WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

It was warmer in the 10th century. For those who believe the climate change hype, I ask this. Was global warming worse for the environment during the 10th century? If no, then how can you say it will be worse now when its not as warm as it was in the 10th century? Was it man caused warming? If not, then how can you claim it is man caused today when it is not as warm as it was back then? Which is normal for Greenland: ice or lack of ice? What is your proof of that claim?

This quoting thing is tricky...i'll just put you in quotes

"It was warmer in the 10th century." - Provide citation please?

" For those who believe the climate change hype, I ask this. Was global warming worse for the environment during the 10th century?" -What is your definition of people who believe in climate hype, what is climate hype?

"Was it man caused warming? If not, then how can you claim it is man caused today when it is not as warm as it was back then? " -There is no certainty if it is absolutely man caused, but it doesn't excuse us for trying to be energy efficient

"Which is normal for Greenland: ice or lack of ice? What is your proof of that claim?" -Greenland use to have more ice coverage

cite: http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-01-greenland-pronounced-glacier-retreat-irreversible.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Doesn't anyone think for a moment that God understood all that we would be doing before he planned the creation and made his design around our capabilities to emit carbon?

Absolutely. I thought I had said that in my post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

It was warmer in the 10th century. For those who believe the climate change hype, I ask this. Was global warming worse for the environment during the 10th century? If no, then how can you say it will be worse now when its not as warm as it was in the 10th century? Was it man caused warming? If not, then how can you claim it is man caused today when it is not as warm as it was back then? Which is normal for Greenland: ice or lack of ice? What is your proof of that claim?

This quoting thing is tricky...i'll just put you in quotes

"It was warmer in the 10th century." - Provide citation please?

FresnoJoe's post with citation of how the time between 9th-11th centuries was a MWP and the fact that Greenland was not covered by ice seems to be substantial proof.

But if thats not enough, here it is in wikipedia. There are plenty of sources out there for this.

From an environmental historian:

10th – 14th century: The Medieval Warm Period (MWP) or Medieval Climate Optimum

During the High Middle Ages in Europe experienced a climate slightly warmer than in the period preceding and the period following it. The summer temperatures were between 1 and 1.4 degrees higher than the average temperature of the 20th century. The winters were even warmer with an average temperature in England of 6 degrees, which is slightly warmer than for most of the 20th century.

Link

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Christ will return before the generation passes that saw the fig tree bloom.

Ah 1948 belief.

Can you please explain?

Guest ninhao

Ah 1948 belief.

Can you please explain?

Of course Ms Hanson.

Some say Matthew 24:32 and other gospel parallels are prophecy pointing to Israel nation in 1948. Fig tree blooming = Israel nationhood.

A generation the bible is how long ?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Ah 1948 belief.

Can you please explain?

Of course Ms Hanson.

Some say Matthew 24:32 and other gospel parallels are prophecy pointing to Israel nation in 1948. Fig tree blooming = Israel nationhood.

LOL, I thought an Aussie might pick up on that. People differ on their definition of a biblical generation, from as much as 30, I think 40, some say 70 years. I don't partake in date setting though, so I'm not wondering why Jesus didn't come back in 1988.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

and its still preached here by some that this generation that sees the fig tree bloom shall not pass. the problem is that the fig tree in that context doesnt even mean isreal at all. in the gospel theres no mention of isreal restoration only judgment!

im not a buyer into global climate change. we dont know enough. but i do recycle and also conserve when i can.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Ah 1948 belief.

Can you please explain?

Of course Ms Hanson.

LOL, I thought an Aussie might pick up on that. People differ on their definition of a biblical generation, from as much as 30, I think 40, some say 70 years. I don't partake in date setting though, so I'm not wondering why Jesus didn't come back in 1988.

I look at it this way. When whomever was alive at that time is one of that generation, even a new born infant. The generation will not pass away would mean that the very last person alive from that generation. That would mean that it could well be 100 years.

I don't believe prophecy is held to such strict definitions as 30, 40 or any exact number of years.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

and its still preached here by some that this generation that sees the fig tree bloom shall not pass. the problem is that the fig tree in that context doesnt even mean isreal at all. in the gospel theres no mention of isreal restoration only judgment!

im not a buyer into global climate change. we dont know enough. but i do recycle and also conserve when i can.

Oy Vey!

There is plenty of unfulfilled prophecy concerning the complete restoration of the Kingdom to Israel.:thumbsup: