• Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

hi all...

Thank you for your time.

In the book of Genesis, it is said that God created the entire world and gave it to man to have dominion over it.

I would like a verse which says that He did so because He loved man.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

hi all...

Thank you for your time.

In the book of Genesis, it is said that God created the entire world and gave it to man to have dominion over it.

Blessings

No matter how much I searched & searched there isn't 1.. the closest thing is verse 26, when God talks bout making us to His "Likeness"

Also, did u notice that after God made everything He saw "that it was good", but it never says that after He made man.. :huh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

hi all...

Thank you for your time.

Blessings

No matter how much I searched & searched there isn't 1.. the closest thing is verse 26, when God talks bout making us to His "Likeness"

Also, did u notice that after God made everything He saw "that it was good", but it never says that after He made man.. :huh:

It's not immediately after Denise, it's in verse 31. You see right after it says He created man, He then goes on to speak of the authority they have, and after He gives authority, and even more so He blessed them, then He makes the statement of everything being very good. As if...He created everything for us to see His glory, in fellowship with Him? :) Nothing else in all of creation is made in His likeness. Not even the angels have authority over the children of God, those solely created in the image of His likeness (Hebrews 1:14), but they are here to serve us, in doing so they are also serving the Father.

As far as giving a verse in Genesis, I cannot. I can give answers indirectly however. Example, Genesis 6:6-7 "The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the Lord said, 'I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth - men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air - for I am grieved that I have made them.' "

He grieved making them, in such a way that indicates that His heart was broken. We see this all over scripture, without even the word Love involved. "The Lord your God is a jealous God", "but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him", "For the sake of ten I will not destroy it". There are places where it directly shows God's love and mercy. The New Testament speaks greater volumes in my opinion, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life" and "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of hit glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves."

So it's not so much that He gave Adam and Eve fellowship with Him in the garden and authority over all creation because He loved man, but rather, that He created man because He loved them before they were ever created, and authority and fellowship was given to those made in His image because He created them out of love.

Edited by lance.dunlop

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I can not help you with your question.

I am delighted to see you posting, GerdaHannah, we have prayed for you and hoped that you would return.

What has happened in your absense, please inform us.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

hi all...

Thank you for your time.

Blessings

He didn't do it because he loved man. He did it for his son because his son would become man and ultimately ruler over all created beings period. God the Father loves his son. God so loved the world he sent his only son. Handing the dominion of the world over to us was just part of the ultimate plan of 'perfecting' a 'very good' creation.

Peace in Christ,

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

hi all...

Thank you for your time.

Blessings

He didn't do it because he loved man. He did it for his son because his son would become man and ultimately ruler over all created beings period. God the Father loves his son. God so loved the world he sent his only son. Handing the dominion of the world over to us was just part of the ultimate plan of 'perfecting' a 'very good' creation.

Peace in Christ,

Gary

He wouldn't send His Son if He didn't love us---all of mankind makes up the world.

Love

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

~

.... In the book of Genesis, it is said that God created the entire world and gave it to man to have dominion over it.

I would like a verse which says that He did so because He loved man......

:thumbsup:

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. Ephesians 1:17-23

~

As I See It

It Was The LORD Jesus Who Made The Cosmos

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:13-16

And It Is For His Joy

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

We Exist

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

hi all...

Thank you for your time.

Blessings

Hi, God in His love sent the greatest gift of all His Son Jesus Christ.

For God so loved the world

John 3:16-17

16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

God commendeth his love toward us

Romans 5:6-8

6) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7) For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We love him, because he first loved us

1 John 4:7-19

7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13) Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14) And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15) Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17) Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19) We love him, because he first loved us.

The love of God is shown from Genesis through Revelation. Genesis 3 tells of God's promise to save sinful mankind through the Messiah Jesus, this is His love.

Her seed; it shall bruise thy head

Genesis 3:14-15

14) And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Jesus, born of a virgin

Matthew 1:23

23) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus, of the seed of Abraham

Hebrews 2:13-17

13) And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15) And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16) For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17) Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hope this helps :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

hi all...

Thank you for your time.

Blessings

Peace in Christ,

Gary

He wouldn't send His Son if He didn't love us---all of mankind makes up the world.

I never said he didn't love us. And mankind is the reference to the world spoken of in the OP.

Gary.