taylor30

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

I realize this may sound like a foolish question, but I am serious. Can anyone show me scriptures that PROVE a person can't be saved after death? For example, how can we know for sure that if an unsaved person dies, he can't plead with God at the pearly gates and repent THEN to be saved?

Please only serious answers, no jokes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I realize this may sound like a foolish question, but I am serious. Can anyone show me scriptures that PROVE a person can't be saved after death? For example, how can we know for sure that if an unsaved person dies, he can't plead with God at the pearly gates and repent THEN to be saved?

The parable of Abe and Lazarus seems to clearly refute that kind of theory.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The parable of Abe and Lazarus

Leave it to an Aussie to call Abraham "Abe"! :laugh:

Guest shiloh357

If that were posssible, why preach the Gospel??? Why should anyone be saved today, if they can live in sin and unblief and then get saved after death?

If unbelievers were to "plead" with God for salvation, on what basis would they plead?? Can they appeal to the notion they were a good person?? "There is none righteous, no not one." (Rom. 3:10)

Can they appeal to good works? "For all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23).

Jesus said this: "I am the Way the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) You can't be saved by any other means, except through Christ. Begging God at the "pearly gates" won't avail anything. Besides, if you die without Jesus, you will not see the gates of heaven. You will enter eternity separated from God and you will be in hell. There will no more hope left for you.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ provides the only means of salvation.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

(Rom 1:16-17)

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

(1Co 1:21)

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only means of salvation there is. If you reject the Gospel, there is no other means of salvation available.

At any rate, man is by default at enmity with God. That will not change at death. In fact, the story of Lazarus and the rich man illustrate this perfectly. The rich man was not repentant. He simply regretted being where he was.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Hebrews 9:27-28 KJV And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Simply Believe On Jesus

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36(a)

Or Not

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36(b)

~

Please only serious answers, no jokes.....

Only Once

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27

No

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye,

than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not,

and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

Joke

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;

and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

Seriously

And I saw a great white throne,

and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life:

and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;

and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them:

and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.

This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:11-15

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

sorry I don't know the exact verse, but God says that it is appointed to man once to die, and then after that is the judgement. In other words once you die, at that moment... it's too you are being judged.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

John 8

24 Therefore I said to you that you shall die in your sins, for if you do not believe that I AM, you shall die in your sins.