Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Those of you who are propogating this crap should never point the "conspiratorial finger" at anyone else on this forum again.

I try not to be pointing any of my fingers at anyone. I prefer the entire arm using the entire body language for effect.

someone who fumbles for words when there's no aide up there on the podium with him to tell him what to say. - Not a good attribute for the leader of the most powerful nation on earth.

Yea, you're right, that's exactly what they said of Moses, he wasn't to much of a speaker either, that's why God (who sets up and removes kings and presidents) didn't let Bush become president in the first place. :sleep:

This televised age where character is minimised, liers with speaking style are the declared winners, and those that promote sin are supported by those that claim Christian virtues! (abortion, gay agenda, one world submission to UN, and who's heros are impeached adultrous expresidents)

Why should Kerry be held to any higher standard than the other Democrats? He is the person they have chosen to represent their beliefs. :laugh:

Edited by AnotherTraveler

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

May I interject that this debate is getting out of hand a bit. Please refrain from name calling.

Also I believe that both Kerry and Bush were making notes during the debate. I saw Kerry in fact writing with a pen several times and shuffling around what appeared to be paper or cards or something.

Yes Kerry did deliver a smooth debate. Bush was not as smooth in his delivery as he had been in the past. I also noted that Bush's left side of his mouth appears as if he has had a small stroke or something recently and that could have accounted for it. I also add that Bush had spent the day touring the Florida region hit by the hurricanes while Kerry was getting his hands manicured. So maybe he was tired as well. After all Bush is only human like the rest of us.

So instead of hurling insults at one another in here lets discuss this peacefully ok?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

May I repeat?

Section 5, pages 4-5 of the binding "Memorandum of Understanding" that was negotiated and agreed upon by both political campaigns states:

"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by either candidate.... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."

My question is:

If this is how Kerry complies with the NEGOTIATED rules of a debate, how will he comply with NEGOTIATED treaties he may make with other countries?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

It was a pen.....

Hrrm... i didn't know pens fold out like paper... i got to get me one of those unfolding pens...

lol what im trying to say is that it was a paper because he unfolded it, pens don't unfold, And why did h look so sneaky?

Guest charlie
I am not sure which of these is my conspiratoral finger, is it this one? I try not to be pointing any of them at anyone.

No, not that finger; it's the one pointing to a sham article that accuses Kerry of using a cheat sheet.

As for Moses; GWB is NO Moses!

I agree that this is a televised age. Part of this "age" includes messages repeated over and over (they don't have to be true) until they're ingrained into our psyche. It's part of marketing and let's be honest here, while Kerry definitely did better in the debate the Bush camp has excelled at marketing their candidate. When he was up there alone, on his own, it seemed he was a victim of his own "marketing", he didn't "KNOW" how to respond beyond those few soundbites that he's been used to repeating.

My question is, how can he adequately respond in meetings with foreign leaders when he can't even adequately handle a debate against a fellow American? Foreign policy is suppose to be his strong suit or so we've been "ingrained" to believe.

Papasangel, my mother commented that Bush seemed "drugged" to her. I didn't notice that about his left side but it is possible. If he has some sort of medical condition I don't think his "people" would want us to know that this close to the election.

I don't think it was Bush's debating skills; he held his own against Gore 4 years ago.

Guest charlie

I saw the pictures and I sure didn't see any paper.

Green Darner May I repeat?

Section 5, pages 4-5 of the binding "Memorandum of Understanding" that was negotiated and agreed upon by both political campaigns states:

"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by either candidate.... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."

My question is:

If this is how Kerry complies with the NEGOTIATED rules of a debate, how will he comply with NEGOTIATED treaties he may make with other countries?

Let me repeat again as well >> I would say the answer to your question is that he did comply. This is just a lie created to damage Kerry because he did so well in the debate, and the President did so poorly.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The original video that was on drudge this morning at 1:30 or so when I got up to go to work showed both of them having something in their hands as they got to the podium's. They looked like pens to me. Kerry got his out of his pocket and I could not tell where Bush's came from. Looks like a no big deal to me either way. Would be different if there were notes.

Sam

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

They both had pens so that they could make notes on what the other said which is, by the way, allowed: you can see Kerry and Bush doing so during most of the debate. It's so they can make the "something___ just said" comments.

Serious conspiracy theory here.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

The whole debate was a sham anyways. It just proved to me that the only difference between the Republicans and Democrats is a slightly different approach. Neither mentioned the constitution, neither mentioned a real solution or exit strategy from Iraq.

What was it Henry Ford said? You can have your car painted any color you want as long as it's black. That's not a legitimate choice.

Kerry or Bush, Hanging or Lethal Injection, Dumb or Dumberer.

If you want a real debate watch the David Cobb - Michael Badnarik debate.

You can find it here, all you have to do is register and it's free:

Free Market News