• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

If the Bible says that Jesus is Lord then I believe it.

If the bible says that Jesus was born of a virgin, I believe it.

If the bible says the children of Israel walk across on dry land, I believe it.

If the bible says there is sin, I believe it.

If the bible says God created the heavens and the earth, I believe it.

If the bible says there is a lake of fire, I believe it.

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

In his love,

Brian

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

John th B. questioned the pharisees as to who told them to flee, and we are told to flee things and recognize there is wrath to come. Jesus spoke much about hell.

Lu 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

1Th 1:10  And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

LT

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

How can death burn?

Again, do you believe that there are degrees of punishment in hell? Will a person who lived a good, decent life, but rejected Christ, suffer as much as Hitler?

warm regards

-bud

How can death burn?

Again, do you believe that there are degrees of punishment in hell? Will a person who lived a good, decent life, but rejected Christ, suffer as much as Hitler?

warm regards

-bud

Hi Budman,

Warm is OK. It is Hot I have a problem with. These passages seem to indicate different degrees. What do you think?

Joh 19:11  Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Lu 10:11  Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Lu 10:12  But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

Lu 10:13  Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.

Lu 10:14  But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.

Lu 12:47  And that servant, which knew his lord

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hi LT,

I believe that there are indeed degrees of punishment in hell. Those passages you quoted clearly show this.

It is against God's character to punish everyone the same.

I mean, think about it. Why would someone who lived a decent life, who never stole, or murdered, or tried to hurt anyone, but who simply rejected the Gospel message, suffer as much as Hitler, Stalin, or Mao, etc.?

warm regards

-bud

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Hi LT,

I believe that there are indeed degrees of punishment in hell. Those passages you quoted clearly show this.

It is against God's character to punish everyone the same.

I mean, think about it. Why would someone who lived a decent life, who never stole, or murdered, or tried to hurt anyone, but who simply rejected the Gospel message, suffer as much as Hitler, Stalin, or Mao, etc.?

warm regards

-bud

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Romans 3:23

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

We are all sinners. Sin is sin! Without the blood of Jesus I am no better than Hitler or Stalin. Praise God for His sacrifice so that I will never have to see hell! :il:

To give an analogy to the degrees of sin. would be like trying to distinguish the difference in height between a grain of rice or a bean looking down from the moon. One is definetly higher when looking up close but from the perspective of the moon there is no difference.

LT

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

If people have a chance to receive Christ and do not God is just in punishing those who refuse Him.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Romans 3:23

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

We are all sinners. Sin is sin! Without the blood of Jesus I am no better than Hitler or Stalin. Praise God for His sacrifice so that I will never have to see hell! :il:

Amen :huh:

I get asked questions like yours Budman, by one of my friends who is searching for God. He can't understand why God "allows" things to happen. As Bob said earlier, He is a God of Justice.

Look at the criminals Jesus was crucified with:

Luke 23:39-43

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."

Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Here are 2 criminals who hung on the cross for crimes that they are punished justly for. However, one accepted God, the other chose to reject him. Even in his dying moment, the criminal was promised a place in Paradise because he chose to believe in God.

Acts 16:31

They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

God doesn't call for us to earn our salvation by our actions- if that were the case, we'd all be cast into the lake of fire. God wants us to step out in FAITH and embrace the One who saves us. It can happen as a young child or an old person on their deathbed. God knows the hearts of His children and will save those willing to believe, accept and love Him. :il:

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast.