IGNORED

Prayer

Mark2005

Does prayer make a difference?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever get answers to prayers?

• Yes, often
    • Yes, occasionally
    • No, never get answers
  2. 2. How often do you pray?

• Almost never
    • Occasionally (once a week/once a month)
    • Regularly (daily or several times a week)
    • Without ceasing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Heidi Baker from Iris Ministries says it best "My every breath is a prayer".

I can't list the times Jesus has answered, or the amazing ways He has. I also don't know when He will answer the prayers we are currently praying. He will, and His will be done. We just wait in patience knowing He will.

South and me pray every morning before work together, and every night before sleep together.

During the day my prayers are constant, and almost take the form of a conversation with Jesus. I see an amazingly sculpted tree standing alone in the African grass and I will simply say "Thank you Jesus". Or I am driving and will start a conversation with the Lord, "Lord I have a problem I need to deal with.......".

Or, (and lucky for everyone else with my voice), my praise (and prayer is praise as well), I will sing spontaneous words of praise.(I often imagine that Jesus smiles (and resists blocking His ears :cool: )

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  366
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 66:

18 If I regard INIQUITY IN MY HEART, the Lord will not hear me:

i'm thinking that the reason God will not answer my prayers is because there is iniquity in my heart at the time. I mean why should God listen to us if we are disobedient etc ?

Well the Psalmist says this which is good:

19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

South and me pray every morning before work together, and every night before sleep together.

This is beautiful. I pray God continues to bless you both with such great togetherness and oneness of spirit.

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

**Removed prayer**

blessings-0873.jpg

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies..." —2nd Peter 2:1

Robert Schuller EXPOSED!

*** edited link ***

If you want to share the link to that site, I suggest this be done through PM.

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

blessings-0873.jpg

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies..." —2nd Peter 2:1

Robert Schuller EXPOSED!

*** edited link ***

I'm not saying your right and I'm not saying your wrong, but if you are going to rely on a web site that slams Robert Schuller and Billy Graham, for your sake, you better have your ducks in order.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

How in the world would you expect God to hear or answer your prayers as a non-believer? You're here, so I assume that things aren't working out so well between you and the devil. There won't be any atheists in hell. They'll all be believers, but it will be too late. This life is short and uncertain. Not one of us knows whether we will be alive tomorrow. If you die in your sins without Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, it will be TOO LATE.

I once was a Christian, more or less. I "believed", but there were no emotions attached to this belief, and thus it was by no means strong. I simply accepted the notion, having not known any other alternative at the time.

Are you implying that God is incapable of hearing or answering prayers unless the prayee believes in him? Wouldn't God be more inclined to answer the prayers of those who have some doubt in order to strengthen their faith?

For the most part, I prayed for my father to stop being an abusive tyrant and either be kind to us or leave us alone. Or for my mother to "get wise" and leave him. Or that I could live somewhere else. Or that he'd die. They became increasingly more hostile as time progressed. When I "sold my soul" ... I suppose it was the same as praying, only to Satan and with the realization that I was losing something supposedly valuable ... I made a somewhat vague request that my father must either completely redeem himself by being unconditionally kind to us without fail, or I would be free of his abuse and he would live in misery, consumed by hatred at my success. I am almost certain (and I only say "almost" because one can never be completely certain about anything) that my father sending me away a few months later was a happy coincidence. But it was certainly odd... As for my relationship with this character, I don't believe there is a devil. So my feelings toward him would be akin to my feelings toward my schizophrenic friend's hallucinations. Assuming he does exist and this incident was his handiwork... I appreciate his help.

You're having a hard time in trying to decide what you believe. You weren't a Christian or you would still be one. Maybe you went to church, but that doesn't make you a Christian. That would be like standing in a garage and saying that you're a car. Becoming a Christian is a once in a lifetime event, and it's for Eternity. You stated that you made bargains with the devil, and now you say that you don't believe there is a devil. There is no almost Christian - you either are or you're not. Obviously, God isn't going to answer prayers you made to the devil. Bluntly, it sounds like your life is a mess and you really need Jesus Christ in your life. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. I suggest that you go back to church. In the meantime, I think it would be great for you to read the beautiful book of John in the Holy Bible.

Great book to start with nChrist. A lot of people say read the gospels but John is a better start.

Edited by coheir

blessings-0873.jpg

Robert Schuller EXPOSED!

*** edited link ***

I'm not saying your right and I'm not saying your wrong, but if you are going to rely on a web site that slams Robert Schuller and Billy Graham, for your sake, you better have your ducks in order.

I pray that God will open your eyes to the truth about Robert Schuller and Billy Graham, if you dont believe that they are pretenders after reading about their words on television and what is given about them on the Internet then you only deceiving yourself and others. Briefly Schuller is a Freemason and Graham is a Roman Catholic, that should be enough for you to avoid them as the Bible tells us to do.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

blessings-0873.jpg

Robert Schuller EXPOSED!

*** edited link ***

I pray that God will open your eyes to the truth about Robert Schuller and Billy Graham, if you dont believe that they are pretenders after reading about their words on television and what is given about them on the Internet then you only deceiving yourself and others. Briefly Schuller is a Freemason and Graham is a Roman Catholic, that should be enough for you to avoid them as the Bible tells us to do.

I did not accuse you of being right or wrong, just you were making serious accusations. To make accusations like that, you need your ducks in order and being a Freemason or a Roman Catholic alone is not cutting it, I will pray for you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

blessings-0873.jpg

Robert Schuller EXPOSED!

*** edited link ***

Sorry...I am not really a follower of either person...the prayer had profound meaning to me. If any moderators are here...please delete my post here.

Seems I cannot do anything right.......religion labels again.....

Think we all need to check our own hearts....before judgement is cast on the hearts of others. God alone knows them. Meant no offense posting the prayer. ....Will make no further contributions to this thread.