IGNORED

Christians have no right to wear a cross to work?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

How do you stop people who freely chose to have their disputes regulated by a religious court?

That is not a freedom we are afforded in the US.

It clearly is as such institutions exist and have existed since at least the 19th century.Longer infact as groups such as the Amish have chosen to live seperately from others in society enforcing their own internal rules and punishing by exclusion those who don't conform.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

so in anothers words no christian mixing with society, the amish dont live with other then only amish. this is tribal and not biblical. God called us to be in the world not of it. and well this is why the puritans came here and why we see america they we do. the puritans felt the new world was gods promised land to them. and that is why the ten commandments and the bible was the center piece of the early colony in plymouth rock.im not against that but we are to dominate the political spectrum not be tiny communities. the problem is that the society has deviated from this large christian experiment with a neutral goverment guided by godly laws to what you propose. the first amendment would be violated by these sharia courst and religious courts as these would have to be enforced by the law. one can in america be put in jail for failure to pay judgments from civil courts. ie child support.

that idea would divide a nation and not unite it. one need to look at isreal as isreal does this

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/democracy-for-jews-only-1.221810

i understand why they do this but well i dont want america this way and this isnt from an anti-semetic article as the paper is from isreal herself and the article written by a hebrew. that is where your idea would lead too as we have in part already this problem. pluralism is a double edge sword

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/u-s-jews-should-help-israel-redraft-its-immoral-citizenship-laws-1.303518

my mom is a gentile and my dad a jew, my grandparents didnt talk to mom as they didnt like as she was a gentile. it wasnt until i was born that this changed.i dont want a christian court challenging my conversion or anyones conversion., that isnt our place. we ought to inspect fruit and rebuke etc but not by the law.

Guest shiloh357

How do you stop people who freely chose to have their disputes regulated by a religious court?

It clearly is as such institutions exist and have existed since at least the 19th century.Longer infact as groups such as the Amish have chosen to live seperately from others in society enforcing their own internal rules and punishing by exclusion those who don't conform.

Yeah the "court" part is what I am referring to. Christians can solve disputes internally and they have enact their own committees to that end. What I am talking about is that we as Americans cannot enact legally binding decisions in private courts.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

Well the example of the Amish is very much like the example of Israel in the OT, set apart as an example. I tend to agree that with Christ one is in the world but not of it spiritually. However I suspect that when Nero started persecuting Christians they looked very much a separate group.

It is seemingly like that today in some ways as society degrades and moves further away from God, Christianity seems arachic and irrelevant. But in fact those with the voice, the megaphone, shouting the loudest at the moment are only doing so because God is at work. The battle is for the hearts and minds of the nominal believer. If His Kingdom wasnt advancing there wouldnt be the stiring and shaking.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Yeah the "court" part is what I am referring to. Christians can solve disputes internally and they have enact their own committees to that end. What I am talking about is that we as Americans cannot enact legally binding decisions in private courts.

Arbitration and Mediation

* How Cases are Brought to Beth Din

* Layman’s Guide to Dinei Torah (Beth Din arbitration proceedings)

The Beth Din of America is a full service mediation and arbitration organization. We have earned a reputation, among Jews across the ideological spectrum, for handling dispute resolution with confidentiality, competence, fairness and integrity.

Types of Cases

The Beth Din regularly arbitrates a wide range of disputes among parties, ranging in value from small claims to litigation involving several million dollars. These cases include: commercial (such as employer-employee, landlord-tenant, real property, business interference, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, investor mismanagement, defective merchandise and unfair competition disputes), communal (such as rabbinic contract disputes and other congregational issues) and familial (such as family business, inheritance and matrimonial) disputes. Cases are heard by a panel of three dayanim (arbitration judges) or, on occasion, one dayan.

Expert Arbitration Judges

List of Dayanim

The dayanim who sit on cases include leading authorities on Jewish law, as well as lawyers and businessmen who are familiar with secular law and contemporary commercial practices. When appropriate, the Beth Din will either include expert professionals on an arbitration panel, or consult them as expert witnesses. Cases are decided under Jewish law, through the prism of contemporary commercial practice and secular law.

Procedural Fairness

The Beth Din maintains an impartial and confidential relationship with each of its clients. Hearings proceed in conformity with the Rules and Procedures of the Beth Din.

Legally Binding Rulings

Prior to having a case heard by the Beth Din, litigants are required to enter into a binding arbitration agreement. The Beth Din conducts its proceedings in a manner that is consistent with the requirements of secular arbitration law, so that the rulings of the Beth Din are legally binding and enforceable in the secular court system.

To bring a case to the Beth Din of America, complete and submit an Application to Open a Din Torah Case. For further information about the din torah process click on How Cases are Brought to Beth Din, or read the Layman’s Guide to Dinei Torah (Beth Din arbitration proceedings). If you have any questions about the din torah process, please contact the Beth Din.

From here

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

lol. and i posted an article on that from heretz on that stating when is a jew ? so it would be with some militant athiest who converted and the courts with each demonation. judiasm is as divided as christianity is. that is what the article said.

• 5 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/08/1960

This is no shock. I wonder if this is a sign of our times

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus said in Matthew 24 as things escalate nation will rise against nation. The word there is ethnos, "ethnos against ethnos," it can mean a region of borders but also an ethnic group rising against an ethnic group. Serbs and the Croats, people in the same boarders rising up against one another.

Not saying it is what will happen but the future of England may be a civil war between British Muslims and well, any other kind of Brit. The same may be in store for North America.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

So then muslims cannot wear their hats or scarves. Hindus cannot wear their turbans. No red dots on their foreheads. Catholics cannot have ashes on their forheads on good friday. What about atheists and the fact that they wear nothing. I may find it offensive and claim that the government is forcing me to join. The problem is that we are supposed to have a separate government from church and but the government is invading the church.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Its certainly intriguing as to how it is panning out. I get the feeling in the world that secular liberalism is battling with Islam as much in the 'Arab spring' as it is here in the west.

I think essentially the dark forces we battle against are not quite as opposed as it might seem.

Secular liberalism doesnt ban the hijab but bans the wearing of the cross. It has done it in the first instances because the cross was jewerelry, and in the subsequent instances because it (secular liberalism) doesn't deem the wearing of the cross manadtory as part of the Christian faith, but has deemed the hijab mandatory as part of the Islamic religion. One might ask who in Islam and Christianity is persuading secular liberalism as to the true nature of the two faiths?

Consider this, on the television one is likely to see Muslim MP's identified as Muslim,, but not likely to see Christian MP's identified as Christian.