 of the Book claims to be new revelation not given in the first 2/3 of the Book (Ro 16:25-26; Eph 3:4-5, 9-11).

Well, that isn't quite true, Eleanor. Much of what is in the NT is the fulfilment of what we see in the OT. There are very very few things that were a new revelation in the NT. You can't make sweeping claims that the entire NT is not contained in the OT when that is patently false.

3) Furthermore, that last 1/3 of the Book claims the revelation given there by the Son of God is superior to the revelation given in the first 2/3 of the Book by the prophets (Heb 1:1-3).

Yet you make out as if the revelation of God in the OT should be discarded. Here is Heb 1:

1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 [a]in these last days has spoken to us [b]in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [c]world. 3 [d]And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and [e]upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellentname than they.

Where in this is it saying that the revelation is superior???

Now, that's not just minor descriptive matter, that is seriously major consequential matter.

And the obvious consequences are: the first 2/3 of the Book must be "updated" where necessary to conform to the new revelation given by the Son of God in the last 1/3 of the Book.

No, the OT NEVER EVER needs to be updated. It stands as it is. It is genuine history, still reveals God's nature, still reveals His plan of redemption, and doesn't need to be fiddled with by anyone. How else do you understand the permanent sacrifice of Jesus and His role as High Priest unless it is in the unadultered context of the OT? Don't update it at all.

That is the plain Word of God in Ro 16:25-26; Eph 3:4-5, 9-11 which must be reckoned with.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Is there some reason you are responding to my posts to yod?

This is an open forum where anyone can reply to any post.

... And the obvious consequences are: the first 2/3 of the Book must be "updated" where necessary to conform to the new revelation given by the Son of God in the last 1/3 of the Book.

That is the plain Word of God in Ro 16:25-26; Eph 3:4-5, 9-11 which must be reckoned with....

I Reckon

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

I Do

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 31:31-37

I Do

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart. Zechariah 12:9-14

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Eleanor if you want a private debate, open up a soapbox. Otherwise, it is open for all.

Is there some reason you are responding to my posts to yod....

This is an open forum where anyone can reply to any post....

:thumbsup:

Good Stuff To Think On

And To Talk About

It Happens To Poor Yod A LOT :24: :24: :24:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Do all Messianic Jews of today have the same story?

Is it a story I have not heard and with which I am not familiar?

It is clear that you do not know.

And even more that you do not care.

And it is likewise clear you are displaying a lack of skill in Board etiquette.

and the OT revelation must be understood in the light of that new revelation, that all those were only temporary.

Ah, but what is missing...

Col. 2

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day- 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come ; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Of what use is the shadow if you do not understand it?

Can you explain how food or drink is a shadow of what is to come?

Can you explain the festivals, explaining how they are shadows of what is to come? Do you not have to understand the festival in order to see the richness of the mysteries of God for which they manifest?

What is a "new moon" and how does it shadow what is to come?

I won't ask the Sabbath because this one is already explained in Hebrews.

And it is likewise clear you are displaying a lack of skill in Board etiquette.

I would appreciate your explanation on that.

See One Light's post

Do all Messianic Jews of today have the same story?

Is it a story I have not heard and with which I am not familiar?

It is clear that you do not know.

And even more that you do not care.

Well, that's informative.

So I take that to mean I won't be hearing their story as you requested.

Your choice.

I said I wish you could interact with them. I did not say I had the means to create such an interaction.

Your train of thought is hard to follow.