IGNORED

Does God ever do things that make you laugh?

Ladyhrtlovesu

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

There are many times I see the hand of God work in such a way as to make me shake my head and wonder, "WHAT is He THINKING?" I am sure God has a sence of humor and that He enjoys sharing it with us from time to time. Is there a time you can recall, when God did something for you or someone you know that showed his sence of humor?

Guest LadyC

i'm sure God has a sense of humor! we were created in His image... and besides, He has to have a sense of humor to put up with me ;)

i don't know if this would be classified as God's humor or not, but i've been watching the birds and squirrels all spring, and it's so fun. one thing that made me laugh right out loud one day was when i saw a bird land on a telephone wire, and 'stumbled'. i mean that bird was flying so gracefully, and then it landed on that wire and flipped upside down! it was one of the funniest things i'd ever seen, it was so unexpected. and i kept thinking wow, even birds can be clumsy!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  80

i'm sure God has a sense of humor! we were created in His image... and besides, He has to have a sense of humor to put up with me ;)

i don't know if this would be classified as God's humor or not, but i've been watching the birds and squirrels all spring, and it's so fun. one thing that made me laugh right out loud one day was when i saw a bird land on a telephone wire, and 'stumbled'. i mean that bird was flying so gracefully, and then it landed on that wire and flipped upside down! it was one of the funniest things i'd ever seen, it was so unexpected. and i kept thinking wow, even birds can be clumsy!

lol, I love that! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Like LadyC, I see God's sense of humor when I'm watching nature. If you ever get a chance watch bears at play in the wild, there is never a dull moment. I really see God's humor when I'm with my grandchildren, they never cease to amaze me.

I'm also sure God gets a chuckle at some my ideas, they say "if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plan".

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/22/1997

No. Absolutely never. God isn't funny.

:taped:

:24: :24: :24:

Yes, he does, but none come to mind at the moment... I will post again when I dig one up :D

Guest LadyC
If you ever get a chance watch bears at play in the wild, there is never a dull moment. I really see God's humor when I'm with my grandchildren, they never cease to amaze me.

oh my gosh, oldzimm, your grandchildren are BEARS? wow, God really DOES have a sense of humor! :taped::24: :24: :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

laughter is definitely of God. A good sense of humor too.

Children are the source of much laughter and I believe God planned it that way. I have a daughter who comes up with the craziest things to say that are so funny.

God also has a different sense of humor I suppose. Once I asked him for something when I was really down and out, not thinking about the future and what it might hold. Then months later he offered to answer my prayer and I had to politely decline as I understood how foolish my request was in the first place. I smiled at him that day.

I interact with God all day long on most days in some way shape or form. It is interesting to watch him move people around who have no clue that he is doing it and wouldn't believe them if you told them. So God makes me laugh at us and just how much we think we are in control of everything. I have since given up controlling my life in exchange for just following the bread crumb trail before me.

He did say blessed are they who mourn as their mourning shall be turned into laughter...

Gary

• Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

If you ever get a chance watch bears at play in the wild, there is never a dull moment. I really see God's humor when I'm with my grandchildren, they never cease to amaze me.

oh my gosh, oldzimm, your grandchildren are BEARS? wow, God really DOES have a sense of humor! :taped::24: :24: :24:

:24: :24: Well my grandchildren aren't really bears, but there are times they act like mischievous bear cubs and I love it. :laugh:

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm not sure it's humour, but he made us lot pretty laughable! I mean, just look at the crazy arguments we have about him!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/20/1946

There are many times I see the hand of God work in such a way as to make me shake my head and wonder, "WHAT is He THINKING?" I am sure God has a sence of humor and that He enjoys sharing it with us from time to time. Is there a time you can recall, when God did something for you or someone you know that showed his sence of humor?

I see God's humor in squirrels and man's battle over bird feeders. My son-in-law got me a squirrel proof feeder. Yet, I sat and laughed as I watched the squirrel figure out how to raise the top and crawl inside the feeder. My brother used to have a limb that stretched beside his carport and every day a squirrel would run across the carport and sail off the carport onto the limb. One day my brother cut the limb down and the next morning, the squirrel ran across the carport and whoops!

One day, my dauchund ran a squirrel up and tree. The squirrel ran out on a limb and sat there looking at Buddy while he scolded my dog as if to say, 'you can't catch me!" The squirrel merrily jumped to another tree, then to another tree and ran down the next tree to find Buddy sitting there waiting for him. I wish I could honestly say that the squirrel had a suprised look on his face, but it sure seemed like he did! :24: :24: