IGNORED

Prayer

Mark2005

Does prayer make a difference?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever get answers to prayers?

• Yes, often
    • Yes, occasionally
    • No, never get answers
  2. 2. How often do you pray?

• Almost never
    • Occasionally (once a week/once a month)
    • Regularly (daily or several times a week)
    • Without ceasing

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Wondering a bit about prayers.

Has anyone here ever received a specific answer to prayer, be it help making an important decision or something happening that you could not do of your own?

Also, what sort of issues do you pray about? And how often do you pray?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Has anyone here ever received a specific answer to prayer, be it help making an important decision or something happening that you could not do of your own?

I have often received specific answers to prayer. Sometimes the answer is immediate and sometimes not. Sometimes the answer is an action/ event and sometimes the answer is given to me while Im in prayer, as if I was being told.

The bible tells us to take everything to Him in prayer with thanksgiving. Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. I pray for big things and minor things. I pray for someone to be saved or for a specific thing to take place. I will pray just a prayer of thanking Him or praising Him too.

I do not pray nearly often enough. I pray daily.

Let me give you an example of one prayer I did that shocked my husband. He is a believer but tends to want to be shown things. He didnt entirely believe me when I said that if I lose something I pray for God to show me where it is and I find it immediately. One time, he was sitting in a large stuffed chair. It was night and the lights are dim by that chair. He had some things all around him (newspapers, sweatshirt etc). He was fussing with his eyeglasses and the tiny screw popped out. He panicked and asked me if to help him find it. He made a comment that since I claim I that God answers prayers for lost things would I pray now. I got up and went over to him. I prayed and just bent down and picked it right up. Without being able to see it. Without looking for it. I prayed and bent down and there it was. My husband doesnt doubt this any more lol.

God hears and answers prayers large and small. But He has also chosen to give me an answer that isnt what I wanted, or what appears to be no answer at all. All things within His will, not mine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I pray whenever the need arises. I need to praise him. I need to request something. I need to intercede for another. I need to know something.

I have received specific answer to prayer. The most dramatic for me was the day that I heard a sermon on the four men who bore the paralytic to Jesus. Having ripped the roof off of the house they lowered him down to Christ, who seeing their faith healed the man, not of his own faith but theirs. I was dealing with being newly converted to Christ and my wife was yet an unbeliever. She showed absolutely no signs of believing and was becoming rather intolerant of me and my new found faith. So, by faith, I asked 3 other professing Christians to join me after work and to symbolically lower her down in prayer unto Christ so that he might heal her. All the men joined me and we each took time to pray for her conversion and healing. I went home. On my way home, I remember telling God that it didn't matter what his choice was, that I was good with it. If he wanted me to be done with her I would be and if we were to be happily married so be it (I didn't understand his position on marriage at the time). When I arrived home nothing had changed. She was the same as always. I didn't flinch but remained in faith. Within 48 hours of that prayer session, I was watching a Kent Hovind video on Creation vrs Evolution, Dinosaurs and the bible and my wife sat next to me on the couch and asked "What if I believe?".....I weep now as I write, as it was so beautiful.

Because He Loves Us,

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

I received an answer to prayer at a young age, that had me rather angry. At no more than 11, I asked God to heal my grandmother or take her home to heaven if it was His will. She had been diagnosed with breast cancer and it was attacking her very viciously. In the end, my grandmother left this earth to one day be with God, her Father.

Otherwise any time....things are just beyond my control, I pray for guidance. When my husband and I had to move in with his mother, I prayed constantly that He would guide us. It took a long time, almost a year, but we got back on our feet and had a place of our own just in time for our youngest to be born.

I pray about anything...everything....thanking God, lifting up others to God, sharing with Him worries, cares....just anything that is on my heart.

How often do I pray....? Should be daily....and most the time, it is. Every so often I let a day pass without it, but that is also a day in which I find myself regretting not having that time with God. All it takes is a few moments.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I pray, not really unceasingly, but many many times throughout my day. They are just 'conversations with God'...I pray when i am thankful, when I am nervous or upset, when I need help with something, before I begin a project of importance. I pray for my husband while he is at work, for my kids at school, for my grandkids.. I just pray all the time, in bursts. Never long winded prayers, I don't have the attention span for 'prayer time'.

And when I pray for something, yes, I usually get answers.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Also, I would like to add, that my most important prayer happens within seconds of my regaining consciousness after sleeping. Every morning, almost without fail, I pray that God will fill me with his Holy Spirit that I might have the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, self-control, kindness, goodness, faith, etc that others may feed upon.

Gary

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Answers come from all sorts of places for me. I do ask for specific things, work for my husband, coverings, but I also just talk to Him, I ask Him to help me reason out scriptures stuff like that. Sometimes as I am walking my dog I will be praying and suddenly I might have an answer to something asked weeks ago but I always find that its always connected to something that will show itself during the day or something I end up in need of knowing. Sometimes the answers are no and we must accept that He knows best even if it hurts terribly. God is always good though to help us through our trials if we let Him show us the way.

shalom,

Mizz

Also, what sort of issues do you pray about? And how often do you pray....

Always

Sometimes With Tears

Always With Thanksgiving For His Salvation

Praying For Me And For You And For Worthy And For Israel Too

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I pray often throughout the day - most of the time for others - those who are ill or in need - to watch over my extended family. For myself, I most frequently pray for strength and guidance and to give thanks for all that God has provided for my family and myself. I try to avoid frivolous prayers and to always ask in the Perfect Will of God. YES, I know beyond any doubt that countless prayers have been answered during most of my life. As an example, I know beyond any doubt that I'm alive today because of the prayers of others. God has richly blessed me and my family's needs have been provided for by a Gracious and Loving Heavenly Father. All good things come from him, so every day should be one of thanksgiving.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I often pray for Him to give me words to speak/type. He has helped me countless times there lol.