ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

WOW!!!! I'm suprised at at all the positive feedback. I saw some other halloween threads and they were all argumentive. This has been the best one yet.

I did go to a church one before and the kids dressed up as BIBLE characters. One of the kids dressed up as a unic. ouch feel the pain men. ehheheheheh!

Thanks for all the advice

ray :b:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

WOW!!!! I'm suprised at at all the positive feedback. I saw some other halloween threads and they were all argumentive. This has been the best one yet.

I did go to a church one before and the kids dressed up as BIBLE characters. One of the kids dressed up as a unic. ouch feel the pain men. ehheheheheh!

Thanks for all the advice

ray :b:

As long as you make the day another God-glorifying day, I see nothing wrong with it. And I don't think God would mind either. :b:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Why the fear of Holloween? I am not refering to the spiritual aspect (that is an individuals to decide about). I am refering to the Candy Tester aspect. Where are you getting the idea dangerous candy from?

Here is the thing. The idea that there is a history of poisoned candy is an urban legend. In the history of the US there has never been a case of a stranger poisoning children on Holloween. There have been a few cases of parents or family members using the stories of poisoning to cover their own foul deeds. But no examples of strangers poisoning kids out of pure malice. (snopes on the subject http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/hallowee.htm )

Its a pity because Holloween is one of our favorite holidays. Its possibly the most communal of holidays as it gets people out and going door to door and meeting each other. Personally I feel it is a vital holiday for this reason alone. To bring people closer together you have to talk to them occaisionally.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Receiving gifts and candy - initiation in to a witchcraft. Some people here will understand what I am talking about. For Christians it is deadly wrong. Your children, grand children and so on, will suffer because of it. But you decide what you need to do.

Guest Called
I don't dress up in costumes any more. I have changed my evil ways.

Now, I just hide behind trees and steal the bags from little kids as they walk by! :D:laugh:

I have my 12 yr old son in training to get them too! :P

t.

:D

:rofl::););)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

About Judgement House

My church has done this for about fifteen years now. It is a walk-through presentation led by a guide, depicting a contemporary situation. It is put on by the youth in our church and deals with a situation that many young people encounter today, such as drugs/drinking, abortion, suicide, etc.

The storyline always involves the death of someone(s) and their eternal destiny because of the choice they made while on earth to either accept or reject Christ. The character that has been in rebellion against God, and even the good person who just never got around to making the decision, end up in Hell. The Christian goes to Heaven.

The tour concludes in a scene at the cross, and then an invitation is given. Mr. Biker and I have served as guides and as counselors to anyone who come forward during the invitation. Every year we have 200-300 salvations. Praise God!

My church will be presenting "The Choice" this year every night from October 27-31.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  142
  • Birthday:  05/20/1970

About Judgement House

My church has done this for about fifteen years now.  It is a walk-through presentation led by a guide, depicting a contemporary situation.  It is put on by the youth in our church and deals with a situation that many young people encounter today, such as drugs/drinking, abortion, suicide, etc. 

The storyline always involves the death of someone(s) and their eternal destiny because of the choice they made while on earth to either accept or reject Christ.  The character that has been in rebellion against God, and even the good person who just never got around to making the decision, end up in Hell.  The Christian goes to Heaven. 

The tour concludes in a scene at the cross, and then an invitation is given.  Mr. Biker and I have served as guides and as counselors to anyone who come forward during the invitation.  Every year we have 200-300 salvations.  Praise God!

My church will be presenting "The Choice" this year every night from October 27-31.

Wow! That is absolutely awesome! Praise God! I wish there was something like that around here!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Apparently there are a few ppl who believe the best alternative to celebrating halloween is by preaching against and condemning those who do. :laugh:

Guest Called
About Judgement House

My church has done this for about fifteen years now. It is a walk-through presentation led by a guide, depicting a contemporary situation. It is put on by the youth in our church and deals with a situation that many young people encounter today, such as drugs/drinking, abortion, suicide, etc.

The storyline always involves the death of someone(s) and their eternal destiny because of the choice they made while on earth to either accept or reject Christ. The character that has been in rebellion against God, and even the good person who just never got around to making the decision, end up in Hell. The Christian goes to Heaven.

The tour concludes in a scene at the cross, and then an invitation is given. Mr. Biker and I have served as guides and as counselors to anyone who come forward during the invitation. Every year we have 200-300 salvations. Praise God!

I have been to one of those and I have to say that it is an awesome evangelism tool! Scared me to death and I am a Christian! LOL! :laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  142
  • Birthday:  05/20/1970

Apparently there are a few ppl who believe the best alternative to celebrating halloween is by preaching against and condemning those who do. :laugh:

:x: