ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Let's take it a step further too and get Biblical as I suggested that Amor do.

There was this place called Babel and everyone spoke the same language all acroos the earth. They had a commonality in religion and language, culture, etc.. They assembled there to make a name for themselves and God saw the motives of their hearts and separated them into different languages. To confound them and to keep them apart from one another so that they wouldn't do far worse.

Meanwhile, there was also this people that God separated unto Himself and they all spoke the same language and had a unique culture that identified them with God. God gave them a name, a place, a blessing, and a Land and that land and those things were jealously guarded. Gods motive was evident in this move.

The two are uniquelly juxtaposed.:wub:

No Nation will survive without it's own unique culture, borders, and name.

What I am talking about in context of Mutli Culturalism that is evident today in the world is more in league with the first example. Borders are coming down and people are coming together under one banner to make a name for themselves. One Religion too. Yet, it's all over the same issue and Gods people.

Multi Culturalism in America is merely a tool to tear down our Nation. believe it or not America has it's own unique culture. That's why it's so hard for Aussies to understand us apparently.:laugh:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I tried to avoid all emotive language like "you are wrong" or "you have a problem".

Time for me to skip out to a less controversial and sensitive topic I think.

Sorry, but I didn't know how else to word it.

Really, it's not the disagreement that is bothering me, but I don't perceive we are understanding each other.

I'm not offended. emot-hug.gif

I just genuinely see multiculturalism as a good thing, and I heartily disagree with Dave when he says "no nation will survive without it's own unique culture".

I'm not saying subversion is right, I'm saying the opposite! But in your own dislike of being subverted, I just wonder whether the same isn't done to others.

For a large number of people, they arrive at our shores as immigrants not because they want to be Australian, but because they want our freedoms. It seems to me like that annoys some people here, that they want people to come to America to be American, not just because they want your freedoms and way of life.

I'm sorry it just seems there is no unoffensive way to say I disagree with you. In love of course, I don't hate any of you or think you are actually racist, I just don't agree. And I struggle to see the benefit of harping on about why I disagree with you, not sure it edifies anyone but the longer I talk the more risk I run of upsetting someone.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just to clarify, when the Hispanic server in the food court says to me, "Hola! Buenos tardes," and call me "Senorita," I have no problem with that.

However, when I ask for what a certain dish is, if he were to use the Spanish words, I would have a problem with that. :online2long:

Likewise, several years ago I worked with a landscape company where most of the employees were Hispanic. I did the best I could to communicate with them with my broken and long-forgotten Spanish from high school/college. But none of them ever made the effort to speak to me in English. And I found out later they were making fun of me for not speaking their language properly.

And I had nothing against any of them.

Well, except for their reluctance to use the port-a-john. Our company was even complained at one time when one of the workers took a number 2 behind the bushes as the apartment complex they were working at.

I think we can agree by this example that not all conformity to the standard of the main culture is a bad thing? :online2long:

Edited by nebula

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm sorry it just seems there is no unoffensive way to say I disagree with you.

Hey, like I said, it isn't so much the disagreement. I think we'd have to see each others' experiences before we can evaluate our perspectives properly. :emot-hug:

Guest shiloh357

The thing you fail to understand is that a Nation implies unity. It's not the multi cultural utopia that secular humanism and most college professors love to imagine.

That's called anarchy.

You should look at the Old Testament some time.:thumbsup:

Dave, are you implying unity comes about through a central language? I live in a melting pot of cultures and down here the idea that multiculturalism and disunity are opposites of 'Nation' is considered intolerant and racist. I don't think you are a racist, but the idea you just put out there is very unpalatable here, gotta say. What is wrong with multiculturalism? Or have I misunderstood you?

It's not working for the British if their PM is to believed. The Muslims in Britain are becoming a major problem.

Multi-culturalism is okay to a point, but for us this is America and we have a culture and a way that we do things. If people want to come here, and if they want to fit in, there are some things they need to do and learning the language is one of them.

We do not give up our identity for the sake of other immigrants. If they want to immigrant here, they are welcome to, but they need to be prepared to be Americans. We have a lot of immigrants who come here for freedom, and they come here for the benefits of the privilege of being a citizen, but their hearts and their allegience are not with this country.

I am tired of labels like "African American, Irish American, Mexican American, Asian American, Muslim American and so on. Either be an American or go back to your country of origin. I am tired of every people group coming over here and demanding we accomodate their "culture." We are a very metropolitan and culturally tolerant nation, but there is a limit.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Ah Shiloh, presumably you're refering to Prime Minister, David Cameron. Odd then that he has a Muslim, Baroness Warsi, as a member of his cabinet and Chairman of his party

Guest shiloh357

Ah Shiloh, presumably you're refering to Prime Minister, David Cameron. Odd then that he has a Muslim, Baroness Warsi, as a member of his cabinet and Chairman of his party

Doesn't matter. He was very public and vocal about the fact that the Muslism community and Britain's attempt at multi-culturalism isn't working. Islam doesn't have a policy of multi-culturalism judging by how Islam is practiced in Islamic countries. Islam's intolerance of other cultures is well-known and is of public record and this is being seen in Britain.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

A house divided cannot stand......to quote someone whose name escapes me at the moment.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

A house divided cannot stand......to quote someone whose name escapes me at the moment.

Oh' well you had to go and bring the Bible into it.:blink::taped::rolleyes::wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Oh' well you had to go and bring the Bible into it.:blink::taped::rolleyes::wub:

Is my face red....:b: .....it was Jesus Himself who said that.......! And, as always, He was right.

Mark: 24 & 25

24"And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand". 25"And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand."