IGNORED

Maher's attack of Anne Romney.....Women Hater?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

There is hypocrisy on both sides, mud-slinging on both sides. Yet all the while both sides sit and pat one another on the back while keeping average americans divided with their antics. Whoooo, hooooo

Great, now lets hear you condemn Maher's hate speech.:thumbsup: It's obvious BE won't.:huh:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

There is hypocrisy on both sides, mud-slinging on both sides. Yet all the while both sides sit and pat one another on the back while keeping average americans divided with their antics. Whoooo, hooooo

Great, now lets hear you condemn Maher's hate speech.:thumbsup: It's obvious BE won't.:huh:

I don't listen to Maher...don't have HBO...if I did...still wouldn't listen to him. Like I said there is hypocrisy on both sides...no need to get my blood pressure up for every hateful, ill-advised, or purposfully hurtful thing thats said out there. I already have more than enough concerned about.

I do have a question...while I know Maher is knowingly Atheist, is Rush a believer?

:thumbsup::rolleyes::laugh:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

The whole 'War on Women' thing has just demonstrated how ugly this whole election is.

Actually, it was there last election. Both Hillary and Sarah were burned, but Sarah more so.

Then...it was more personal, IMO, as it was around a private affair.

Whereas this has turned into an outright war on the view of stay at home mothers....

Then it could be just me.... but doubt it as so many stay at home mothers have already taken an offensive position.

Guest shiloh357

It was different where Hillary Clinton was concerned. She was personally attacked, but that was because she was competing with Obama for the nomination. But after the election, she was not the victim of a liberal media witch hunt where every move, word and gesture was scrutinized, where she could not wear anything or even eat pizza that it wasn't a source of mockery and belittlement. Hillary was embraced by the Obama camp and thus embraced by the radical left that supported Obama.

Hillary was just as much in the public eye as Palin was after the election, but the media went on a campaign to smear her and her family and no one and and nothing was off limits. They scoured her E-mails as Governor for something to use against her and were frustrated that they couldn't. They even mocked her downs syndrome child.

They had the same type of campaign against Bachman and any mistake or factual slip up was put forth as evidence that she was not smart enough to be president, even though Obama can't get history right and even stated during his campaign that he had visited all 57 states and had made other such gaffes.

The liberals can't reprimand Maher because they agree with him and the other bottom feeders like him who pass themselves as "comedians" as a means of cover so that they can use disgusting foul, uncivil degrading language. That is all the left has. To be a liberal is to settle for having to defend the gutter rats and slime that they bring with them from the sewer. To be a liberal is to defend the hypocrisy of holding conservatives to a standard that the left feels that they don't have to live up to themselves. It is the hypocrisy of condemning in others what they justify for themselves.

It was different where Hillary Clinton was concerned. She was personally attacked, but that was because she was competing with Obama for the nomination. But after the election, she was not the victim of a liberal media witch hunt where every move, word and gesture was scrutinized, where she could not wear anything or even eat pizza that it wasn't a source of mockery and belittlement. Hillary was embraced by the Obama camp and thus embraced by the radical left that supported Obama.

Hillary was just as much in the public eye as Palin was after the election, but the media went on a campaign to smear her and her family and no one and and nothing was off limits. They scoured her E-mails as Governor for something to use against her and were frustrated that they couldn't. They even mocked her downs syndrome child.

They had the same type of campaign against Bachman and any mistake or factual slip up was put forth as evidence that she was not smart enough to be president, even though Obama can't get history right and even stated during his campaign that he had visited all 57 states and had made other such gaffes.

The liberals can't reprimand Maher because they agree with him and the other bottom feeders like him who pass themselves as "comedians" as a means of cover so that they can use disgusting foul, uncivil degrading language. That is all the left has. To be a liberal is to settle for having to defend the gutter rats and slime that they bring with them from the sewer. To be a liberal is to defend the hypocrisy of holding conservatives to a standard that the left feels that they don't have to live up to themselves. It is the hypocrisy of condemning in others what they justify for themselves.

To mock her as they did was wrong. I am not ever going to deny that. Especially as her being the mother of a child with special needs. That is no walk in the park. Then I am not surprised she was as Obama has shown a clear dislike for individuals who have some form of disability...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The whole 'War on Women' thing has just demonstrated how ugly this whole election is.

Actually, it was there last election. Both Hillary and Sarah were burned, but Sarah more so.

Then...it was more personal, IMO, as it was around a private affair.

Whereas this has turned into an outright war on the view of stay at home mothers....

Then it could be just me.... but doubt it as so many stay at home mothers have already taken an offensive position.

I was referring to the "war on women" in general - attacking stay-at-home moms is a new angle . . . but yeah, I can understand how this one gets more personal.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I don't get around the boards as much as I could, and don't know everyone's political or even religious views. What I do know is that I am really sick of anyone and everyone trying to defend outright appalling behavior because someone else did "the same thing" or a "worse" thing. Who cares? ANY - let me say that again - A N Y Christian who defends the kind of behavior of Maher or Rush should be ashamed of themselves. I don't listen to either of them. I'm a conservative, but I don't like a lot of Rush's attitude. He likes to be rude and couch it in the cover of being "honest." Maher is a straight up pig who stands behind the fake shield of being a "comedian." They're both wrong. What Rush said about the girl was wrong. At least, saying it was wrong. I don't know her, don't know her habits, but even if she was looking for the government to pay for her to have all the sex she wanted, calling her names doesn't accomplish anything at all. It certainly doesn't make me respect his viewpoint. Then there's Maher, and others like him, who make a living by being jerks. And there are so-called Christians out there who defend him for it. Shame on you! I don't care which side of the political line you're standing on, if you're a Christian, or even a half-way decent human being, you should be offended by his words about women, about the fact that he can be so popular while belittling women.

This country is racing downhill faster every day. Our politicians are too busy squabbling with each other to actually do anything. Our media, the supposed source of information for us, is so biased by their own political bents and hunger for ratings and headlines that "truth" has become a foreign concept to them. And it isn't just the liberal media that does it. It's rampant throughout the entire industry. The hypocrisy is beyond description across the board. Everyone is so blasted busy trying to prove themselves right that they can't find time to care about how "wrong" the process as a whole is. We've got the people who are vying for the opportunity to lead the nation taking potshots at each other in their adds instead of telling us anything about why they deserve our vote. It's absolutely pathetic.

Democrats are hypocrites because they love to stand up and talk about fairness and tolerance and all the rest of it, but are wholly intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them. Just look at the popular movements these days. Homosexuals want everyone to just accept them for who and what they are, but they aren't remotely accepting of those who choose not to do so. I'm not talking about people who want to harm them or abuse them or hurt them in any way, but merely people who sincerely believe homosexuality is wrong and dare to say so. They're called every unflattering name in the book. Same goes for anyone who dares to push even the most basic Christian beliefs, like honesty, integrity, responsibility for ones own actions, etc. We're all bigots and racists and haters and idiots and the list of insults goes on and on and on.

Republicans are hypocrites because they like to spout off about "family values" and "moral integrity" while they're cheating on their spouses, taking bribes, and lying through their teeth on a regular basis. They have no backbone because the reality is they're more concerned with getting elected or re-elected than with standing on their principles, assuming they have any. You've got right-wing nuts out there who leap to rabid defense of anyone or anything that even comes close to being on their "side" regardless of whether they or it is worthy of defense.

The whole case in Florida with the Martin kid is a perfect example of how both sides care more about the political mileage they can get than they do about the truth of the situation. Zimmerman has been turned into the devil incarnate for all the left-wing anti guns, profiling, racism, etc. crowd. Martin has been martyred as some paragon of virtue and victim of cold-blooded murder. While on the other side, the right-wing bunch has turned Martin into some kind of gang-banger, trouble-making punk and hails Zimmerman as the poster-boy for gun rights and self-defense. The fact is that no one, other than Zimmerman himself, knows exactly what happened that night. I can guess. I say Zimmerman saw a kid he didn't know and worried that he was up to no good. I don't think Martin's skin color came into it. I just think Zimmerman saw a kid with a hoodie pulled up, maybe to try to hide his face, and he started leaping to conclusions. He did the right thing and called the cops, then did the absolute wrong thing and followed Martin despite being directly told NOT to. Then you have Martin, a kid on his way back home after a trip to the corner store when some guy he doesn't know starts following him. I don't know who initiated the final confrontation. I don't know why Martin didn't just run all the way home once he started running. I don't know why Zimmerman didn't just stay back and at least follow from far enough back that Martin wouldn't notice him. Or better yet, just let it go like he was told to do. But for whatever reason, they got in each other's faces and one thing led to another and a physical fight started. Martin might well have thought Zimmerman was some kind of mugger. In his mind, he was defending himself. Zimmerman, on the other hand, is getting his rear end kicked by the kid, his head slammed into the sidewalk, so he panics, thinks the kid's going to kill him, and pulls his gun. A shot gets fired and it's all over. It's not cold-blooded murder, no matter how much the left tries to make it so. But he doesn't deserve to walk away scott free, either. He killed a boy in a confrontation that could have been avoided if he'd just listened to the cops and not followed Martin.

