IGNORED

"Jesus Would Not Approve Of Abortions" President Carter

Guest Butero

i wouldnt say that they arent all working.

I didn't say that they were not all working.

sadly many dont work nor want to. i have seen this first hand.

In this new age of Atheism and the disinterested Church for Public Service we have to have the government...

there will always be those who are disabled who cannot work.

The solution is returning charity to private sector charities and the church. Alright, so we have atheists. Why don't they start their own charity? They can call it Food For Fools. :rolleyes:

The Bible teaches us to give alms to help the poor, but since the government has taken over the welfare business, people don't feel the need to give anymore. We need to get the government out of welfare, and begin preaching the full gospel again, and that it is more blessed to give than to receive. We need to preach about laying up treasures in heaven. The solution is not government.

Guest Butero

G'morning!

I find it intriguing, especially on a Christian forum, to find a debate about secular political parties.

How is it possible to pray for the Kingdom of God to come and then trot oneself out and vote for the Governance of man? When humans wanted a human king, God called it an act of faithlessness and warned us that we would regret it - and most of us do!

I fail to see how voting in secular elections can be reconciled with such admonitions as 'Keep yourself without spot from the world;' 'Friendship with the world is enmity with God;' 'Do not be loving the world or the things of the world, for the world is passing away and so is its desires, but he who does the Will of God remains forever,' and many more like these.

Until Jesus comes and sets up his Kingdom, like it or not, we have government. The church is God's Ambassadors in this world, and it is our duty to represent Christian values to the best of our ability. That includes voting when we have that opportunity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

In this new age of Atheism and the disinterested Church for Public Service we have to have the government...

The solution is returning charity to private sector charities and the church. Alright, so we have atheists. Why don't they start their own charity? They can call it Food For Fools. :rolleyes:

The Bible teaches us to give alms to help the poor, but since the government has taken over the welfare business, people don't feel the need to give anymore. We need to get the government out of welfare, and begin preaching the full gospel again, and that it is more blessed to give than to receive. We need to preach about laying up treasures in heaven. The solution is not government.

I don't mind us having welfare. I don't even mind paying the taxes to help other people out, for when I was young I do know that the churches didn't always do what they should have......

What I do mind is all the money they waste doing it...... and not setting up programs that make sure that people really need the help.

If we got rid of al lthe fraud and waste, we could afford welfare..... even medicare and social security with a few basic changes. Why is it that everyone wants to modify and change things, but no one wants to get rid of the fraud and waste...... AAAAaaaaarrrrrrggg.....

btw, every time I see this topic I can't help but think...... Well I don't approve of abortions either...... but if they wouldn't listen to Jesus, why should I think they'll listen to me.....

Guest Butero

I don't mind us having welfare. I don't even mind paying the taxes to help other people out, for when I was young I do know that the churches didn't always do what they should have......

What I do mind is all the money they waste doing it...... and not setting up programs that make sure that people really need the help.

If we got rid of al lthe fraud and waste, we could afford welfare..... even medicare and social security with a few basic changes. Why is it that everyone wants to modify and change things, but no one wants to get rid of the fraud and waste...... AAAAaaaaarrrrrrggg.....

Even though I oppose government welfare in principle, I agree with you about waste. I believe we could finance the military, ss, and medicare and medicade without any cuts if we would simply downsize the government. By that, I mean eliminating government agencies like the Department of Education, Agriculture Dempartment, Environmental Protection Agency, IRS, etc. How would we get by without the IRS? By simplifying the tax code, by eliminating income tax and replacing it with a consumption tax or using a simple flat tax. If we downsize the beurocracy, we should be able to keep the current "safety net" in place and keep our military strong. I would also suggest selling off some of the government lands for development, so long as the lands must be sold to American interests as opposed to foreign investors. And of course, we need to repeal Obamacare. That goes without being said.

Butero, the IRS is the collection agency for the Federal Reserve....... if we could find some way to get rid of the Federal Reserve, the IRS would naturally go away with it.

Guest Butero

Butero, the IRS is the collection agency for the Federal Reserve....... if we could find some way to get rid of the Federal Reserve, the IRS would naturally go away with it.

I am all for getting rid of the Federal Reserve system. Yes, the IRS is our collection agency, but if we were to go to a consumption tax or simple flat tax, we could downsize the agency to a fraction of it's current size.