• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Correct!

But when you legislate something, it is no longer a right but an obligation.

If you want to maintain the right to not help those in need, when it comes to blood, or to your time, or your companionship etc, then to be consistent you also need to maintain the right not to give organs.

Works both ways :).

The biblical answer of course is to give from the heart, willingly, and not under compulsion. We don't compel anyone to spend time with the lonely, we don't compel anyone to give blood, we don't (well whistling.gif) compel anyone to give money to the poor, and we don't compel anyone to give their organs.

Our motivation to give comes not from compulsion or legislation but because the Lord has blessed us, and because one day we will give an account.

Taylor do you routinely donate blood? If not, why not?

Not blood, but I do donate plasma. And I do that because it pays $25 each time I do it. As so many on this thread have stated, it is our RIGHT to refuse to do good, even though God says to refuse to do good or exercise that "right" is a sin. People on this thread may not judge those who refuse to do right, but God WILL.

Taylor, will God judge you for not spending time with the lonely people of your community? wub.gif Will God judge you for not giving your $25 plasma money to the poor of your community? wub.gif

Just a side note, if you are giving plasma in exchange for money, you have received your reward already on this earth (money).

I'm just trying to get those fingers pointed in the right direction. We need to give people the freedom to obey the compulsion God puts in their hearts, not the obligations man puts on their head.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Taylor,

You can't legislate stuff like organ donation. Organs are part of the human body, for heaven's sake. If one wants to donate, great, I applaud them. But it can't be coerced.

When you think about it, very few things in life can be coerced. We can't even enforce traffic laws, how would you possibly do that?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

Correct!

If you want to maintain the right to not help those in need, when it comes to blood, or to your time, or your companionship etc, then to be consistent you also need to maintain the right not to give organs.

The biblical answer of course is to give from the heart, willingly, and not under compulsion. We don't compel anyone to spend time with the lonely, we don't compel anyone to give blood, we don't (well whistling.gif) compel anyone to give money to the poor, and we don't compel anyone to give their organs.

Our motivation to give comes not from compulsion or legislation but because the Lord has blessed us, and because one day we will give an account.

I agree with you but that doesn't solve the problem. We must have forgotten that GOD did legislate morality. Anything that wasn't right was sin I am 100% certain that if the Israelites had the technology back then to do it, God certainly would have had something to say on this issue. Murder is a serious sin that deprives someone of life. Organ donation also CAN be a type of murder ( if someone could have used your heart and you refused to give it ). Allow me to use another illustration to get my point across.

If I see a child drowning in a pool, I have a RIGHT to simply walk away. There is no law that requires me to help and I would have the RIGHT to do it. I view organ donation as the same thing. To refuse to save a life ( if someone is waiting for a heart or lung) is morally WRONG and I must admit my surprise st hearing Christians defend the RIGHT to do something morally WRONG and sin. I DON'T think God would defend this "supposed" right. DO YOU? If God wouldn't, why are we, AND how does it make God feel that we would defend something he wouldn't.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

other then medical reasons I dont see any valid reasons not to (seeing as christianity is the only valid religion and theres nothing against organ donation there) But, I dont think it should be mandatory, it should be ones right to decide to donate or not-even if its false belief in another religion.

Correct!

I agree with you but that doesn't solve the problem. We must have forgotten that GOD did legislate morality. Anything that wasn't right was sin I am 100% certain that if the Israelites had the technology back then to do it, God certainly would have had something to say on this issue. Murder is a serious sin that deprives someone of life. Organ donation also CAN be a type of murder ( if someone could have used your heart and you refused to give it ). Allow me to use another illustration to get my point across.

If I see a child drowning in a pool, I have a RIGHT to simply walk away. There is no law that requires me to help and I would have the RIGHT to do it. I view organ donation as the same thing. To refuse to save a life ( if someone is waiting for a heart or lung) is morally WRONG and I must admit my surprise st hearing Christians defend the RIGHT to do something morally WRONG and sin. I DON'T think God would defend this "supposed" right. DO YOU? If God wouldn't, why are we, AND how does it make God feel that we would defend something he wouldn't.

Taylor, equating murder with not donating your organs is really below the belt. You basically are calling anyone who doesn't plan on doing this, a murderer. It is really not that simple. Actually, you do not have a RIGHT to walk away if you see a child drowning, you have a duty of care to do what is in your ability to save the child. What we oppose is legislating something that should be a free will matter.

Again, point that finger in the right direction. It is RIGHT to visit the sick, orphans, elderly etc, but you don't. When the finger is pointed at you, you have all kinds of excuses. But here you are freely pointing the finger at others.

This condemnation has to stop. Organ donation is a matter of the heart from which we volunteer to do if we are so compelled. We are not obliged.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Taylor do you routinely donate blood? If not, why not?

Not blood, but I do donate plasma. And I do that because it pays $25 each time I do it. As so many on this thread have stated, it is our RIGHT to refuse to do good, even though God says to refuse to do good or exercise that "right" is a sin. People on this thread may not judge those who refuse to do right, but God WILL.

Plasma donation is used for things like cosmetics. That is why it pays.

Donating blood is used to save lives.

Given how your original post insists that folks be forced to do good, you should set the example with blood donation, not plasma donation for money.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Correct!

Then you are wrong for donating plasma instead of blood.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

This thread is closed for review.