IGNORED

Very wary/weary of the medical industry.

jeffnevins

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I'm sorry for the issues being placed upon those in need of medical assistance and can't pay..

I agree with all that have shared...but I need a question answered...

By no means am I suggesting that medical assistance should be denied for those in need...

But reading the thread stirred my thoughts to ask...

Louisiana, have health units, clinics and hospitals for those who are unable to pay for their medical needs.

We also have some great private hospitals that's known to serve those for whatever reason when they can't afford to pay. Many times after helping they are able to get the patient referrals to doctors that work in that area of care.

Are there any such health facilities available in your states?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Malpractice lawsuits are a major reason here why it costs so much. For awhile, obgyns were going out of business because the cost of their malpractice insurance was so high they were unable to earn a basic living from their practice.

Another problem our system has, is that we are forced to pay for all health care for illegals. In arizona for instance, the state was sued to fully cover the cost of a kidney transplant for illegals from mexico despite the fact that this isnt covered for us citizens.

And that $30 the doctors office was owed ... why didnt the woman pay for what she owed, then ask the doctor again to refill the meds? That money has to have been owed for at least 90 days before the office would refuse to refill the meds, because that is how long they typically wait before redflagging her chart. And it is the office itself, not the doctor, who refuses to fill medications in that instance. Also why did she wait until she was out of medicine before she tried to get a refill? Folks need to take some responsibility too.

For those who say the doctors are in it for healing and not money, do you expect them not to charge anything but instead to work for free? The HMOs (insurance plans) have made it impossible for them to even cover the cost of overhead any more unless they spend less than 15 minutes per patient. Because of that, there is a trend called concierge medicine in which you fork over an initial $1500 per year to the doctor and then you can see him any time, for anything, for as long as you want and have your medical tests covered already.

The funny thing is that when I first became a pharmacist, medical insurance plans were brand new and touted by the public as a way of moderating costs. All they have done is drive up costs to the patient.

They were the first to interfer with how a doctor practices medicine. Now the feds want to. Given how the feds have handled their current socialized medical plans, VA, Medicare/Medicaid, Public Health Service, do you honestly expect them to handle obamacare any better? I guarantee they will hack away at the money spent on it in an attempt to cut down costs, just like they have done with the aforementioned plans.

My husband, a pharmacist, just work a 14 hr day and a 16 hr day in a row, 6 of those hours are unpaid overtime trying to meet the health care needs of people. He has been working 50 hr weeks and only paid for 40 hrs a week for a couple of years now. Medical people are hard working and caring. You should see it from the other side. See the abuse they get etc too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Malpractice lawsuits are a major reason here why it costs so much. For awhile, obgyns were going out of business because the cost of their malpractice insurance was so high they were unable to earn a basic living from their practice.

Another problem our system has, is that we are forced to pay for all health care for illegals. In arizona for instance, the state was sued to fully cover the cost of a kidney transplant for illegals from mexico despite the fact that this isnt covered for us citizens.

And that $30 the doctors office was owed ... why didnt the woman pay for what she owed, then ask the doctor again to refill the meds? That money has to have been owed for at least 90 days before the office would refuse to refill the meds, because that is how long they typically wait before redflagging her chart. And it is the office itself, not the doctor, who refuses to fill medications in that instance. Also why did she wait until she was out of medicine before she tried to get a refill? Folks need to take some responsibility too.

For those who say the doctors are in it for healing and not money, do you expect them not to charge anything but instead to work for free? The HMOs (insurance plans) have made it impossible for them to even cover the cost of overhead any more unless they spend less than 15 minutes per patient. Because of that, there is a trend called concierge medicine in which you fork over an initial $1500 per year to the doctor and then you can see him any time, for anything, for as long as you want and have your medical tests covered already.

The funny thing is that when I first became a pharmacist, medical insurance plans were brand new and touted by the public as a way of moderating costs. All they have done is drive up costs to the patient.

They were the first to interfer with how a doctor practices medicine. Now the feds want to. Given how the feds have handled their current socialized medical plans, VA, Medicare/Medicaid, Public Health Service, do you honestly expect them to handle obamacare any better? I guarantee they will hack away at the money spent on it in an attempt to cut down costs, just like they have done with the aforementioned plans.

My husband, a pharmacist, just work a 14 hr day and a 16 hr day in a row, 6 of those hours are unpaid overtime trying to meet the health care needs of people. He has been working 50 hr weeks and only paid for 40 hrs a week for a couple of years now. Medical people are hard working and caring. You should see it from the other side. See the abuse they get etc too.

I know exactly why the $30 co-pay didn't get paid. Because in our home state, a widow(er) is responsible for the medical bills of a deceased spouse. This lady is busily tryin to pay off her late husband's hospital bills from a long contracted illness and making sure she had food on her table, electricity and water. That $30 co-pay went for food or gas for her car to get to work. And I know for a fact that she didn't wait for her meds to run out before she requested the refill, she was down to about a month's worth.

When you have to decide between eating or paying a co-pay, eating tends to win out. My stepdaughter is a pharm tech, so I am aware of the things that go on, I get those stories first hand. Most medical people are hard working, but there are those who have a God complex and think that their medical degree makes them better than others.

No one expects a doctor or anyone else for that matter to work for free, however, there are times when compassion must take precedence over money.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/22/1997

The medical industry is supported by the science industry. The scientists don't even know if there are more vitamins and nutrients in our food than they've already named. They also haven't quite figured everything about how the body works. Vaccines are small amounts of virus that are supposed to enable the body to adapt to kill the virus, but it could cause the viruses to adapt instead.

Yes, I'm wary. I'm not going to go to the hospital or take pills unless whatever I have seems like it would be fatal.

No offence to anyone - just saying.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Vaccines are small amounts of virus that are supposed to enable the body to adapt to kill the virus, but it could cause the viruses to adapt instead.

Most vaccines are killed vaccines, meaning the virus is dead, not living, and cannot adapt. There are only a couple of attenuated live virus vaccines and they are so weakened, they cannot adapt either.