So, tell me, has anyone here heard ANY news outlet even hint as such a reasonable possible scenario? Nope. Because all the media cares about is ratings. And the politicians who've weighed in on it are only interested in bolstering their own agendas. The truth, or even the possibility of a mundane, reasonable cause for the tragedy is never really considered. Whatever happens with the case, someone is going to ticked off about it because the whole thing has been whipped up into a giant media storm. Zimmerman and his family and the family of the boy who died are all caught right in the middle of it and can't even share their real feelings about it because they have to make sure not to say or do anything that might somehow weaken their "side." I saw a report where Martin's mother mentioned that she thought the situation had gotten out of hand and Zimmerman had wound up shooting her son. Then she quickly released a statement retracting that and insisting that Zimmerman had killed her son in cold-blood. Why? Because her lawyers told her it would look bad if she showed even a hint of thinking that Zimmerman was anything less than pure evil. It's obscene what we've all become.

I'm beyond sick of the political posturing from both sides. I don't trust any of them. And it doubly stinks because we're all forced into a situation where we're trying to defend what we see as the lesser of two evils instead of calling them all what they really are. Limbaugh, Mayer, Obama, Romney, they're all just playing a game and I'm tired of it.

(Sorry for the rant. :b: )

I don't get around the boards as much as I could, and don't know everyone's political or even religious views. What I do know is that I am really sick of anyone and everyone trying to defend outright appalling behavior because someone else did "the same thing" or a "worse" thing. Who cares? ANY - let me say that again - A N Y Christian who defends the kind of behavior of Maher or Rush should be ashamed of themselves. I don't listen to either of them. I'm a conservative, but I don't like a lot of Rush's attitude. He likes to be rude and couch it in the cover of being "honest." Maher is a straight up pig who stands behind the fake shield of being a "comedian." They're both wrong. What Rush said about the girl was wrong. At least, saying it was wrong. I don't know her, don't know her habits, but even if she was looking for the government to pay for her to have all the sex she wanted, calling her names doesn't accomplish anything at all. It certainly doesn't make me respect his viewpoint. Then there's Maher, and others like him, who make a living by being jerks. And there are so-called Christians out there who defend him for it. Shame on you! I don't care which side of the political line you're standing on, if you're a Christian, or even a half-way decent human being, you should be offended by his words about women, about the fact that he can be so popular while belittling women.

This country is racing downhill faster every day. Our politicians are too busy squabbling with each other to actually do anything. Our media, the supposed source of information for us, is so biased by their own political bents and hunger for ratings and headlines that "truth" has become a foreign concept to them. And it isn't just the liberal media that does it. It's rampant throughout the entire industry. The hypocrisy is beyond description across the board. Everyone is so blasted busy trying to prove themselves right that they can't find time to care about how "wrong" the process as a whole is. We've got the people who are vying for the opportunity to lead the nation taking potshots at each other in their adds instead of telling us anything about why they deserve our vote. It's absolutely pathetic.

Democrats are hypocrites because they love to stand up and talk about fairness and tolerance and all the rest of it, but are wholly intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them. Just look at the popular movements these days. Homosexuals want everyone to just accept them for who and what they are, but they aren't remotely accepting of those who choose not to do so. I'm not talking about people who want to harm them or abuse them or hurt them in any way, but merely people who sincerely believe homosexuality is wrong and dare to say so. They're called every unflattering name in the book. Same goes for anyone who dares to push even the most basic Christian beliefs, like honesty, integrity, responsibility for ones own actions, etc. We're all bigots and racists and haters and idiots and the list of insults goes on and on and on.

Republicans are hypocrites because they like to spout off about "family values" and "moral integrity" while they're cheating on their spouses, taking bribes, and lying through their teeth on a regular basis. They have no backbone because the reality is they're more concerned with getting elected or re-elected than with standing on their principles, assuming they have any. You've got right-wing nuts out there who leap to rabid defense of anyone or anything that even comes close to being on their "side" regardless of whether they or it is worthy of defense.

