joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

http://propheticoutreach.blogspot.com/2008/05/why-i-no-longer-believe-in-7-years-of.html

May 27, 2008

Why I No Longer Believe in the 7 Years of Tribulation

Why I no longer believe in-------

SEVEN YEARS OF TRIBULATION.

For more than twenty five years I was a staunch pre-tribulationist. You can read my testimony at http://www.propheticoutreach.blogspot.com . After reading the “Pre Wrath Rapture” by Marvin Rosenthal in 1998, I began a search for the truth regarding Bible Prophesy, and in particular------Bible Eschatology. I had known as much, or maybe more, about the Pre-Tribulation Rapture, that most PEW SHEEP in the “church” of America. I knew all about the “Seventieth Week of Daniel”, and the source of that late eschatology. The whole “SEVEN YEARS OF TRIBULATION” hinges on Daniel 9:27, and the revelation by an Angel that reads as such-----“and he shall confirm the covenant with many for ONE WEEK [of years], and in the MIDST of the week [shabbat—7], he shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease”. This verse has been translated by modern eschatologists to mean that the future ANTICHRIST will cause the [re-instituted] sacrifice [in the Tribulation Temple], to cease in the “midst” of the “seventieth week of Daniel” which is a FUTURE------SEVEN YEAR EVENT. Multitudes, upon multitudes, of books have been written about this particular eschatology. It has become so pervasive in contemporary Christianity so as to cause the words “seven years of tribulation” to spill off the lips of even the LEAST of prophecy students as cliché as “cleanliness is next to godliness”---------and just as un-biblical!

I printed this out so that I could better study it and found it is 13 pages long, more than I should copy here.

I found this to be a wonderful study and one that I can live with.

I had come to think the tribulation will only last 3-1/2 years, because of the timing of Christ's death, but had not been able to put together the representative Scriptures, such as has been done here.

If what you read here is correct, as I believe it to be - this is what the author said:

----IF THIS ESCHATOLOGY that I have presented IS CORRECT, then you are headed at LIGHT SPEED toward the GREAT TRIBULATION.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i used to believe in the 7 year tribulation, but the more i think about it the less curtain i am for this main reason- jesus said know one can know when his return will be as it will be like a theif in the night. if the 7yr trib. theory is correct then we would be able to pinpoint the date of christ return just by counting down from the 1st day of the 7yr tribulation

Did you actually read the article?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

i used to believe in the 7 year tribulation, but the more i think about it the less curtain i am for this main reason- jesus said know one can know when his return will be as it will be like a theif in the night. if the 7yr trib. theory is correct then we would be able to pinpoint the date of christ return just by counting down from the 1st day of the 7yr tribulation

That would be an impossible task to accomplish, pinpointing when His return will be. It is impossible to pinpoint when the tribulation starts, so there is no way to add a seven year time to this, if you are using the seven year timetable.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I find the 7 year time line a little lacking as a whole blush.gif.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Did you actually read the article?

FYI .. I did download it to Word and will check it out. I see there will be a lot of cross referencing to do between bible versions, since I have a hard time with the KJV language .. it's been awhile.

Thanks for the link ...

Guest shiloh357

That would be true, but only if you knew when the trib actually started.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,436
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am of the pre-trib persuasion and that is not even a consideration, as best I see, for those in that camp! Love, Steven

OneLight, it was not you whom I asked if you actually read the article.

Cobalt, did you see that he said, at the bottom of his dissertation, that he could be wrong and had been before?

• 2 weeks later...

I like to discuss things of this nature to try and flush out errors. Many times you will see things I do not.

I do believe there shall be a seven year tribulation because first, the two witnesses will be on earth teaching the gospel

for 1260 days. Then the antichrist will have that same amount of time, after he kills the two witnesses.

Revelation 11:3

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Daniel 12:7

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Revelation 12:14

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. (I think this is the Church.)

As an aside;

This is an interesting chart: http://www.1260-1290-days-bible-prophecy.org/images/Ezekiel-seige-jerusalem-1260-1290-days.gif