• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

Ok I was watching the movie yesterday King Ralph with John Goodman and it brought up the question...

First if one has never saw the movie John played the part of an American man that was in the lineage of inheriting the throne as the King of England.

There was a lot of bowing to him and a lot of the phrase " your Majesty"..

When I think of Majesty I don't think of men or women here down on Earth..

I think of Jesus Christ as Majesty.

Now in some countries it may be a sign as a greeting but in countries like America if you were to meet the president you could just "Hello".

In the Catholic faith if you were to meet the Pope you bow and may kiss his hand.

So now the question is that in any of these situations do you think that any of these can be construed as more then just a greeting and maybe placing someone higher then Jesus Christ?

In the 10 Commandments number 2 reads as follows...

2. You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

God does set kings over us, and we are to revere and respect their authority and their office, but not as idols. Even the president, biblically speaking is a king of sorts. We don't bow or curtsy to the American president or the Canadian or Australian prime ministers because it is a cultural don't.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

As an American, I would never bow to any leader (foreign or domestic). I will only make an exception when the Lord returns to set up HIS kingdom. :wub:

• Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Amen! - I will bow to God - no other.

As an American, I would never bow to any leader (foreign or domestic). I will only make an exception when the Lord returns to set up HIS kingdom. :wub:

You would curtsy before Queen Elizabeth, and there is nothing idolatrous in it.

Guest shiloh357

Americans neither bow nor curtsy before anyone. We are Americans and the US doens't bow or curtsy before any dignitary. We are not their subjects or their colonies anymore.

Americans neither bow nor curtsy before anyone. We are Americans and the US doens't bow or curtsy before any dignitary. We are not their subjects or their colonies anymore.

If you were going to meet the Queen personally, you would be instructed on the common way to greet her, which would be to bow if you are a man, or curtsy, if you are a woman. It is the traditional accepted manner in which to greet royalty. Being American doesn't give you the right to toss protocol aside.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

I dont care that I was born in what people call america, I wouldnt bow to the president of US Inc. anymore than the queen of England Inc., God is King and He rules all. Forever live the King of Kings!!! Jesus said "the greatest amongst you will be your servant" so what does that say about the self serving "royals"? Bow before them?, never! Id rather bow to tie a childs shoes than bow to placate the ego of some self righteous narcissist! Id rather bow to pick up dog feces than bow to a human who would claim "majesty"! If I were to worship a man Id bow before a mirror but knowing Im a sinner why would I bow to sin?, theyre silly children playing dress up and running life like a monopoly game. Kingdoms are the beasts and without a doubt the ruler is the visible figure head or image of the beast. God may use them for His glory but they arent to be glorified in any respect. God is no respecter of persons. Sorry if those words seem harsh but no man besides Jesus is worthy to be bowed before ever, He is my King and I am happy He gave me fingers to type praise of Him and a mind to contemplate His majesty.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

She is my queen too, and I'd never bow or curtsey. Respect is earned, she has none of mine.

As an American, I would never bow to any leader (foreign or domestic). I will only make an exception when the Lord returns to set up HIS kingdom....

You would curtsy before Queen Elizabeth, and there is nothing idolatrous in it....

She is my queen too, and I'd never bow or curtsey. Respect is earned, she has none of mine....

Just You Two Wait Until She's Got Her Burqa On Poor Gal