The whole case in Florida with the Martin kid is a perfect example of how both sides care more about the political mileage they can get than they do about the truth of the situation. Zimmerman has been turned into the devil incarnate for all the left-wing anti guns, profiling, racism, etc. crowd. Martin has been martyred as some paragon of virtue and victim of cold-blooded murder. While on the other side, the right-wing bunch has turned Martin into some kind of gang-banger, trouble-making punk and hails Zimmerman as the poster-boy for gun rights and self-defense. The fact is that no one, other than Zimmerman himself, knows exactly what happened that night. I can guess. I say Zimmerman saw a kid he didn't know and worried that he was up to no good. I don't think Martin's skin color came into it. I just think Zimmerman saw a kid with a hoodie pulled up, maybe to try to hide his face, and he started leaping to conclusions. He did the right thing and called the cops, then did the absolute wrong thing and followed Martin despite being directly told NOT to. Then you have Martin, a kid on his way back home after a trip to the corner store when some guy he doesn't know starts following him. I don't know who initiated the final confrontation. I don't know why Martin didn't just run all the way home once he started running. I don't know why Zimmerman didn't just stay back and at least follow from far enough back that Martin wouldn't notice him. Or better yet, just let it go like he was told to do. But for whatever reason, they got in each other's faces and one thing led to another and a physical fight started. Martin might well have thought Zimmerman was some kind of mugger. In his mind, he was defending himself. Zimmerman, on the other hand, is getting his rear end kicked by the kid, his head slammed into the sidewalk, so he panics, thinks the kid's going to kill him, and pulls his gun. A shot gets fired and it's all over. It's not cold-blooded murder, no matter how much the left tries to make it so. But he doesn't deserve to walk away scott free, either. He killed a boy in a confrontation that could have been avoided if he'd just listened to the cops and not followed Martin.

So, tell me, has anyone here heard ANY news outlet even hint as such a reasonable possible scenario? Nope. Because all the media cares about is ratings. And the politicians who've weighed in on it are only interested in bolstering their own agendas. The truth, or even the possibility of a mundane, reasonable cause for the tragedy is never really considered. Whatever happens with the case, someone is going to ticked off about it because the whole thing has been whipped up into a giant media storm. Zimmerman and his family and the family of the boy who died are all caught right in the middle of it and can't even share their real feelings about it because they have to make sure not to say or do anything that might somehow weaken their "side." I saw a report where Martin's mother mentioned that she thought the situation had gotten out of hand and Zimmerman had wound up shooting her son. Then she quickly released a statement retracting that and insisting that Zimmerman had killed her son in cold-blood. Why? Because her lawyers told her it would look bad if she showed even a hint of thinking that Zimmerman was anything less than pure evil. It's obscene what we've all become.

I'm beyond sick of the political posturing from both sides. I don't trust any of them. And it doubly stinks because we're all forced into a situation where we're trying to defend what we see as the lesser of two evils instead of calling them all what they really are. Limbaugh, Mayer, Obama, Romney, they're all just playing a game and I'm tired of it.

Winsomebulldog,

Like you...I do not listen to either one. As embarrassing as it is.....I do not really know who either of them is. What drew my attention here was the ongoing 'War on Women." The whole instigation of it, not really caring who or what side started it, has had my feathers ruffled.

Politics have always been ugly....and that is why I likely...though I cannot remember how I am registered, when I go to reregister or register for my current area as I have not registered since my last move or two...I am likely not going to declare myself either side as I cannot back either side....be it Republican or Democrat.

This is why a lot of the time I have had issues voting...there is too much mud slinging and no real focus being placed on the issues that matter.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

In ancient Rome they called it "bread and circuses."

Blessings!

-Ed

Guest shiloh357

I would not, for my part, claim that there is no hypocrisy on the right. I am sure there is. That is not in dispute.

The problem is that instead of admitting that there are dregs in their midst and doing what they can to rein them in and hold people Maher accountable, they celebrate them, defend them, and try to pass off the most disgusting comments that can possibly be made as nothing more than the whimsical obersvations of a comedian with a dirty mouth.

The liberal rationale works like this:

If you are a conservative man and make a distasteful and rude comment about a woman. You are misogynist. If you are a liberal man and call conservative women "c****s" and "b****es" and "t***s" you are nothing but a comedian with a dirty mouth. If you are male conservative talk show host and you make distasteful and rude comments about liberal women, you should not even be on the air and there are calls from the left that your show be pulled. But, if you are a liberal man making similar distateful and rude comments, it is protected speech and pulling you off the air would amount to censorship and a violation of your right to free speech.