gdemoss

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

This is why some of the people in the Bible seem to live so long. They had another calender, so the ages are not the same. So when someone is 400 years old they are more like 60.

You might want to rethink that a bit.

The Jewish lunar Calendar averages out to be the same length as our current calendar. Each year had twelve month that were all 29 and 30 days. The calendar had leap month years of 13 months to keep the calendar synchronized.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

And here I thought a Biblical year was when a person attended Church all 52 Sundays out of the year. :D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Exo 12: 2 spring

This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.

Exo 34: 22 summer

And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.

Yeah, this one kinda gets me. If we are to understand that spring is the beginning of the year then how is it said that the feast of the ingathering would be at year's end? What then about winter?

Gary

We tend to look at it all with our own ideas of what a calendar should be seen as yet if we look at it this way, the spring is for sowing, sowing seeds as well as the word of God, then we go through each season, watering and dryness. Then we come to the beginning of the harvest where wheat, us, are pruned, refined and finally gathered to Him and brought into the kingdom, or the wheat is harvested and stored in the grain house. Just like farmers today prepare the soil, water and tend it then gather it this is the center of Gods calendar, a prophetic time clock so to speak, the beauty of God to show us things in such simple ways.

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.

And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.

Yeah, this one kinda gets me. If we are to understand that spring is the beginning of the year then how is it said that the feast of the ingathering would be at year's end? What then about winter?

Gary

We tend to look at it all with our own ideas of what a calendar should be seen as yet if we look at it this way, the spring is for sowing, sowing seeds as well as the word of God, then we go through each season, watering and dryness. Then we come to the beginning of the harvest where wheat, us, are pruned, refined and finally gathered to Him and brought into the kingdom, or the wheat is harvested and stored in the grain house. Just like farmers today prepare the soil, water and tend it then gather it this is the center of Gods calendar, a prophetic time clock so to speak, the beauty of God to show us things in such simple ways.

shalom,

Mizz

um...Hi Mizz...ya lost me. Which is sometimes very easy to do. :blink:

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Gary

shalom,

Mizz

this was the original challange by GDE MOSS

Here is the challenge: Using the bible as the only source for your answers, determine what God has revealed a time period of one year consists of. Please do not even mention what we know that man currently observes or historically it has been claimed to have been observed but only that which can be discovered within the pages of our Holy Bible, the Word of God.

The word used for year was not translated 55 times. I haven't been able to figure out how to see what those times were as to understand why they were not translated into English yet.

Also, words tend to have a range of meaning and I am wondering still about the determined meaning behind the word when used to speak of harvest time as being 'years end'.

As I research the translations of the exact same spelling of the Hebrew word, I am finding a wide range of translations. Year, of the year, when the year, And it came to pass after the year, etc. It is difficult for me to discern how translations are decided. The more I research the more I am amazed.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Gary

shalom,

Mizz

this was the original challange by GDE MOSS

Here is the challenge: Using the bible as the only source for your answers, determine what God has revealed a time period of one year consists of. Please do not even mention what we know that man currently observes or historically it has been claimed to have been observed but only that which can be discovered within the pages of our Holy Bible, the Word of God.

Not sure what you mean by mans currently observed calendars, the Gregorian, Juilian? I see Yah setting times and seasons, takes those very times and seasons and sets up a calendar by which His assembly should live. Moses was told to start at a certain time of the year for the Passover, we see Noahs age given in years as are so many others, but with Noahs age we see it being given as 600 years before the flood. We also see that in Egypt there was an calendar system within the Hebrews since we see ages for sons of Levi, Aaron, etc. We read about generations yet I do not think we will find God hanging a specific calendar on the wall and showing us today is such and such a day in such and such a year, I think we are called to understand the days and seasons He provides for us in scriptures, live within the confines of our present calendar systems but walk spiritually in His. Time, God's calendar started at our creation and that is in place until He returns again. Thats how I see it.

shalom,

Mizz

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

This calamity happened in the six hundredth year of Noah's government, [age,] in the second month, (14) called by the Macedonians Dius, but by the Hebrews Marchesuan: for so did they order their year in Egypt. But Moses appointed that · Nisan, which is the same with Xanthicus, should be the first month for their festivals, because he brought them out of Egypt in that month: so that this month began the year as to all the solemnities they observed to the honor of God, although he preserved the original order of the months as to selling and buying, and other ordinary affairs.

i found this in chap 3 of Josepheus.

This calamity happened in the six hundredth year of Noah's government, [age,] in the second month, (14) called by the Macedonians Dius, but by the Hebrews Marchesuan: for so did they order their year in Egypt. But Moses appointed that · Nisan, which is the same with Xanthicus, should be the first month for their festivals, because he brought them out of Egypt in that month: so that this month began the year as to all the solemnities they observed to the honor of God, although he preserved the original order of the months as to selling and buying, and other ordinary affairs.

i found this in chap 3 of Josepheus.

So is he saying it was 600 years after the flood?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

What constitutes a biblical year?

That's the year you actually read the Bible.