• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Some years ago, when I was just a new bride and not yet a mother of two as well as full of ideas....there was no greater desire in my heart than to write. After seeing talent in other family members supported and mine just being a hopeless dream....I gradually began to realize that some things were just not meant to be. Well...ever since I have started building a relationship with Christ....I have wanted to share Him with the world. Again though...much like when I wanted to write...I find myself lacking support. My husband, perhaps is the only real support I have. He speaks with me a lot on the Gospel, Jesus, God, amongst many contraversial issues of scripture. Yet...when I look at my life and seek guidance from others.....I find myself wondering...just what on earth am I doing? Or even more so...what makes me think I can do this?

It is like....if I truly feel I am supposed to do something or want to do something...everything has to bring me down. Just seems....in a word...pointless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Pray and ask God what His Perfect Will is for you. If you feel called - go and do it. If God calls you, He will equip you and show you the way.

Ephesians 1:17-19 KJV That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Some years ago, when I was just a new bride and not yet a mother of two as well as full of ideas....there was no greater desire in my heart than to write. After seeing talent in other family members supported and mine just being a hopeless dream....I gradually began to realize that some things were just not meant to be. Well...ever since I have started building a relationship with Christ....I have wanted to share Him with the world. Again though...much like when I wanted to write...I find myself lacking support. My husband, perhaps is the only real support I have. He speaks with me a lot on the Gospel, Jesus, God, amongst many contraversial issues of scripture. Yet...when I look at my life and seek guidance from others.....I find myself wondering...just what on earth am I doing? Or even more so...what makes me think I can do this?

It is like....if I truly feel I am supposed to do something or want to do something...everything has to bring me down. Just seems....in a word...pointless.

You can be free from your fear of not writing to the whole world and from the lack of an audience. You now have the whole world to write to, since this ministry is world wide. You also have support from the readers here. Let your words flow on these pages and write! :thumbsup:

By the way ... Welcome to the world wide Worthy Christian Forums!

Some years ago, when I was just a new bride and not yet a mother of two as well as full of ideas....there was no greater desire in my heart than to write. After seeing talent in other family members supported and mine just being a hopeless dream....I gradually began to realize that some things were just not meant to be. Well...ever since I have started building a relationship with Christ....I have wanted to share Him with the world. Again though...much like when I wanted to write...I find myself lacking support. My husband, perhaps is the only real support I have. He speaks with me a lot on the Gospel, Jesus, God, among many controversial issues of scripture. Yet...when I look at my life and seek guidance from others.....I find myself wondering...just what on earth am I doing? Or even more so...what makes me think I can do this?

It is like....if I truly feel I am supposed to do something or want to do something...everything has to bring me down. Just seems....in a word...pointless.....

Pointless

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:27

It Is Not

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; Ecclesiastes 9:10(a)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)

24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death ? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord ! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin. 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. (Romans 7-8)

A.S., as someone who is still coming out of chronic depression and self-hatred, it seems to me you are defining yourself by your sin nature rather than your renewed nature. I know it's easy to focus on the bad things you have done and still do. But we need to see ourselves as covered by the blood of Christ, a new creation, a royal priesthood.

Please try this, do a internet search for "Who I Am in Christ" or "Who am I in Christ" (Here is an example). Print out the list. Read this every day, or even better meditate on on point at a time (that is read the point, read the accompanying Scripture, dwell on it, repeat it to yourself, pray it over yourself, etc.). Let the truth sink into your spirit and soul.

Blessings!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes it is a challenge to discern whether something is a desire of our own hearts or a call from the Lord. Of course it can be both. Having your husband's support is great. If this desire has persisted over a period of time it could likely be the Holy Spirit is prompting you to jump in and try.

You can always expect some opposition if you are to move forward. And that may require a "leap in faith" for you, that is, to try something without having a lot of encouragement from others. And timing is very important too. I remember having a desire to teach women's bible studies for over a year before I finally started doing them. I wasn't really ready yet but the Lord put that desire in my heart. I put it on the back burner and continued to pray and wait. Eventually doors opened and I was invited to teach one. I ended up doing eight of them within five years and still do one occasionally.

Here is a great scripture which inspires me. (Psalm 37:3-5) (NKJV)

Trust in the Lord, and do good;

Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

Delight yourself also in the Lord,

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord,

Trust also in Him,

And He shall bring it to pass.

peace and blessings

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Sometimes it is a challenge to discern whether something is a desire of our own hearts or a call from the Lord. Of course it can be both. Having your husband's support is great. If this desire has persisted over a period of time it could likely be the Holy Spirit is prompting you to jump in and try.

You can always expect some opposition if you are to move forward. And that may require a "leap in faith" for you, that is, to try something without having a lot of encouragement from others. And timing is very important too. I remember having a desire to teach women's bible studies for over a year before I finally started doing them. I wasn't really ready yet but the Lord put that desire in my heart. I put it on the back burner and continued to pray and wait. Eventually doors opened and I was invited to teach one. I ended up doing eight of them within five years and still do one occasionally.

Trust also in Him,

peace and blessings

Thank you for your insight Evergreenjo. I will think on the wisdom you have shared as well as the scripture you have shared and pray on it too. If it is God's will and meant to be, it will be.

uncompleted post. erasing. sorry, my mistake. my post (#9) follows this. thanks. :b:

Edited by evergreenjo

Trust also in Him,

peace and blessings

Thank you for your insight Evergreenjo. I will think on the wisdom you have shared as well as the scripture you have shared and pray on it too. If it is God's will and meant to be, it will be.

Just remember that it is not "pointless" and that when you sense God is calling it is up to you to take action and step forth in faith. It is just too easy to give into discouragement but you won't have peace unless you try.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

well said evergreenjo.

I always saw religion as pointless way back in my wandering free agnostic days and saw religion pointless and then gradually my mentality got to the point where I was pessimistic then sheer negative. I look back now and realize I was holding myself back and letting people hold me back.

Dont let yourself down.